+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Student midwife seeking women to follow in Brisbane! Support and educational purposes

Firstly congratulations!!

I'm currently studying a bachelor of midwifery at the Australian Catholic University, Banyo. I am participating in a program called "Continuity of Care" experience which is a part of my studies. Under supervision from your chosen care provider (midwife, obstetrician or GP) I am expected to engage with and provide support to women during pregnancy, labour and birth, and the postnatal period . The intention of this program is to enable students like myself to experience continuity with the individual woman across their journey. I am there for support and education purposes.

A few things to consider:
    • To be eligible the woman must be less than 35 weeks
    • I am expected to attend at least two antenatal appointments
    • As a requirement of my study, I need to attend the birth
    • I am expected to stay in contact with the mother briefly, 6 weeks postnatal
    This program is completely confidential and protected by Australian Catholic University.

Below is a link of information outlining the program:
    http://www.acu.edu.au/about_acu/facu...y_students_CCE

If there are any questions please ask me,
    I would greatly appreciate it
    Thankyou
    Jaedyn

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bumping this post for you Jaedyn!
    I have had lovely Student Midwives from ACU for my last 2 pregnancies and births at RBWH and I recommend anyone to do the same! It gives the students valuable insight into both how the hospital systems function, and the experiences from the mothers themselves. Give it a go ladies! You can have them as hands on or off as you like (ie they can take blood pressure, measure fundal heights, find heartbeats etc at appointments) and if you change your mind you can at any time.
    I am now a Student Midwife myself!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi

I'm currently 20 weeks and would be happy for you to contact me for your studies. I am however booked in for c section.