My almost 2.5 year old DD eats eats whole, raw mushrooms (butter cup variety) and I was really happy with this as she's your typical fussy toddler and I know that mushrooms are very nutritious. She was helping me chop some up one day to add to her scrambled eggs and she just started munching on them and has eaten them raw almost daily for months now. I just give them a rinse and away she goes. I know they used to be grown in manure years ago and back then they needed to be thoroughly washed and cooked before consumption.
Anyway, DH says that raw mushrooms are not safe to eat. Does anyone know?