+ Reply to Thread
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Australia Post delay help?

I bought something off Gumtree and the seller posted it out to me on December 18th. It STILL hasn't arrived. It was a Christmas gift for DS coming from Queensland. I figured with the xmas/new year period there would be a delay but this is ridiculous. I've already paid the person and spoke to them again last week and was reassured it was definitely sent out on the the 18th and basically there's nothing they can do. They didn't get a tracking number,
    either. (it was a smallish parcel they said and they just didn't think to get one).

Shouldn't it have reached me by now? I paid this person direct into their bank account but fully trust it wasn't a scam etc. If anything I think it may have been delivered to the wrong address by mistake... or is such a long delay normal?

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't think that could be considered a normal delay at all.

Sounds like something has gone wrong. Not having a tracking number makes it so difficult.

The parcel could be in limbo if it's an issue like the sender didn't address it properly. Do you know if the sender put their return address on the parcel? One would hope at the very least that Australia Post returns it to the sender if they can't deliver it.

I hope it turns up

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (09-01-2015)

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Not that this will really help, but I bought something on Ebay on Dec 20, it was posted Dec 21 and it only arrived yesterday. I did have a tracking number though and it seemed my parcel was sitting at a sorting centre for well over a week and eventually got moved on.
    Hopefully this is the same with yours

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (09-01-2015)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hope it turns up for you. I sent Lego a couple of years ago and it was around the $50 mark by the time I sent it. I contacted Aust. Post after it didn't turn up at the other end. They had it down as delivered even though the people didn't receive it! I would suspect they left it just inside the people's gates which would have been a free-for-all for anyone walking past. Delivered no longer means that it was given to a person - several times I've come home to packages on my door step.

It could be delayed - my mother once sent something to me that took months to arrive. There really needs to be some competition for Aust. Post to pull their socks up and actually DO what they are charging people a lot of money for. They are accountable to no one - what other service gets away with not performing their job yet gets to keep the fee?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (09-01-2015)