+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Why don't you and your SIL come to an arrangement where you both take time off work and watch each other's kids? And leave your MIL to enjoy the peace! Maybe you take 1 day off a week and watch all 6, then your hubby, then your SIL, then BIL, then on the remaining day. On the 5th day maybe you're mother in law can mind the 4.

There is no way in hell I would mind 6 kids. NO WAY IN HELL!!! Let alone expecting an older woman to do it! I would never leave my kids alone when my mum was minding 6, no way she want watch them all. It would be completely exhausting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Why don't you and your SIL come to an arrangement where you both take time off work and watch each other's kids? And leave your MIL to enjoy the peace! Maybe you take 1 day off a week and watch all 6, then your hubby, then your SIL, then BIL, then on the remaining day. On the 5th day maybe you're mother in law can mind the 4.

There is no way in hell I would mind 6 kids. NO WAY IN HELL!!! Let alone expecting an older woman to do it! I would never leave my kids alone when my mum was minding 6, no way she want watch them all. It would be completely exhausting.
    That's a great idea.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (10-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    That's a great idea.
    No! It's a crappy idea! 6 kids.... Faaarrrrkkk!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (11-01-2015),kriista  (10-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    No! It's a crappy idea! 6 kids.... Faaarrrrkkk!
    It's full on but 1 day each would be more manageable than poor MIL

Thanks
    Reviews
    How much is vacation care for 2 kids for 2 days?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    It's full on but 1 day each would be more manageable than poor MIL
    Organising daycare would be even better!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (11-01-2015),kriista  (10-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    How much is vacation care for 2 kids for 2 days?
    About $65 per day per child but with the subsidy should work out at $130 in total or less if subsidy is more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wasn't going to comment on this thread but sadly I can see where everyone is coming from..... I would never expect my mother to watch my children or my MIL.... But having said that I would hope anybody that does have relatives that watch their children unpaid are grateful for it! Not only would I not expect my mother to watch my children but she wouldn't anyway because she always has my brothers 6 children day and night while they work and party. My MIL has been MIA for ages she has no interest in grandchildren just as she had no interest in her own children. I know its expensive but how about family daycare during the school holidays.... That's the way thousands and thousands of other aussies have to rough it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read all the comments, but why is it your MIL responsibility to look after your kids? Sorry but this just completely blows my mind.. & the suggestion that she should just 'suck it up' wow... Having in laws to watch your children is a LUXURY, not a RIGHT. You both sound very ungrateful. If I was your mil I would be telling you both to sort out alternate arrangements.

Your kids, your problem. Stop being so self entitled & organize alternate arrangements. In regards to your sil & mil arrangements - that's really none of your business, so I would stay out of it. You're essentially angry at her for doing exactly what you want to do. The way your post reads, I highly doubt you are concerned for your mil, you are more concerned at the fact that you can't score the free babysitter more often.!

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dee1 For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (18-01-2015),delirium  (11-01-2015),kriista  (10-01-2015),LaDiDah  (10-01-2015),LiterallyNoOne  (12-01-2015),MummaCat  (11-01-2015),VicPark  (11-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dee1 View Post
    I haven't read all the comments, but why is it your MIL responsibility to look after your kids? Sorry but this just completely blows my mind.. & the suggestion that she should just 'suck it up' wow... Having in laws to watch your children is a LUXURY, not a RIGHT. You both sound very ungrateful. If I was your mil I would be telling you both to sort out alternate arrangements.

Your kids, your problem. Stop being so self entitled & organize alternate arrangements. In regards to your sil & mil arrangements - that's really none of your business, so I would stay out of it. You're essentially angry at her for doing exactly what you want to do. The way your post reads, I highly doubt you are concerned for your mil, you are more concerned at the fact that you can't score the free babysitter more often.!
    My thoughts exactly!