I have pork shoulder roast in my slow cooker at the moment. It smell pretty good
1 pork shoulder roast
2 onions quartered
2 apples quartered and cored
I carrot chopped
Bay leaves (optional)
I cup stock
1 can cider (I used pear because that's what was in the fridge)
Put onion, apple, carrot in bottom of slow cooker. Place pork roast on top, add liquid using just enough water to come roughly 1 cm up side of roast. Add a couple of bay leaves. Cook for 8 hours on low. Check occasionally to make sure it doesn't run dry. Add more water if needed. Serve with roast vegetables or on sandwiches with apple sauce.
I have beef strog in..
1kg beef i think it was blade
1 tin tomatos
A slow cooker packet of beef strog spices (im a cheater)
And 2 onions.
Cost about $25 (meat was expensive) but will make 6-8 meals.
Brown meat and onions then chuck it all in. Super easy. Cook on low for 8 hours. After its done im making self saucing pudding
I highly recommend every google slow cooker central if you havnt already, its my go to for recipes.
This is so nice I've made it twice over the last few weeks.
It freezes well too
Err, don't mind the prices. I'm pretty sure it's from a U.S website.
typing with one finger while feeding the baby here
Slow cook Rosemary, Garlic Beef Stew.
- ½ lb. (4 medium) carrots $0.55
- ½ sleeve celery $0.65
- 1 medium onion $0.36
- 2 lbs. red potatoes $1.00
- 2 Tbsp olive oil $0.32
- 4 cloves garlic, minced $0.32
- 1½ lbs. beef stew meat $9.06
- Salt and pepper $0.05
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour $0.04
- 2 cups beef broth $0.30
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard $0.24
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce $0.06
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce $0.10
- ½ Tbsp brown sugar $0.02
- ½ Tbsp dried rosemary $0.15
- ½ tsp thyme $0.05
- Dice the onion and slice the carrots and celery. Wash the potatoes well and cut them into one inch cubes. Place the onion, carrots, celery, and potatoes into a large slow cooker.
- Place the stew meat in a large bowl and season liberally with salt and pepper. Add the flour and toss the meat until it is coated. Set the floured meat aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Sauté the garlic in the hot oil for about one minute, or until soft and fragrant. Add the floured meat and all the flour from the bottom of the bowl to the skillet. Let the beef cook without stirring for a few minutes to allow it to brown on one side. Stir and repeat until most or all sides of the beef pieces are browned. Add the browned beef to the slow cooker and stir to combine with the vegetables.
- Return the skillet to the burner and turn the heat down to low. Add the beef broth, Dijon, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, rosemary, and thyme to the skillet. Stir to combine the ingredients and dissolve the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Once everything is dissolved off the bottom of the skillet, pour the sauce over the ingredients in the slow cooker. The sauce will not cover the contents of the slow cooker, but it's okay. More moisture will be released as it cooks.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for four hours. After four hours, remove the lid and stir the stew, breaking the beef into smaller pieces as you stir. Taste the stew and adjust the salt if needed. Serve hot as is, or over a bowl of rice or pasta.
Last edited by Phony; 08-05-2015 at 13:33.
I want to freeze some strog, should i not mix the sour cream through until after reheating or will it not matter? I dont want to to curdle..
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!