+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    thanks for updating loco. it is all one learning curve after the other. it is often the toddler that has the rough ride and the baby just fits right in. hugs, marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    We're getting there I think she just needs sleep on some days and some extra attention on some days. I've been praising all the good and not acknowledging the silly little things she wants noticed. I think I'm getting somewhere. Is it normal that the new baby is EASY and the toddler is the challenging one? I so thought it would be the other way around.

Anyway I think I'm getting the hang of it all and my patience is building slowly. What a learning experience I tell you.
    Good on you that's wonderful your getting some wins.

We had a bad day in town today. Thankfully ds1 has crashed in the car on the way home and should be nicer this evening.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    best advice from mismuppet and katiesmum. please make a point of reading these two again. I just want to add, you have to, above all else, be consistant. if something is wrong behaviour, it is wrong behaviour, and it is always wrong. if some actions have certain consequences, then those consequences are always followed through. one simple idea to try, for the really short fuse on your temper, just count to ten, even to five, even start counting to ten, at a yell. ONE! TWO! you will have the childs attention, and feel like a bit of a fool, but it might break the habit. and also remember, each child is different, and the dynamics in a family will change as life moves on. even bad days come to an end. hugs, marie.
    Oh Marie you've done it again. I started using your counting yell today and it worked. DS does not like it and stopped doing what he was doing (after being asked to stop 3 times) and ran over to me "No Mummy!!!" I said well if you don't like it do what I asked and I'll stop and he did!!! Yay. It's worked 3 times so far. Trying not to use it too much so he doesn't get used to it. It's going to be my last resort thing. You're a genius!!!!!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WiseOldOwl For This Useful Post:

Best Things  (14-01-2015),debsch  (15-01-2015),SuperGranny  (14-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmboys View Post
    Good on you that's wonderful your getting some wins.

We had a bad day in town today. Thankfully ds1 has crashed in the car on the way home and should be nicer this evening.
    But what time will he then sleep tonight Farmboys? If DD1 sleeps to late in the afternoon she won't sleep until 10. I try get her down by 12 or I don't bother oh the joys😜

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmboys View Post
    I am hoping that since he was up at 5 am this morning and we had a long day in town it won't drag out too long.
    Dh had basically worn him out and was probably the reason why he wasn't as good as he should have been.
    The car trip home was 1 1/2 hrs and he would have slept for about an hour. We had a nice dinner and an enjoyable bath time.
    Ds2 is down for the night and ds1 is in his bed. He isnt asleep but shouldn't be far off.

Ahhh just enjoying a hot cup of tea.i don't think I will be up too late tonight either.
    Ahhhh Farmboys nice cup of tea that's the best part. I actually got a tea break in today to doesn't it make everything go away for that few minutes hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Started DS on high strength omega3 10 days ago and have noticed a steady improvement in his behaviour. Today he was such a great kid, no meltdowns,no tantrums, actually listening!!! Started it to help his speech delay but if this is an added benefit then YAY

8. The Following User Says Thank You to WiseOldOwl For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (26-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldOwl View Post
    Started DS on high strength omega3 10 days ago and have noticed a steady improvement in his behaviour. Today he was such a great kid, no meltdowns,no tantrums, actually listening!!! Started it to help his speech delay but if this is an added benefit then YAY
    Was it in liquid form? Tablet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldOwl View Post
    Would love to know which one please?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow as in s fish oil capsule? Or chewable?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    Was it in liquid form? Tablet?
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    Would love to know which one please?
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    Wow as in s fish oil capsule? Or chewable?
    Blackmores omega triple. Research shows that high doses of EPA helps speech delay and also behaviour. I give him one capsule a day, squeezed onto a spoon. He takes it ok. You get 150 capsules in the jar so will last for ages but shop around I have seen it for around $50 a jar but got it at Chemist Warehouse for $28.