+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 9 month old crying all day long.

Yep it's me again. So my 9 month old son started crawling (army style) over the Christmas break he is also sitting well although can't get to sitting on his own and lastly holding his own bottle YAY. So I though he would be so much happier now that he can move around but no no no all he wants to do is climb all over me and stand. If I'm standing he cries at my feet for me to pick him up and when I eventually do he wants to climb on me!!! It's extremely frustrating and I'm hoping someone will tell me it gets better quickly lol. He is has also become extremely fussy in his high chair and isn't eating solids as well as he was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds to me that he's just gone through a mental leap - where the child learns something new, usually combined with a growth spurt. My son had these, hes just started walking and it's hard to get him to eat and is wanting to explore and climb. With my son it usually lasts a week or 2. Google mental leap or, it could just be a phase he will grow out of best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My ds is 9 months next week and is going through a similar stage. I have noticed though that he goes off his food a bit when he is getting a tooth but once it cuts he starts eating fine again.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi ftmumma. do you have somewhere he can do the exercise without you included. im thinking like a play gym or even some cut off pieces of foam like they have at a gymbaroo, sort of thing. a pile of pillows or cushions on the floor. ?? im sure it is only a short phase, and he will continue to get more independent soon. also, I second the connection between new teeth and eating less. they seem to catch up with the food pretty quickly. marie