+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help what pram should I buy double or single?

I am 32 weeks ATM and looking at buying a pram. My issue is I don't know what pram to buy. I have a three year old and I am not sure if I should get a side by side double pram or one where they sit behind each other or a single pram and possibly one of the toddler board things.

My 3 year old is very slow when she walks with me refuses to hold my hand and on occasion runs away. I currently use a umbrella stroller for her.

Other thing that I have to consider is limited boot space in my car.

Just after some feed back on other people's experience with double prams, toddler boards or what you did for transport with children having a three year age gap?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is your toddler happy to sit in a pram?

Thanks
    Reviews
    She would rather walk and sometimes puts up a fight about going back in if i let her out, but once she is in there she is fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It really depends on u if ur happy to have ur 3 yr old walk if she's not goin to sit in the pram there isn't really a point in getting a double pram unless u plan on having a other I would get the board add on to the pram and put like a strap on her hand to the pram so she won't run away

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you ever used the board? I saw one in a mag that had a seat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a bugaboo with a toddler board with seat (the 'kid sit') for my DD who is 2.5, it's working really well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is so hard to make a decision. I don't know why I am like this with prams with my last dd I could not make a decision about what pram to buy and ended up using my DS old stroller. Unfortunately it has seen better days (DS is nearly 10 ) so I need to buy a new one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    She sounds very similar to my first dd, but she was 2y7m when bub arrived. I luckily already had the strider plus from her and got the second seat, i find it's good for extra storage when's she's not using it and if she is playing up it makes a good threat. She regularly sits in the pram but often in the basket at the front, but has slept in the seat a few times. I've found it well worthwhile having the pram with one behind the other for the amount she uses it, but think it can depend on the toddler. With a slow dawdler and sometimes runner though I think definitely helpful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does the strider pram fold fairly small? I think I may need to look at a couple more shops. I live a fair way from the baby shops ( not that there is that many in Hobart) I looked at one shop yesterday but not really convinced by any pram they had. I would definitely consider second hand but been far away from everything makes that difficult to.