+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    The book I mentioned earlier (Children are People Too) talked about how there is no point disciplining a tired child...you have to deal with the tiredness. I can't remember all the details but it really did help me to understand my child's behaviour, and gave me great coping mechanisms for dealing with it.
    I'll order this tonight ✌️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Where and how can I buy this book? People are children to? It's not coming up? Can you order from any bookstore?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    Where and how can I buy this book? People are children to? It's not coming up? Can you order from any bookstore?
    Its by Louise Porter and is now unfortunately quite difficult to buy. Amazon have it - for about $180!! I think its out of print perhaps so all that's left are second hand copies at a premium.

The good news is that a lot of council libraries have it. I know that my local library has a few copies (usually heavily reserved). So I'd try hunting it down at the library as your best bet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no 😔 okay thank you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    http://www.louiseporter.com.au/shop/

It's now been re-named Parental Guidance Recommended and you can order it from this link if you can't get either of them at your library very easily. I have to say, I know that reading the blurb you might think 'what?' because it says parenting without rewards or punishments...but she does talk about discipline, she's not anti discipline at all.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (13-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know if it's just a coincidence or some divine intervention but I was reading this thread last night and when the book by Louise Porter was mentioned I thought I seen that name somewhere and I had received an email yesterday about her giving a talk at a local child care centre in Feb. Think I might book in.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WiseOldOwl For This Useful Post:

Full House  (13-01-2015),MissMuppet  (13-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    no advice.... just some sympathy... 3 is a tough age.
    1488311_10152446193254505_2078096571_n-e1393708696133.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldOwl View Post
    I don't know if it's just a coincidence or some divine intervention but I was reading this thread last night and when the book by Louise Porter was mentioned I thought I seen that name somewhere and I had received an email yesterday about her giving a talk at a local child care centre in Feb. Think I might book in.
    I would. I didn't get the 'threenager' at all. The terrible two's were so rough, but I read this book once my oldest turned three and nothing was improving and the house was so much calmer.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

Farmboys  (13-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ordered✌️

Thanks ❤️

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're getting there I think she just needs sleep on some days and some extra attention on some days. I've been praising all the good and not acknowledging the silly little things she wants noticed. I think I'm getting somewhere. Is it normal that the new baby is EASY and the toddler is the challenging one? I so thought it would be the other way around.

Anyway I think I'm getting the hang of it all and my patience is building slowly. What a learning experience I tell you.