+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0

    Default Single mum payment?

    So my husband decided its best to separate. Im a stay at home mum with an 18 months old baby, and Im wondering how much is it roughly do I get from centrelink as a single mum with 1 child? I want to know so I can make plan what to do best (renting place, find work, etc). Is it even worth it to find work (with the price of the current child care)?

    Im looking at around 300ish for the rent. Its pretty stressful as I did not see this coming

    Thanks so much for your time!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,245
    Thanks
    1,772
    Thanked
    2,017
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    $700ish/fn for PPS and you will get FTB and child support. For more accurate amounts it's best to use the centrelink estimators.
    I've been paying around $300 for years and it's doable. For childcare you may be eligible for JET although i think they may be making more unfavorable changes to this? Generally you do end up better off working though, as long as you are entitled to even $1 of PPS/fn you will be entitled to 100% ccr and 50% ccb if working or studying.
    Good luck with everything!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

    ThenThereWereThree  (07-01-2015)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    461
    Thanks
    866
    Thanked
    218
    Reviews
    0
    I got around 1150$ p/f with one child, maximum rent assistance, ftb etc

    Don't count on child support, it's a pittance

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ThenThereWereThree View Post
    I got around 1150$ p/f with one child, maximum rent assistance, ftb etc

    Don't count on child support, it's a pittance
    Thank you for the reply ! Yeah I won't be looking forward for the child support. It seems like the dad refused to pay.

    Anyway with the 1100, do you work or study? And how much is your rent ? I didn't know that you also get FTB along with the parenting payment single!

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    $700ish/fn for PPS and you will get FTB and child support. For more accurate amounts it's best to use the centrelink estimators.
    I've been paying around $300 for years and it's doable. For childcare you may be eligible for JET although i think they may be making more unfavorable changes to this? Generally you do end up better off working though, as long as you are entitled to even $1 of PPS/fn you will be entitled to 100% ccr and 50% ccb if working or studying.
    Good luck with everything!
    Thank you ! But what is JET? Am not really familiar with the terms sorry. Yeah I might try to study or find work.

    The estimator shows I only get 732 for fortnight for the parenting payment and did not say anything about getting FTB, and my rent assistance also show as 0.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,845
    Thanks
    1,822
    Thanked
    1,423
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Perhaps look into a nanny, rather than childcare? Or family daycare?

    JET- http://www.humanservices.gov.au/cust...fee-assistance

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    406
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked
    172
    Reviews
    0
    The rent assistance calculator has not been working well for a few weeks unfortunately. You may have to give them a call. 7pm usually works for me, not too long a wait time.

  9. #8
    bunkx's Avatar
    bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Hills WA
    Posts
    6,575
    Thanks
    565
    Thanked
    1,252
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kickedout View Post
    Thank you ! But what is JET? Am not really familiar with the terms sorry. Yeah I might try to study or find work.

    The estimator shows I only get 732 for fortnight for the parenting payment and did not say anything about getting FTB, and my rent assistance also show as 0.
    You need to select estimate for family tax benefit them include centrelink rate ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1420610402.212303.jpg

    This will give you payment rate for the things you will be entitled too but remember that things not included in estimator can effect payment rates

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    461
    Thanks
    866
    Thanked
    218
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kickedout View Post
    Thank you for the reply ! Yeah I won't be looking forward for the child support. It seems like the dad refused to pay.

    Anyway with the 1100, do you work or study? And how much is your rent ? I didn't know that you also get FTB along with the parenting payment single!

    I wasnt working or studying at the time, my rent was 200 p/w and I was entitled to 140 something rent assistance which is the max you can get,
    I have two kids now and I pay 300 a week rent and I get the same around of rent assistance (as its the maximum amount),
    the 1100 was total amount inc pps and FTB A and B


 

Similar Threads

  1. Single Parent Payment tax time
    By mummybynature in forum Family Finances
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-07-2014, 22:42
  2. Parenting payment single
    By Maxwell's Silver Hammer in forum Family Finances
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 29-06-2014, 09:46
  3. Single parents payment code
    By BbBbBh in forum Single Parents
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-05-2014, 14:01

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Babybee Prams
Save $50 in our pre-Christmas sale! All Comet's now only $500. Our bassinet & stroller set includes free shipping AUS wide, $75 free accessories, 18-months warranty & a 9 month free return policy. Check out our new designer range today!
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
L'il Aussie Prems Foundation
An Australian charity supporting families of premature babies & children. The charity assists families who are at high risk of giving birth prematurely, who have babies currently in hospital and families with toddlers who were born too soon.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!