+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    Thanks for the way in which you explained it to your DD, I've been trying but I think your words might be better than mine. She's so keen bless them!
    I also found our GP useful. She's great and basically confirmed what I was saying....but hearing it from a doctor made her so much more at peace that it wasn't anything she was doing wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's interesting as it doesn't seem to make a difference - I forgot one night and gave her milk in a cup before bed and she didn't wet the bed. No drinks and she does.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    sorry icandream I missed that. my only other thought, could there be an infection? I also think I would stop waking her up. Doesn't the bladder have to continue growing by holding more?? have you seen a doctor about this?? marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's interesting as it doesn't seem to make a difference - I forgot one night and gave her milk in a cup before bed and she didn't wet the bed. No drinks and she does.
    I know. My youngest has been dry for two months and takes a drink to bed with him every single night. We have tried to get him to stop having a drink in bed but he just wakes us up for a drink in the middle of the night. He is my only child who drinks during the night and the youngest to be dry overnight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any ideas how to toilet train at all....my 2yr 7 month old is not interested at all, but are when we use the toilet. We even got him a seat and explained. But nothing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    I know. My youngest has been dry for two months and takes a drink to bed with him every single night. We have tried to get him to stop having a drink in bed but he just wakes us up for a drink in the middle of the night. He is my only child who drinks during the night and the youngest to be dry overnight.
    DS has been dry overnight since he was 3, we did nothing it just clicked with him but he's a guzzler in the night too but I think I could count on one hand the amount of times he has ever wet the bed. Man kids are baffling aren't they!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    Any ideas how to toilet train at all....my 2yr 7 month old is not interested at all, but are when we use the toilet. We even got him a seat and explained. But nothing.
    We had a seat that sat on the toilet with steps for them to climb up to the seat. My kids never showed interested or so we thought and one day they both just decided to stop wearing nappies. DS I don't recall having any accidents but DD did. I think sometimes we underestimate how much they are taking in.

Just keep encouraging him, he's still quite young to fully get it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

Nafsika  (09-01-2015)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    I think average age for successful toilet training is about 2 , but I wouldn't be too worried until 3 yrs plus. It is just learning a new habit, so it will take some time, for every child. marie.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Nafsika  (09-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had a seat that sat on the toilet with steps for them to climb up to the seat. My kids never showed interested or so we thought and one day they both just decided to stop wearing nappies. DS I don't recall having any accidents but DD did. I think sometimes we underestimate how much they are taking in.

Just keep encouraging him, he's still quite young to fully get it.
    Thank you, I think until 3 is ok, after that I'll seek professional help. LoL