+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Oh I'm so sorry to read this. It's happened to my twice and it's horrible and scary when you're alone and sick and caring for a little one.

I ended up putting DS in his crib in the bathroom with toys and lying on the bathroom floor til it passed. Also, don't underestimate the power of ice cold water. I usually have it rook temperature but having cold water was magical for me. When you have to move move slowly. If your LO is crying it's ok, as long as he's safe.

I'd be calling out a doctor at this point if you can't keep water down. Hope you feel better soon x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Oh no you poor thing xx

Call the home doctor to come give you the shot.

I agree with pp: contain bub in a playpen or exersaucer in front of the TV while you crash on the lounge.

And don't think about cleaning the pants straight in a garbage bag and in the bin they can be replaced.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    How are you feeling now? I hope you were able to get some rest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks ladies. It's 9.45am here and DS and I slept from about 6-8am. Have been able to give him a little breakfast and I was able to get a glass of expired hydralyte down and a tablet of Imodium (probably also expired). Feeling exhausted and cr@p and emotional that I'm on my own and can't even contact DH right now just for a cry. About to try laying in front of the tv with a box of toys and some cbeebies on. Thank goodness he's not crawling yet!

VP: sorry, I immediately put the pants in the wash, long hot cycle with prewash and they're currently on they're second wash with towels and what not. I'd just bought them and usually don't even sleep in them (trendy trackies that look cute with ballet flats) but I was being lazy last night. They're probably shrunk now so will get tossed anyway. It was mostly 'water'.......

Now you know something else about me. I sh1t my pants and am happy to keep wearing them. I may need a name change after this!

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (09-01-2015),harvs  (08-01-2015),HeavenBlue  (08-01-2015),Little Miss Sunshine  (08-01-2015),LittleBug'sMum  (09-01-2015),Purple Lily  (08-01-2015),TeamCarts  (08-01-2015),VicPark  (08-01-2015),Wise Enough  (08-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh man, that's so sucky I hope you feel better soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It sounda like the worst of it might be over if you can keep fluids down. I can never keep anything down for the first few hours when sick, but once water starts to stay down I know I'm on the end. If you're like me it will take you up to a week to feel normal again, but the first 24 hours is the worst.
    The good news is that when my kids were bf they never got gastro from me. It's very possible that one vomit was it for your DS. My oldest never gets gastro bad, but when she was younger and would share it with me....blerggghhh.
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Thanks ladies. It's 9.45am here and DS and I slept from about 6-8am. Have been able to give him a little breakfast and I was able to get a glass of expired hydralyte down and a tablet of Imodium (probably also expired). Feeling exhausted and cr@p and emotional that I'm on my own and can't even contact DH right now just for a cry. About to try laying in front of the tv with a box of toys and some cbeebies on. Thank goodness he's not crawling yet!

VP: sorry, I immediately put the pants in the wash, long hot cycle with prewash and they're currently on they're second wash with towels and what not. I'd just bought them and usually don't even sleep in them (trendy trackies that look cute with ballet flats) but I was being lazy last night. They're probably shrunk now so will get tossed anyway. It was mostly 'water'.......

Now you know something else about me. I sh1t my pants and am happy to keep wearing them. I may need a name change after this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Ooh! Can we all have a go at coming up with your new user name? If you are an ACDC fan you could go with Thunderdacks!

Sorry xxx really hope today improves for you.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

amyd  (08-01-2015),HollyGolightly81  (09-01-2015),LittleBug'sMum  (09-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Ooh! Can we all have a go at coming up with your new user name? If you are an ACDC fan you could go with Thunderdacks!

I think Thunderdacks would defeat the purpose of changing my name, I was referring to a name change so nobody knew who the pants sh1tter is. @Degrassi did give me the name 'shartdart' once.....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (08-01-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post

VP this is your best post ever 👍

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (09-01-2015),LittleBug'sMum  (09-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sorry ladies, there are a few posts before harvs that I never saw, the must not have loaded. Thanks for your advice though.

It's 8pm now. The day has been up and down of feeling like poo and starting to feel semi-human.

My landlord (who lives below us and is the nicest man) went and grabbed some supplies for me. I spoke to a GP at my clinic over the phone and she pretty much said the same as the nhs number, drink water slowly and let it pass. Nobody is really sympathetic about my situation, doesn't want to give me anything to help me cope and care for DS easier and told me to stop breastfeeding since I'm dehydrated . I haven't, this is the same GP that said DS' coldsore a few weeks ago was just an infection.

Gp's here don't do home visits and won't give me the shot unless I'm at a&e. So I'm pretty much just on my own.

Several ladies on my local mom Facebook page offered to help, drop something off, take DS for a walk, their nannies etc but I'm too worried to have anyone over, the house is pretty germ invested right now and I'd hate them to get sick.

DS just woke, need to go.