+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    Wow you spoke to someone that actually manufactures the car seats, that's certainly straight from the horses mouth!

The extender isn't very long and just brings the buckle up a bit higher. The buckle does not sit over the child's body. According to my research this is safe.
    Fair enough was just offering my opinion based on what I've been told is all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    As long as the buckle doesn't sit in the child's lap, it is safe. It is only a recommendation that it not be in their lap, but it's common sense too. The buckles that I have, meet Australian safety standards.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've had 3 car seats fitted in a few cars we've had. Jeep Patriot, Mazda CX-9 and now a Nissan Patrol. All of which have fit perfectly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Do you have 3 car seats in your back seat?

Quote Originally Posted by LlamaMa View Post
    As long as the buckle doesn't sit in the child's lap, it is safe. It is only a recommendation that it not be in their lap, but it's common sense too. The buckles that I have, meet Australian safety standards.
    No one guarantee that they're safe. They're not crash tested with each restraint so there always is the potential of failure in an accident. They're designed for morbidly obese people, not child restraints.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to callmedragon22 For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (11-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by callmedragon22 View Post
    No one guarantee that they're safe. They're not crash tested with each restraint so there always is the potential of failure in an accident. They're designed for morbidly obese people, not child restraints.
    If you have to use one then use the shortest one possible and make sure it doesn't come into the seating area of the booster. Some other options are to put the booster on the outside and move it slightly out to do the buckle up then push it back in. I've also heard of people putting Velcro on both the seat and the buckle to hold the buckle up so you can reach it to do it up.

I'm certainly not looking forward to the booster stage in our car. We have a 70 series Landcruiser wagon and can fit 3 seats easily. Falcons and Commodores are also good for fitting 3 across.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 3 in my Captiva

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi LittleBug'sMum

I realise this is an old thread. I'm not sure if you'll even see this message. But just in case you do. I'd love to get more details on the configuration of how you got those seats in there? We are expecting #3 in July and I also have a VW Golf. At the moment I have 2 Maxi Riders but am going to purchase a Booster and hire a capsule. I'm hoping that I can keep one Maxi Rider (to save a bit of money) and I stumbled across your post which is giving me hope! Can you tell me which order you have the seats in? Any other info or tips on getting them in there would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mumnson View Post
    Hi LittleBug'sMum

I realise this is an old thread. I'm not sure if you'll even see this message. But just in case you do. I'd love to get more details on the configuration of how you got those seats in there? We are expecting #3 in July and I also have a VW Golf. At the moment I have 2 Maxi Riders but am going to purchase a Booster and hire a capsule. I'm hoping that I can keep one Maxi Rider (to save a bit of money) and I stumbled across your post which is giving me hope! Can you tell me which order you have the seats in? Any other info or tips on getting them in there would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks.
    Hi! I have mine set up with the maxi rider in the centre and the capsule on one side booster on the other. The booster I have is a safe n sound encore. I have one of those seatbelt extender straps so DS1 can do up his own seatbelt - otherwise it is a bit tricky to get the seatbelt done up on the booster (it kind of almost sits under the maxi rider). Depending on how tall you are it is probably best to have the capsule behind the passenger seat- I found with the maxi Cosi capsule you couldn't put the seat back all that far, but it's not a problem now that I have the SNS compact seat rear facing there. The other capsule I looked at was a Joie Gemm, I think that would have fitted too, but I couldn't hire one, so ended up with the maxi Cosi.
    It was a bit of a pain getting the capsule in and out- not sure if it was just the one that I had was a bit stiff, but had to have the arm rest on the maxi rider up to slot in the capsule.
    Hope that helps!