+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    a new improved version of playgroup? I really enjoyed the time at playgroup. I even ran a few of them over the years. we didn't have any computer forums when I was a young mum. never even imagined the internet. even had to go home and use a landline phone to call anyone. oh how backward!!! marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Catzilla View Post
    lol. It stands for Mothers Of PreSchoolers (basically birth to five years).
    Can I ask where you found the play group?
    I'm trying to find one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    Can I ask where you found the play group?
    I'm trying to find one.
    This one is actually run at the church I attend, about 5 minutes walk from my place; every second Thursday morning during school terms from 9:30 am to 11:30 am. It's a small group at the moment - probably only about half a dozen of us at the moment with young kids; plus one older woman with grandkids who acts as sort of a mentor for us younger ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    a new improved version of playgroup? I really enjoyed the time at playgroup. I even ran a few of them over the years. we didn't have any computer forums when I was a young mum. never even imagined the internet. even had to go home and use a landline phone to call anyone. oh how backward!!! marie.
    Something like that. They have someone looking after the older "pre-schoolers" - so from about age 18 months to 2 they start going out the back to be looked after by a couple of people, while us mothers do our thing. Since my DD's still so young, she stays in with me though. We usually have an icebreaker question, then some sort of discussion on whatever the topic is for the week (and the overarching theme for the whole year for 2015 is "Being You, Bravely"), and some sort of craft project (today we decorated our own mugs which we got to take home with us). Usually, there are snacks provided (one of the women in the group with a young boy is a great baker), and we spend some time just talking about anything on our minds at the moment. I'm quite happy to pay the $5 per fornight for a supportive group like this one.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    sounds a bit more organised than playgroup of my era. birth to five was the age group, some sort of activity for the older ones, everyone brought their own food and drinks, and all the mums just stood around and chatted. we paid a few dollars each week per family, just to cover the use of the local hall or whatever. and the playgroup association had some insurance cover, which we all paid to register each child. it was just nice to be able to speak in more than one syllable with other mothers. marie.