+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm going against the grain....I don't like Clarks. They rub my kids ankles badly and it never gets better.
    I did air flex for a few years but have gone to Dunlop Volleys for the last 12 months and they've lasted until my kids grow out of them, fitted the best and provide adequate support. Plus I don't need to buy separate joggers. With three in school shoes now I can't afford to spend close to $600 on school shoes just after Christmas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD can wear joggers as her school shoes. She also has narrow feet and the Asics fit her the best. She's worn them every school day since April and lots of times on the weekend for walks, runs, bike rides etc. They're still going strong and she will outgrow them before she outwears them. I'd highly recommend them for a jogger, plus they do a velcro beyond size 12.

Since having plantar fasciitis myself I've gone nuts on ensuring my kids have properly fitted shoes with good arch support, even if it means scrimping somewhere else in the budget.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    We use runners here too and are big fans of asics. We get them fitted at athletes foot because ds1s ankles roll in and he needs proper arch support.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have just bought black clarkes mary janes with velcro for my daughter's first school shoes (she'll wear them 3 days a week) & Asics for her sports shoes (2 days a week)
    She also has narrow feet like me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will be shopping for shoes in the next week or so, so reading this thread. With 3 in school shoes, and also 2 needing runners also, cheaper is the order of the day. What options are there that are cheaper than the recommened brands?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Clarks are the best. You get what you pay for with school shoes. But I've found Grosby quite good for the price. I think I paid about $45 for a pair of mary jane's for DD and they have lasted more than a year.

Runners/joggers are the same. You get what you pay for. DS tends to get Nike as they suit his foot and DD gets asics.

I'm a penny pincher but when it comes to kids shoes, especially those they wear to school, I only buy good brands as they really are the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We buy Clarks. DS is very rough on his shoes- lots of sport played at lunch time and he's not very good at keeping the laces tied.

We tried another brand a few years back- I think it was Asics. We had trouble making them last 3 terms. I was virtually taping them up to get through, and then I had to go and buy another pair of school shoes before the end of the year anyway. I do like Asics for runners though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD was in prep last year. I looked through so many shops and online for school shoes and finally decided on a pair of nike free 5.0. They last the whole year and are still in great condition she'll be wearing them this year as well. Apart from being stained because he school is in red dirt country you couldn't tell they've been worn that much. So happy that I spend the $70 on them. We only use running shoes I don't see the point in a 5 year old in mary-janes as they are too hard to run in and running is what they do at break times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We dont have the choice of joggers except for sports day so have to have black leather for 4 days a week.

DD1 is very hard on her shoes and went through 3 pairs each year the last 2 years at school, they were a mixture of clarks, betts air flex, lynx and grosby

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    DD has to wear black school shoes 3 days a week, and sports shoes 2 days.

and the sports shoes must be predominately white. (so no asics )

she had lynx sandshoes last year and they only lasted about 3 months. She bought some clarks ones after that and they have been much better.