Closed Thread
Page 98 of 105 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha!! Love it @Billie2!! Just pee on the damn stick already! Lol!!! But only if you're ready to @tjuls 😉 I'd still hold out until tomorrow morning so that's 2 days before your blood test. I partly wanted to too because it meant that I got the flutters of waiting like any other non-IVF person would waiting and the news coming from hubby was the icing on the cake! I really do feel like I've won the lottery and I can't wait to share this feeling with all of the lovely ladies on here!

I had never done acu before but it was something that was highly recommended by my Aunty & cousins wife who had been through IVF successfully also. They used the same lady and got me to book in a session when I got down to Sydney. I had the appt on the 13th Jan at her clinic which was the 2nd day of stims and then was scheduled to have another one on Friday 22nd but that ended up being egg collection day so cancelled that appt. As soon as I found out when transfer was I called her and she was fantastic and fitted me in on the following Monday 25th right after the transfer at her home. She said that within 3hours after transfer was the absolute best time to do it so she & I were stoked that she was able to do this for me too, if anyone would like her number let me know as I found her fantastic being a newb to acu & IVF all in one hit. She operates out of a practice in Surry hills & from her home in Bondi. I had no idea how much beforehand what acu costs but I thought again $120 if at the clinic (claimable) & $90 cash (obviously non claimable) at home was again a drop in the ocean in comparison to what full price IVF is. I would absolutely recommend it if not just help feel relaxed but also to feel like you're doing a little something extra that could increase your chances. She told me that acu at the right time can increase your chances by 60%! To me, that was enough to feel like I was doing something to help our chances. Sorry, again... Another long winded post! 😘

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MissTilly For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (09-02-2016),LillyM  (09-02-2016),tjuls  (09-02-2016),VickyP  (09-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any experiences with Primary Ivf?

@tjuls ~ I had a bit of runny bum too!!! 💩 I just thought I had eaten something funny at the time but I've since read that that's an early sign too! I'm all for the TMI! Hehe! I think I had it on Friday night. And then tested Saturday. Your 8dp5dt would be equivalent to my 10dp3dt wouldn't it? I did the first one on 12dp3dt. Stay the eff away from my gurl @tjuls AF you wicked thing! And my 'twinges' could have been like what you're feeling with cramps!!! Very good signs I would say! Xx
    Last edited by MissTilly; 09-02-2016 at 09:47.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissTilly For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (09-02-2016),VickyP  (09-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If this cycle doesn't work.. I might need to get that Acupuncturist's number !!

Ooo.. @MissTilly.. U're giving me sooo much hope. Thank you hun! Yes I thought initially I ate something bad but then suspected af.. Re-read Danymatthew's posts and she had cramps before her BFP.. So I hope its a good sign..
    Ok I'm going to poas at 10dp5dt.. Which makes it Thursday!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (09-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls, I so understand how you feel. I don't think you are being negative - I would have been the same if I were you - too scared to poas in case it's bad news and trying not to get hopes too high. Don't be harsh on yourself, we are here for you to share however you feel and however much information (I also second tmi - it's great to learn and not feel alone)

The dreaded 2ww is horrible... but every wait for me between AFs have been horrible for me anyway, and at least I am doing something about it now, that's what I tell myself.

I think you have good signs, so don't overthink it hun! poas only when you are ready.

Will let you ladies know how acu went for me - I am going to the one in the city at Martin's Place because it is within walking distance. A little bit expensive but their fees are very transparent on the webpage. I'll probably not do it over the long term unless I can find one more affordable, so I will just try it for the next month up to ET and see.

Thanks for sharing @MissTilly. Enjoy the Cloud 9 feeling! (and always hungry feeling)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just sat at my desk and had a wave of emotion. I think this cycle is going well and I cant believe it because things don't usually go smoothly for us. I was so positive last round, but odds weren't crash hot. We are the family that the restaurant always forgets a meal, or the barrista doesnt put a sugar in my coffee and I notice halfway down the road, or I buy my son a new pair of jeans from Myer and get home and the security tag is still attached. You know what I mean. Its first world problems, but it always seems to be us. I know there are other families with this disease.

You girls make me want to stick pins in my belly at my desk! I loved acu. Just not the price. I now love yoga. Its a godsend for me. Bikram is the best workout, but a big no no in IVF I imagine. Way too much heat.
    @tjuls Its self preservation to expect the worst. Stay calm, what will be will be. Its out of your hands. And the worst that can happen is a negative. So what!!? You jump back up and go again, but FET only. You are a strong healthy woman, you will be fine. I always thought you'd be a shoe in. "She'll be right"..!👍🏻

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

Kookii  (09-02-2016),MissTilly  (09-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @VickyP I have been to the one in Picadilly centre in Pitt St. I will go at lunch & check their prices. I used to go to them alot. Im at Town Hall as well. Stay tuned..

Thanks
    Reviews
    No good. Their acu Dr has left so they dont do acu anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are so right @Billie2! We have done what we can and whatever it is, we can jump right back into action.

It seems the meds are working that you are getting waves of emotions!

It would be so cool if you can check the one in Pitt Street out! THANK YOU!

Edit: just saw your updates - thanks anyway for even trying to check!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for the support. You are absolutely right @Billie2 @VickyP. If it works out, it works out.. I still have 5 frozen babies waiting for us, so all is not lost.

Your fortune is about to be changed @Billie2- It will be the beginning of many- Your family's dish will be served first at the restaurant, you will have sugar in your coffee from a good-looking barista and Myer will give you a free pair of jeans for the inconvenience they've caused . I have hope that this cycle will be everything you have ever wanted for the past 8 years.. You've been so resilient ( as we all are).. its about bloody time we have your babies!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (09-02-2016),Kookii  (09-02-2016),MissTilly  (09-02-2016),VickyP  (09-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @VickyP thank you for checking that out for me!! I did a re calculation last night and it's only 7.5 kg I would have to lose rather than 12 so it's less daunting, I'll definitely ask about the thyroid issues:-) @Billie2 such great news :-D

16. The Following User Says Thank You to StephyG For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (09-02-2016)