Thank you, my son won't take it. Maybe if the taste was nice...hmmm,
    I tried the kids smart brand though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    Thank you, my son won't take it. Maybe if the taste was nice...hmmm,
    I tried the kids smart brand though
    Not enough in the kids smart to make a difference. It has to be high strength. These are suppose to be vanilla flavour. You can put it in juice. I just give it to him on the spoon then he has his "lollies" which are the jube style multi vitamin and immune boost.

it doesn't need to be Blackmores any good quality high strength omega3. Apparently Nordic Naturals make a good one but I could only find it online.
    Last edited by WiseOldOwl; 27-01-2015 at 17:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @WiseOldOwl thanks will try them. We tried Effalex I think it was and its hideous, repeated on him badly, I tried a drop and it repeated so he must have suffered. I'm using the kids smart ones at the moment as they have a DHA and epa balance similar to Effalex which supposedly is important too - although I don't know as I haven't seen a bit of improvement. DS bounces off all the walls and cannot sit still and generally drives me bonkers!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    @WiseOldOwl thanks will try them. We tried Effalex I think it was and its hideous, repeated on him badly, I tried a drop and it repeated so he must have suffered. I'm using the kids smart ones at the moment as they have a DHA and epa balance similar to Effalex which supposedly is important too - although I don't know as I haven't seen a bit of improvement. DS bounces off all the walls and cannot sit still and generally drives me bonkers!!
    Efalex and EyeQ are both very overpriced and not really the strength required. With EyeQ you would need to give 6 capsules a day to hit the sweet spot of 500mg EPA. No kid would be up for that. From what I can see Efalex has even less. The one capsule I'm giving DS has 540mg EPA and 360mg DHA. As I said I'm mostly giving it for his speech delay but if his behaviour continues like this I'll continue giving it to him even if I don't see improvement with speech.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son can talk, say words, his starting to say 2-3 words together now, I thought I might give just for general health. His a big meat eater, fish eater also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    My son can talk, say words, his starting to say 2-3 words together now, I thought I might give just for general health. His a big meat eater, fish eater also.
    If you only want to give for general health then I guess you don't need the high strength but if there are other issues ie behaviour, ASD, speech/language delay, dyspraxia then high strength is the way to go

7. The Following User Says Thank You to WiseOldOwl For This Useful Post:

Nafsika  (28-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldOwl View Post
    Efalex and EyeQ are both very overpriced and not really the strength required. With EyeQ you would need to give 6 capsules a day to hit the sweet spot of 500mg EPA. No kid would be up for that. From what I can see Efalex has even less. The one capsule I'm giving DS has 540mg EPA and 360mg DHA. As I said I'm mostly giving it for his speech delay but if his behaviour continues like this I'll continue giving it to him even if I don't see improvement with speech.
    Thank you, I will definitely check it out. DS apparently is not on the spectrum but displays some traits - we all do I suppose. We haven't had him formally tested for autism but they didn't think a need, probably more lacking in executive function, smart but scattered. His attention span is great with things he likes, hideous for things he doesn't. He's always fidgeting and does not stop talking ever. Has been a bad sleeper since birth. I don't want to stifle him but would like to help him be a little less fidgety as he never seems like he can relax and just chill.