Closed Thread
Page 92 of 105 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Kookii best wishes... I hate the wait till transfer. Its terrifying. I hope its a smooth transfer. So good you got to go to day 5!

AFM - hate Centrotide. Hate is a strong word and I just used it. Im no chemist, I didn't get all the liquid in the syringe. Took me forever.

Just a quickie - what cycle day did your EPU occur on? Mine will be CD11 or CD14, depending on my scans.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @LillyM and @Billie2!

My last EPU was on cd12, previously cd10 (zero fertilisation). With IVFA both of them on CD14.

How did your scan go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    First scan is tomorrow. Im nervous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kookii thank you for your reply very helpful :-) hopefully someone will be able to answer the question about time frames as we really would like to minimise trips! the current flights are taking 5-6 hours due to stop off at Brisbane! Alot of wait time for a 30 minute consultation that's for sure but will be worth it!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any experiences with Primary Ivf?

@StephyG Can I ask why Melb over Syd?

To help with time frame of a cycle, my initial appt with Primary was 1 Oct 15. My cycle commenced 16 Nov 15. CD1 - Baseline BT
    CD2 - start injections daily.
    CD8 - Monitoring BT & scan
    2 days later another scan
    * You may need another scan/bt 2 days later
    CD 10-15 could be egg pick up. Depends how you respond.

From your first scan/Bt to egg pick up, is less than a week. So really you only need to be around for the 2nd week of your cycle. Then either 3-5day after egg pick up is transfer then you are home free.

My first monitoring scan is CD8 tomorrow, and I know that my egg pick up with be either friday or monday.
    @MissTilly recently did the travel and may have more advice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you yep you are right so much for blood test today woke up with gastro and my AF is very light for day 2 hoping I am well enough tomorrow to get the BT and hopefully AF will still be around !
    Quote Originally Posted by VickyP View Post
    @clucky14 - hang in there, it won't be long before you get started! I guess it's always good for them to check and work with the latest test results to make sure dosage and everything is right for you. The cycle will start before you know it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay @Kookii- how exciting!!!! Good luck with transfer today!!

I had my EPU on cd14 @Billie2 - you're not the only one who hates cetrotide. I hated it too.. not because it stung or anything, its just alot fussier and the needle is bigger than the puregon pen. I always get a sweaty palm everytime I use it.
    Hold on... not long to go now.. Good luck with ur BT and scan tomorrow.. those follicles are growing well.
    How are you doin @LillyM?

I didnt understand when pple say they find Crinone disgusting.. I thought it was alright- seepage is lotion-like.. really nothing to it.. WAS I WRONG!!
    Had a huge clump of crinone come out last night and .. no wasnt a clump.. it was a ball!!.. (sorry tmi).. yuk yuk
    @MissTilly- I'm waiting here on the edge of my seat waiting for your update.. I hope HCG is high

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (08-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @StephyG!!
    I'm sorry you have to go through IVF at such a young age. I hope age is on your side, and you strike it first go!
    Did you get all your Laverty pathology forms from Primary or through your GP? Its good to have all those bloods and scans done before you go down to Melb for the FS appment, including AMH and pap smear.
    Is your over-active thyroid currently being treated? I know FS would prob like you to control your thyroid hormones first before they start you on IVF-so you may have to add a cycle to the time frame. Unmedicated hyperactive thyroid can cause the baby to also be hyperactive so this would complicate the pregnancy and after the birth.
    I'm not sure about Primary's policy on BMI- however, they do ask for my weight and height at my initial consultant with the GP. If they do have one, like Kookii mentioned, they would recommend you lose the weight first to have a better ivf outcome. Small fact: The more fat cells you have, the higher your estrogen- estrogen is made from fat cells. So reducing your weight, would not only beneficial for the IVF stimulation, but also reduces your risk of ohss while stimming.

For me, the bloating wasnt that bad tbh- just a day or two of horrid pain when peeing, but you do through clenched teeth

Time wise- If have done all your prelim BT and scans before the actual stimming starts, you might just need a day for the GP and FS apptment. But for stimming, I'd say 3 weeks (max) from the time af arrives to transfer ( provided you dont ohss)
    Sorry for the long response. Good luck and hope you stick around to let us know =)

Quote Originally Posted by StephyG View Post
    Hey all, newbie here. I have found this thread so interesting I've read all 80 odd pages! Nice to see so many ladies at different stages coming together for support. Dh and u have our first ever appointment at primary in Melbourne on the 9th march. 4 weeks and 2 days to go!! We are both 23 years young and This is all new to us we recently found out dh has very low sperm count of under 1 million not great motility or morphology which is devastating considering our ages. Have been ttc for 2.5 years.We attended a fertility clinic in cairns ( We live in far north QLD) but found the cost to be out of our range. I have a few questions :-)
    1. This month I will be having pelvic ultrasound, day 2-3 and 21 bt. and hubby SA testing also for cystic fibrosis.and another test. I'm yet to have AHM done but will this month also. I have a thyroid problem so not sure if it will effect it in any way. But if I have all if these tests done before going to the appt in march will I have to get them redone? I have recently just had a pap smear to.
    2. My cycles are usually around 33 days so will 21 days be the right timing to measure whatever needs to be measured??
    3. We live in QLD so I'd like to know how long from initial first appointment ( We are having gp and fs in same day) will we need between flying back and forth? Is it maybe a month or so???
    4. bmi, I am overweight I know that I struggle to lose weight due to over-active thyroid and a love for food lol but recently got told my bmi was 38 is there a cut off like if heard??
    5. How bad is this bloat belly you all talk about?
    6. I have mild pcos does this make epu in follicles better or worse??

Sorry for the long post and questions!!! Thank you:-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kookii - ohhhh! exciting! All the best for ET!
    @LillyM - thanks for sharing. Yes, that's my concern too, that the costs will stack up after a while, but because I was feeling so sh*tty from the ohss over the weekend, I decided to try acu just to see if it will get me feeling better quicker, and my cycle to come back to normal. I'm very lucky to be working in town hall so it makes it all a little easier. If yoga works for you, go for it I say! Hope you are getting plenty of rest!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (08-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by StephyG View Post
    Hey all, newbie here. I have found this thread so interesting I've read all 80 odd pages! Nice to see so many ladies at different stages coming together for support. Dh and u have our first ever appointment at primary in Melbourne on the 9th march. 4 weeks and 2 days to go!! We are both 23 years young and This is all new to us we recently found out dh has very low sperm count of under 1 million not great motility or morphology which is devastating considering our ages. Have been ttc for 2.5 years.We attended a fertility clinic in cairns ( We live in far north QLD) but found the cost to be out of our range. I have a few questions :-)
    1. This month I will be having pelvic ultrasound, day 2-3 and 21 bt. and hubby SA testing also for cystic fibrosis.and another test. I'm yet to have AHM done but will this month also. I have a thyroid problem so not sure if it will effect it in any way. But if I have all if these tests done before going to the appt in march will I have to get them redone? I have recently just had a pap smear to.
    2. My cycles are usually around 33 days so will 21 days be the right timing to measure whatever needs to be measured??
    3. We live in QLD so I'd like to know how long from initial first appointment ( We are having gp and fs in same day) will we need between flying back and forth? Is it maybe a month or so???
    4. bmi, I am overweight I know that I struggle to lose weight due to over-active thyroid and a love for food lol but recently got told my bmi was 38 is there a cut off like if heard??
    5. How bad is this bloat belly you all talk about?
    6. I have mild pcos does this make epu in follicles better or worse??

Sorry for the long post and questions!!! Thank you:-)
    Hi stephyg,

We are starting the process in Melbourne, we are going for our second gp appt this week. You are lucky that you get GP and FS same day, I was told this was not possible!! Perhaps as you are travelling interstate they are being a bit more flexible?

In was told In Melbourne at my 1st GP appt that have at least 2 GP appts, possibly 3 depending on how your test results look, you then have to under go a counselling session and get police and child protection checks done - this is a legislative requirement in VIC. From there you will be referred to the FS, it may be possible for your have your nurses appt for drugs etc on the same day as your FS appt but just depends on what s/he thinks.

Our timeline: We had our 1st gp appt 15th Dec, did cd2-5 and cd 21 blood plus pelvic ultrasound in Jan, 2nd GP appt this week. If all goes well reception staff will go through paperwork for police and child protection checks (this usually takes about 3-4 weeks to come back), they will also organise our counselling session. Unfortunately we are going on holiday in February for 2 weeks so we are hoping to get referred to FS early March pending our checks coming back then if we are lucky my cycle will start mid- late March so fingers crossed we will be good to go! There is far more red tape here in VIC, I'd probably try Sydney if you can get in there?

I was told BMI must be under 34 to proceed with IVF, I think this is in their handbook they give you at first appt.

Let me know how you go! Good to have another Melbourne clinic goer in here 😊