+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 20 week Morph scan issues

Hi girls. I just went to have my morph scan. I actually went tuesday and bub was laying in the wrong position so i had to go back today. The tech still couldnt get the heart readings she needed but said she will just report what she has seen. She said all looked ok that she could see but i needed to speak with my docto for further info etc. Im absolutely freaking out and cant stop crying. Did anyone else have scan issues anf all was ok ?? X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I'm very surprised they didn't have you drink some cold water or go for a short walk to encourage bub to move around a bit. They did that with me for the 13 week NT scan.
    I wouldn't worry too much though and getting yourself worked up isn't going to help any. By what you've said it doesn't sound like the tech was very concerned with anything they did see. You would be getting bub heart beat checked every ante natal appointment so just talk to your OB or doc at the next appointment. Try to calm down a bit, have a drink and maybe go for a bit of a walk if you can. Hugs, I know you're just worried about your bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks heaven blue. We did try the cold water and walk trick but didnt make much difference. Its just so hard not to worryx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    Sorry you are stressing - I've had the exact same happen to me this week! I had 20wk scan before Christmas had to go for a walk drink water etc took an HR and a half...still no good!

Went by Tuesday this week and STILL couldn't get the right angle of the heart. Tech said what she cld see was all good but still wanted me to persist to get final measurements...so back I go next week. 3rd time lucky?

It did make me suspicious too that there may be something wrong but they were very reassuring that it happens - two other ladies were in there for repeat/try agains when I was there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Doesn't sound like there were any issues as such, just that your bub was uncooperative for the measurements. That's frustrating, but pretty common.

My poor sonographer took a good 5 mins just to be able to count Ds's bones in his fingers bc DS was moving so much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had to go back for a repeat morph scan as DD refused to budge (despite cold drink, a walk & a few flights of stairs). They didn't get the best view next time either & just went with what they had. It was a bit upsetting as the tech the 2nd day barely spoke to me or explained anything.
    The midwives/dr checked DD's heartbeat every visit & they were not concerned about the morph scan. No issues arose & I had a healthy baby at 40+3 - DD is now a sassy 3yr old.

Maybe see if you can talk to your midwife/gp/ob about the scan & if they can check bubs for you, set you at ease?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls. Your messages are all really reassuring. I just hte the old "you will have to talk to your doctor" line. It immediately puts fear into you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If you're concerned maybe book a repeat scan? To set your mind at ease?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by kellijh View Post
    Thanks girls. Your messages are all really reassuring. I just hte the old "you will have to talk to your doctor" line. It immediately puts fear into you
    For my 20 week she told me DS had very mild renal dilation (Ds1 had it too and it was gone by birth so I'm not worried). So often they do mention if they see something amiss. Just sounds like they have missed some measurements. I know it's hard not to stress, I've been very anxious myself this time around. Agree with Izzy, maybe get another scan?