+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Yep it's about the poop to me. It's the middle of summer and the bins were just collected (am I reading it wrong?).
    No you read it right. Bins were collected at 6am that morning, at 8pm that night the bin was still out on the street.

Reading your post would you feel differently if it was only a day or two out from bin collection day? Therefore not in the bin for as long?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This is fascinating.

So if someone walked past and had a doggy poo bag and you were there and they said "would you mind if I chucked this in?" would it be a no?

Or if someone changed their hub at your house and they asked to dispose of the nappy bag what do people say?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (09-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If a bin was out the front ready tp be collected then I wouldnt care if someone found room in my bin for something light and that fits. If I went to wheel my bin in after work (so bin out all day) and there was a dog poo or baby nappy or anything gross in there I would be peeved.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    No you read it right. Bins were collected at 6am that morning, at 8pm that night the bin was still out on the street.

Reading your post would you feel differently if it was only a day or two out from bin collection day? Therefore not in the bin for as long?
    I wouldn't care if my bin was out and it was full(ready to be collected) but if it was just emptied Id be super annoyed someone put their dog crap in my bin!
    Ours is only collected fortnightly so I don't have room for others peoples crap lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I carry the little baggy and drop it back in my own bin. I think its a bit cheeky to drop your bag of poop in there but not a big deal.

With regards to my bin, the only time I get annoyed is when people fill up their own bin and then start using my bin as though its theirs, dropping whole rubbish bags in there. That's happened before and I thought it was rude.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (08-01-2015)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    I'm afraid for me it wouldn't have mattered if it was only in there for an hour.

Doggy poo is doggy poo. There is a number of reasons we don't have dogs and cleaning up and disposal of doggy poo is one of them. What if the bag breaks whilst it's being emptied and smears all over the bin. It happens with other things. I clean our bins out using a high pressure water hose and occasionally get splash back. We also freeze meat/fish remains until bin day because we don't want our bin to smell.

I'm afraid I am of the opinion that if you have a dog (or any pet) then it is your responsibility to clean up and dispose of its mess using your own facilities or facilities specifically for common use.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (08-01-2015),just her chameleon  (08-01-2015),Mama Mirabelle  (08-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    This is fascinating.

So if someone walked past and had a doggy poo bag and you were there and they said "would you mind if I chucked this in?" would it be a no?

Or if someone changed their hub at your house and they asked to dispose of the nappy bag what do people say?
    I wouldnt say no, if someone asked I would say yes because I have a toddler in nappies, so my bin already stinks lol. Likewise if a friend changed their bubs nappy at my place I wouldnt have an issue. But I dont assume everyone feels the same as I do, so I wouldnt ask, and I wouldnt put pooey nappies or dog bags in someone elses bin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy-Bee View Post
    I'm afraid for me it wouldn't have mattered if it was only in there for an hour.

Doggy poo is doggy poo. There is a number of reasons we don't have dogs and cleaning up and disposal of doggy poo is one of them. What if the bag breaks whilst it's being emptied and smears all over the bin. It happens with other things. I clean our bins out using a high pressure water hose and occasionally get splash back. We also freeze meat/fish remains until bin day because we don't want our bin to smell.

I'm afraid I am of the opinion that if you have a dog (or any pet) then it is your responsibility to clean up and dispose of its mess using your own facilities or facilities specifically for common use.
    Fair enough. But fwiw, the dog bags have never broken, and it would be unlikely to smear as it would dry out and go hard like I said previously. I'm not saying this to change your stance on doggy bags in your bin, just so you know it's not really a concern if someone does dispose of dog poo in your bin.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (08-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMuppet View Post
    I carry the little baggy and drop it back in my own bin. I think its a bit cheeky to drop your bag of poop in there but not a big deal.

With regards to my bin, the only time I get annoyed is when people fill up their own bin and then start using my bin as though its theirs, dropping whole rubbish bags in there. That's happened before and I thought it was rude.
    Yeah, if my bin is full and I have whole bags of rubbish I door knock and ask my neighbours if it's okay. I've never been told no yet, and I wait until bin night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    B or C- c being take it home