+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We went and our lease states that the owner/agent is responsible for ALL outdoor maintenance, and ALL household repairs.

Heck they're even responsible for changing our lightbulbs (we do it ourselves of course).

The "garden" is a mess, and always is. I actually would love to tackle it but have neither the time nor the inclination- it is so overgrown there could be anything living in there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DH spends maybe 1/2 hour on the pool weekly and 2-3 hours every 3-4 weeks on the lawn, in spring more on the garden but not so much in winter!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hardly any. Garden maintenance is included in our rent, and we pay a guy to mow our lawn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DH spends 20-30 minutes daily outside (between cleaning up after dogs, checking/cleaning pool etc) and then 2-3 hours every other weekend on lawns, gardens etc.. plus I spend an hour a month in shaping hedges.

Time consuming but enjoyable and worth it 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess it depends on the size of your yard, the design of your yard, and how tidy you want it to be!

We have just over half an acre. DH spends most of his time doing garden stuff (I spend time out there with him too because we enjoy it), I do 90% of the inside jobs. That works well for us. We recently got rid of the pool because there's just not enough time to look after it.

On the flip side, our neighbour has the same size block but has mostly paving and gardens with no lawn, and he would spend an hour a week tops on his yard.

Maybe you could look at putting in some time saving designs to your yard (unless, maybe your hubby just loves being outside in the garden - mine does!) .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    Yep we needed to do a couple of hours a week to maintain the garden. But we don't. So needless to say there are a lot of weeds that need pulling up. I flipping hate it. Too hot to garden on the Gold Coast!!
    We live on the GC as well and totally agree. There is no in between. Its hot early in the morning and hot in the arvo. If its not hot its raining!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are on the gc as well too hot!! With this weather the grass is growing like crazy so dh will be in the garden again tomorrow, 2nd time this week. So this week 4hrs and we don't have much yard!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    I guess it depends on the size of your yard, the design of your yard, and how tidy you want it to be!

We have just over half an acre. DH spends most of his time doing garden stuff (I spend time out there with him too because we enjoy it), I do 90% of the inside jobs. That works well for us. We recently got rid of the pool because there's just not enough time to look after it.

On the flip side, our neighbour has the same size block but has mostly paving and gardens with no lawn, and he would spend an hour a week tops on his yard.

Maybe you could look at putting in some time saving designs to your yard (unless, maybe your hubby just loves being outside in the garden - mine does!) .
    We are on a quarter of an acre and even that I find so time consuming! Out of hubby and I, I find I am the one who loves being outdoors and maintaining the gardening! But I agree in that you should look for some time-saving options if it's a struggle, like paving! Our yard is mostly lawn, so we find that pretty easy - thought sometimes it's a struggle to stay on top of mowing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are on 1 and a 1/2 acres, with big gardens, lots of grass and a pool so spend a lot of time on outdoor gardening etc.

DH mows twice a week during summer (to keep lawns short due to snakes) and once a week/fortnight during the winter.

Pool gets cleaned (walls swept and vacuumed) twice a week and chemicals added weekly.

Gardens are always ongoing, between to 2 of us we spends an hour every day pruning and pulling out weeds.

And DH does a hose down, removes spider webs and blower vacs the entertaining area about once a month.