+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Phenergen is anti nausea, any chance you have some of that around?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No phanergan or anything like that.

I think I may have hydralyte or rehydration salts somewhere but they would be a few years old, does that matter?

I just sh@t my pants while running for the toilet to throw up (while DS cried) then had a shower while he chatted and clapped in the doorway, now's he's chatting next to me thinking it's all great fun. I hope he doesn't get it.

I text DH and asked him to come home but think he had already boarded his flight in Singapore

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would get a dr out if possible. They can give injections to help symptoms so you can look after your LO. Gastro is the pits

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I just called the nhs number. She told me to just drink water slowly and wait for it to pass

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sorry about previous comment, obviously no modesty at 5am.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (08-01-2015),Little Miss Sunshine  (08-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hopefully it passes quickly, nothing worse than being sick and trying to look after your little one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no! I would try the nanny idea- maybe phone an agency and see if they can send someone out for the day, not sure if they would because you are sick- might be worried about catching it too, but you are going to need to rest.
    Or does your DS go to childcare? If so could you try and send him for an extra day. Although by the sounds of things you probably wouldn't be able to get out to drop him off.
    I think your only option might be a home visit dr, they can give you something to help stop the vomiting and diarrhoea- but usually prefer not to as it is best to run it's course.
    Check the expiry date on the rehydration salts, although I would probably still use them if they were out of date.
    Or phone a pharmacy and see if they will home deliver, you are probably able to buy phenergan over the counter or something else and some antidiarrhoeal medication like lomotil, talk to the pharmacist.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely get good drugs from a dr to control it. The chick on the phone doesn't have a baby to look after.

As a solo mum I keep Maxalon and plenty of other drugs in the house to self medicate when I'm on my own with the kids. As your dr for a Maxalon prescription even if you get through this. Try and stay hydrated. Worst comes to worst put DSs nappy in your undies and do a run to the chemist to buy phenergen, Imodium, and hydralite.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (08-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Contain your DS. I had gastro when my first was 6 months old. She spent her day in an exersaucer in front of the tv. Not ideal, but as I tend to pass out when I have gastro I knew she was safe. You'll get through it. It's going to be h3ll for 24 hrs but you will get through it. Ice chips stay down better than water. Just let the water drip down the back of your yhroat.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (08-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh I feel so sorry for you reading this Hang in there, do what you can to entertain your bub (TV, DVDs, iPad, whatever) and just lay on the lounge with a bucket nearby. Big hugs, you feel better soon xx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to My Beloved Ones For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (08-01-2015)