Closed Thread
Page 93 of 105 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Billie2 we chose Melbourne as we have family there although they live 2.5 hours away from the Preston clinic. Your cycle seems so quick!!

@tjuls Thank you for the info!

@Maybeonedaybaby I didn't think it would take 3-4 weeks for the police / children check to come back! That will delay the process itself. Yes nice to see another Melbourne cycler:-)

We have been unfortunate with the age thing yes, an so far we've had to outlay $700 in pathology tests for DH. Insane! I'll definitely stick around on this thread hah I've been falling everyday for about 2 weeks:-) I would have to lose about 12 kg to get to a bmi of 34. And my thyroid conditin is hypothyroidism but I've been on medication for about 9 months now.so it's pretty under control.

Cheers ladies
    Last edited by StephyG; 08-02-2016 at 12:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome to this group @StephyG!

Sorry to hear about your situation, we all deal with difficulties here, so feel free to share. Hope your experience at Primary Melbourne will be an awesome and rewarding one.

I am sure the more experience ladies here can offer you more help than I can. Based on what i know:

1) As @Kookii mentioned, the BTs and scans are valid for 6 months i think, and pap smear 1 year. so you should be all good with those done leading up to your appt. Best to speak with the GP and FS about the thyroid situation, I am sure they will have to factor that in when it comes to selecting meds and doses.

2) I think the 21 days bit is mid cycle - I can't remember this, sorry, hopefully someone else can help.

3) I think you can find good answers above. From my CD1 (day when i had my first BT to start cycle), all in all it took 10 days to EPU. I couldn't do ET due to my ohss but I would have suspected it would have been today, so 2 weeks. So maybe 16-18 days would be a good idea.

4) I thought they had a BMI cut off (something like 35) but I am not too sure. Might have to ask Primary, and when I get home, I can check the handbook they gave me to see if it's in there.

5) Bloating - mine was bad because I came down with ohss. Could hardly move since Wed but it's gotten better today. I was walking around looking like I was 4 months pregnant. I think some people suffer it more than others, so it depends. Drinking plenty of Gatorade and just resting (lying down) helped me alot.

6) I too have mild pcos. I had so many follicles (over 40 both sides) and had 23 eggs removed, which resulted in ohss and quite a bit of pain after EPU. So that was crap. pcos needs to be managed, and I suggest you speak to the FS and nurse about it because it means they have to monitor closely and decide on a good dosage. I think they didn't pay too much attention to mine (because I am not officially pcos since I get AF every month right on time), so it resulted in me coming down with ohss, so if i had to go through another cycle i would have spoken with them more about this, including the type of trigger to be used. Just google ohss and you shold be be able to find some good information if pcos is your concern. The positive side is that you may end up having more eggs, so higher chances with ICSI, but as the ladies in this forum pointed out, it's more about quality than quantity and more isn't necessarily better.

Hope this information isn't scaring you though. Overall, I still wouldn't think twice about doing it again, especially with a bunch of supportive ladies on here guiding me along.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You ladies are all troopers! You've all been through so much, very strong women!

I can't Belive how quick some of your cycles go, it's great!

@VickyP that sucks about the pain after EPU but 23 eggs holy!

I am rather nervous for this all DH and I have been together for 11 years ( high school sweethearts) and want this pretty bad! As we all do of course! I am concerned about the dreaded bloat you all are getting it doesn't sound nice, and of course my weight I will have to buckle down and try lose as much as possible in 4 weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and we got all pathology tests done through cairns fertility clinic and our gp. And still yet to do some throughout this month

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @StephyG!! The other girls have nailed what I would have said on the head!
    I would allow a minimum of 3 weeks off for the actual IVF cycle while your in Melbourne.
    I had my first blood test on CD2 of my period which was Monday 11th, travelled to Sydney on the 10th, started stims on Tuesday 12th.
    Then had egg collection on Friday 22nd so only 10 days of stims (you'll have a stim free day after the trigger and between egg collection)
    And then I had the transfer 3 days after egg collection (some times they will leave it for 5 days or even until next cycle if you get OHSS) on Monday 25th
    Then came home after a couple days of rest on Thursday 28th. If you can some how draw that our on a calendar it will give you an idea of the time frame for me anyway ☺️ My advice is not to get too caught up in every detail of it all and just do as your told, they know what they're talking about but it is a bulk billing clinic so they start with the best treatment they think to begin with and then fine tune it if it doesn't go to plan. Definitely use the time away as a holiday for you and your partner too so every day your brain isn't consumed with the process itself. I found the process definitely not as hectic as what I was initially thinking due to support on here and the needles not being scary at all. Also, take comfort in the fact that you're not spending thousands of $$$ like so many people have had to through other clinics (which was a major stress relief for us) and that if you have to give it a few goes you've got plenty of time on your side being a spring chicken! I'm so sorry you're having to go through this at your age too but on the plus side, it's worked out well that you've been able to find these things out early so you don't go through another 6 years of anguish wondering why it's just not happening. You should be really proud of yourself & your partner for nipping it in the buff early. Our travel was a 7-8 hour drive each way for our initial appts & follow ups with gp & fs but it's all worth it ~ nothing ventured, nothing gained I say!

Still haven't heard about my BT results because it's going to take longer than normal to get to primary than what it was while I was in Sydney, silly country living! But the lady who took my blood said that primary should have the results by 4pm. I've left a msg with primary also to see how my other emby went because we still haven't got a letter in the post!! Took a digital test this morning with the first wee of the morning :: 2-3 weeks pregnant! And then took one of the 2 line ones too, the 1st line was so much darker again! Hoping for an awesome BETA number this afternoon so I can rest easy (well a littler easier anyway until we hit the 12 weeks!). Wish me luck ladies!

Yay for ET today @Kookii!!! You've got this in the bag for sure!!
    @tjuls, ahuh! It's gross!!!!!! Lol! I tried to warn you! Hahaha! So glad last night was my last one! Thanks for googling that @VickyP, did make me feel better for sure.

Will let you know my results as soon as I hear back! Happy Monday ladies! Xx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MissTilly For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (08-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you ladies told close family and friends? How did you tell your bosses if you work?

I have told one of my bosses as a work 2 jobs one has gone through ivf herself and ended up having a surrogacy. So she is quite understanding. However we haven't told our families as of yet but on our initial appointment to Melbourne we will kinda need an excuse to go there for one day lol as hubby's grandparents live next door and his.mother the house next to them! They are so nosey and the biggest gossips around. I haven't told my family apart from obe sister. My parents have 8 children all together and having children was obviously a breeze for them but they are quite judgy.

How did you all tell people!? Work and family?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope the abundance of information on here is useful @StephyG !!
    I've learnt so much about the process from these ladies and having someone go through the same thing is very comforting.

The FMU result sounds promising @MissTilly!! Probably asked you this before, but do you have any symptoms at all? I'm trying really hard to refrain from poas but I feel my will power is crumbling away as the week draws near to Fri .. I had a really painful stitch 2 nights ago after the midnight leak..it was shortlived but got me all worried.
    and yes.. you and someone (Billie2?) did warn me about the Crinone..

good luck with your 2nd GP apptment this week @onedaymaybebaby!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any experiences with Primary Ivf?

@StephyG, I'm a shocker! I told nearly every single one of my close friends because we're a pretty tight knit bunch and they all know how much I want a bub and have always asked 'what's the next step' and I'm terrible at lying so most were told as much as I knew as we were going! The concerned but well meant msgs have got rather overwhelming though lately, Family was easy because they too know we've been trying for years and that IVF was our best option and stayed with hubby's aunt who has been through it before so it wasn't a big deal for them either, like been there, done that, even got a souvenir (they now have a 5 year old boy thanks to IVF). Did the whole 'bun in the oven' trick on mum and dad last night because of our strong results with a disclosure at the end that it's still not 100% but had to tell them because mum was asking how I was going earlier in the day and asked if I'd POAS which I said no because I didn't want to tell her over the phone. My boss has been awesome! Even gave me a few extra days off without having to use annual leave! Very lucky to have lots of support but it does get tricky to negotiate who to tell what to and when.
    @tjuls, I've been rather lazy, not feeling like doing a whole lot, sleeping in late when I'm normally up and outta bed pretty early even on weekends but put that down to getting into a holiday frame of mind while in Sydney and then only the last 2 days have been getting hungry, like really hungry at weird times. This morning at 4am woke up starving! Oh and a slight metallic taste last night too. Weird!! So hope I'm not imagining this all!! I'd wait until Wednesday @tjuls if you're starting to cave 😜👍🏻 that pain could have still been implantation pain! My symptoms haven't been severe, just what I've noticed but could absolutely be overreacting to it.
    Last edited by MissTilly; 08-02-2016 at 14:22.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MissTilly For This Useful Post:

Kookii  (08-02-2016),tjuls  (08-02-2016),VickyP  (08-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any experiences with Primary Ivf?

What an afternoon! @MissTilly waiting by the phone for the best news of her life, and @Kookii 19mins away from welcoming her strong embryo into its new home for 9months!

And Im just a fat hen on the train home growing eggs.. Im hoping its plural...

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

Kookii  (08-02-2016),tjuls  (08-02-2016),VickyP  (08-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @MissTilly.
    That is sooo adorable the way u broke the news to ur parents.. They must be thrilled!!
    Thanks for sharing ur symptoms. I know alot of women have said they don't have any symptoms or just PMS which turned out to be BFP.. So I'm staying hopeful and curbing that urge to test early by telling hubby to hide all the hpt..