+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi OP, in my experience (nanny), rubbing eyes, yawning, etc are very late tired signs. So she may be overtired by that point, and that is why she is resisting.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

soulmama  (06-01-2015),VicPark  (06-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ok for me that level of activity wouldn't work. We read books or sing lullabies whilst kids are in bed. Definitely no playing or wrestling and I've got a 2.5&4.5yo.

Hmmm. That's interesting to see you mention that it's a common viewpoint of sleep people. I do disagree but respect your viewpoint.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Ok for me that level of activity wouldn't work. We read books or sing lullabies whilst kids are in bed. Definitely no playing or wrestling and I've got a 2.5&4.5yo.

Hmmm. That's interesting to see you mention that it's a common viewpoint of sleep people. I do disagree but respect your viewpoint.

It's a fine line... You probably remember the thread where my toddler wouldn't sleep as his bedtime routine had become waaayyyyy to active!. Many ladies yourself included helped me out with that one.

As long as your not going straight from boob/bottle to bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post

As long as your not going straight from boob/bottle to bed.
    Cripes I miss feeding to sleep. Best way ever!!!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

DT75  (06-01-2015),peanutmonkey  (06-01-2015),VicPark  (06-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Default 6 month old hates sleep

Sorry pointless post so I deleted it
    Last edited by A-Squared; 06-01-2015 at 09:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    Hi OP, in my experience (nanny), rubbing eyes, yawning, etc are very late tired signs. So she may be overtired by that point, and that is why she is resisting.
    What are early signs? How long should they be awake for? You'd think I'd know this, this being my third but my first was a dream and my second is my step son lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Cripes I miss feeding to sleep. Best way ever!!!

Really? I do that at the moment and I hate it 😒 in fact just fed him to what I thought was asleep, but nope! Wide awake again, so I've put him down alert and happy.... Is that a method that's ever worked?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When my dd was younger, she often wouldn't go to sleep unless I stroked the bottoms of her feet.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nudge88 For This Useful Post:

soulmama  (06-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both of mine became shockers for fighting sleep at around 6 mths. Google "object permanence" and have a read. Essentially, at around 6 mths old babies go through a stage of cognitive development that allows them to miss you when you're gone. Before then they're basically "out of sight, out of mind". This can impact on sleep because they learn that you'll put them down once they're asleep, so they fight sleep because they don't want to miss you. That's why your bub sleeps beautifully when you lay down with her. I'll try to find a link.

Thanks
    Reviews
    "Most babies develop a new skill around 6 months (give or take a month) called object permanence. Prior to this for babies, out of sight LITERALLY meant out of mind. Now they can remember things, people, etc. exist even when they can’t see them. This is closely linked with stranger/separation anxiety which occurs because now your child actually remembers that you exist when you aren’t physically present. For the first time they are capable of missing you. Which is really sweet but often hard to enjoy. It also means that they are now capable of remembering that you were THERE when they fell asleep but are MISSING when they wake up.

Many of you will know EXACTLY when your child mastered this skill. It was the day your once decently-sleeping baby became a short-napper who wakes up all night long."

From the Troublesome Tots website. I guess that doesn't offer a solution, but it helps to know why bub is behaving this way. I haven't read all PPs so I don't know how you feel about sleep training, but the best way to deal with this situation is to put bub to sleep with the same conditions they will remain with for the night, eg co-sleeping or self-settling in their cot.