+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    Okay WTH. Every university student, hell every school student is expected to study nights and weekends. That life.

I sorry I don't understand what you mean by your suffer from heat. I can tell no one functions at their best in the height of summer.
    The impression I get (and I could very well be wrong) is that the OP is doing a tough course and with the pressures of home life it's hard to cope, which may be adding to an underlying anxiety condition. Things that other students would consider to be a normal part of studying (travelling to work, self study, dealing with the heat, having oversight and on the job assessment from trainers) OP considers to be unfair, requests an exemption and then claims bullying when one isn't given. If one can't cope without unreasonable accommodations being made then perhaps taking a break until the condition improves would be beneficial.

Now I could very well be wrong, it's hard to put the pieces together when you only have bits of information.

OP: I'm not trying to be nasty. It sounds like you are under a hell of a lot of stress and that's not good for anyone. I can't see the situation improving with what youve mentioned and that worries me. If the university won't change anything then the changes will need to occur on your end.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (11-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    OP: I just thought of another thing to consider.

If you make multiple claims of bullying and mistreatment against the co-ordinator/others, and these claims are continually deemed to be without merit (ie coordinator/supervisors are found to be doing their legitimate duties as a manager/supervisor) ... And you submit another claim of bullying that is deemed to be without merit... Then your actions *could* be considered malicious and constitute bullying against the co-ordinator/others. I have seen this happen during my working life: people unsuccessfully claim bullying when supervisors are doing their job and then be slapped with a bullying complaint themselves.

Once again I am not saying this to be nasty. Just don't want you to cause any further problems for yourself. Think long and hard before fighting this latest placement - don't jump to conclusions about your co-ordinators motives and if a lot of women on this thread are saying the expectations placed on you *may* be reasonable (considering we still don't know the specifics) then please take this on board and think long and hard before lodging a new complaint.

You have worked so hard thus far, it would be awesome to see you graduate this tough course.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    OP. I have been studying with 2 children that includes placement and pretty insane demands on my time and sanity. I studied pre kids and there is no doubt the former is much easier. But I think you really need to decide if you want to do this course. You are putting barriers up to every single suggestion you have been given, often by those that have been there and done that with placement courses.

You say there is no work. Why do the course then? I'm not saying to quit, I'm saying you really need to consider what you want here. Placements can be difficult, you are put out of your comfort zone, you have to travel. Based on what you have said, you could apply for an Approved Withdrawal with medical certs. I did so last semester from a placement subject due to HG and pg. I even managed to get my fees taken off. I think you either a) need to bite the bullet and do this and accept it will never be a perfect scenario or b) get a AW for your medical condition and reassess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    I think you just have to suck it up and do it. My university course is not family friendly but i am almost finished by using lateral thinking. Some of my placements are all through summer and 4-5hrs from the nearest town. I will be the first mum to complete the course and i will be only one of a few women in the country with my degree. I don't get special consideration because i am a woman and a mother. I would be more insulted if i did. Your family life is seperate to your professional life. If you cant seperate the 2, then maybe you need to consider an alternate profession.

Another thing is that on graduation you need the lecturers and course coordinator as references to secure employment.