Closed Thread
Page 91 of 105 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree with @Billie2..ur poas result looks strong. U may not even need the extra Crinone. IF u do, I'm sure u can get a script from ur GP for it.
    Enjoy beautiful quiet sunday hun. Good luck with BT tomorrow xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @tjuls, that's very true ~ hopefully my gp can give me a prescription if they say I do need more. Have had a great weekend, lots of Spotify chill music, did some sewing, tidying & dreaming of how our baby room will look one day ☺️ How was the Chinese New Year festivities! I'd love to see them one year! Hope you had a lovely weekend and this week flies by for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, just managed to check in to see how everyone's been.

@unicorn2016 - sorry to hear about the uncertainty. I hope bub sticks around and the blood tests will turn for a better. You are in my thoughts and I will be praying for you.

I read on the Crinone website that there is no study showing that it will prevent a m/c, I guess there are one too many factors at play, it's always a mystery.

@MissTilly - am thinking of you! Just 1 more sleep before the BT and i can't wait to hear updates from you, it would be so reassuring to hear it officially wouldn't it?

@clucky14 - are you picking up the magic blue bag tomorrow? woohoo!

@Billie2 - it's very generous of you to offer to do that.
    @tjuls - I am hoping this week to zip by so that your wait for BT won't feel too long.
    @Kookii - when is your ET? Have you had it?

afm - I am feeling much better today. the rest over the weekend really helped and the oohs is starting to ease up a little. it's been tiring and a strain really, not to mention I can't help worrying about my embies in the dish! oh, and thanks @tjuls for enabling me, i have booked myself in for acupuncture, 1st consultation this coming Tues. I hope it will be worth it, but I am going to try my hardest to make sure I get my health and body ready as soon as possible.

@LillyM - hope you don't mind me asking, have you considered trying it? I haven't until now though many people have recommended it to me (mainly because i know the costs will stack up), but i figured I will just give it a go until ET to see how it goes.
    Last edited by VickyP; 07-02-2016 at 20:02.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (07-02-2016),tjuls  (08-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No bag for me tomorrow but I wish ! Just initial blood test for me which is kind of a pain as I've done them before and know what our issue is as I have low Amh though guess it's a new clinic so has to get done again. Just glad to get the ball rolling ! Hoping I don't have to use criminal down the track seems like many people using it at primary ? Also recommended acupuncture I did it the first time and felt so relaxed afterwards ! Don't know if that helped get my first Bub or not but still felt great . You can always tell them not to put the needles in too much . [QUOTE=VickyP;8400028]Hi everyone, just managed to check in to see how everyone's been.

@unicorn2016 - sorry to hear about the uncertainty. I hope bub sticks around and the blood tests will turn for a better. You are in my thoughts and I will be praying for you.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky14 For This Useful Post:

VickyP  (07-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @clucky14 - hang in there, it won't be long before you get started! I guess it's always good for them to check and work with the latest test results to make sure dosage and everything is right for you. The cycle will start before you know it!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Newbie!

Hey all, newbie here. I have found this thread so interesting I've read all 80 odd pages! Nice to see so many ladies at different stages coming together for support. Dh and u have our first ever appointment at primary in Melbourne on the 9th march. 4 weeks and 2 days to go!! We are both 23 years young and This is all new to us we recently found out dh has very low sperm count of under 1 million not great motility or morphology which is devastating considering our ages. Have been ttc for 2.5 years.We attended a fertility clinic in cairns ( We live in far north QLD) but found the cost to be out of our range. I have a few questions :-)
    1. This month I will be having pelvic ultrasound, day 2-3 and 21 bt. and hubby SA testing also for cystic fibrosis.and another test. I'm yet to have AHM done but will this month also. I have a thyroid problem so not sure if it will effect it in any way. But if I have all if these tests done before going to the appt in march will I have to get them redone? I have recently just had a pap smear to.
    2. My cycles are usually around 33 days so will 21 days be the right timing to measure whatever needs to be measured??
    3. We live in QLD so I'd like to know how long from initial first appointment ( We are having gp and fs in same day) will we need between flying back and forth? Is it maybe a month or so???
    4. bmi, I am overweight I know that I struggle to lose weight due to over-active thyroid and a love for food lol but recently got told my bmi was 38 is there a cut off like if heard??
    5. How bad is this bloat belly you all talk about?
    6. I have mild pcos does this make epu in follicles better or worse??

Sorry for the long post and questions!!! Thank you:-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @VickyP, to answer your question re acupuncture: I've actually been doing it when TTC and when I started 1st IVF cycle also.

Cancelled my last appt since it was supposed to be after ET which never happened.

For now, I put a pause on it mainly for financial reasons: each appt costs me $90 and now that we have to start a full cycle again, I had to prioritize...
    Also btwn Primary appts and acupuncture appts in the city, was hard to organize from work perspective as I don't work nor leave in the city. (I'm from Manly)

All in all, yeah it might help (although I find that a Yoga class relaxes me just as much lol), but it can get pricey if you need to go every week or fortnight.

I might go again in the future but maybe I'll pick strategic moments ie before ER, and/or after ET etc.

Just my 2 cents, hope that helps

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LillyM For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (08-02-2016),VickyP  (08-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ET scheduled at 16:30 today! They messaged me Saturday morning to let me know that embies were on track and we had no need to transfer that day. Such a relief!

How you all doing, Warriors? 💪❤️

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kookii For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (08-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any experiences with Primary Ivf?

Quote Originally Posted by StephyG View Post
    Hey all, newbie here. I have found this thread so interesting I've read all 80 odd pages! Nice to see so many ladies at different stages coming together for support. Dh and u have our first ever appointment at primary in Melbourne on the 9th march. 4 weeks and 2 days to go!! We are both 23 years young and This is all new to us we recently found out dh has very low sperm count of under 1 million not great motility or morphology which is devastating considering our ages. Have been ttc for 2.5 years.We attended a fertility clinic in cairns ( We live in far north QLD) but found the cost to be out of our range. I have a few questions :-)
    1. This month I will be having pelvic ultrasound, day 2-3 and 21 bt. and hubby SA testing also for cystic fibrosis.and another test. I'm yet to have AHM done but will this month also. I have a thyroid problem so not sure if it will effect it in any way. But if I have all if these tests done before going to the appt in march will I have to get them redone? I have recently just had a pap smear to.
    2. My cycles are usually around 33 days so will 21 days be the right timing to measure whatever needs to be measured??
    3. We live in QLD so I'd like to know how long from initial first appointment ( We are having gp and fs in same day) will we need between flying back and forth? Is it maybe a month or so???
    4. bmi, I am overweight I know that I struggle to lose weight due to over-active thyroid and a love for food lol but recently got told my bmi was 38 is there a cut off like if heard??
    5. How bad is this bloat belly you all talk about?
    6. I have mild pcos does this make epu in follicles better or worse??

Sorry for the long post and questions!!! Thank you:-)
    Welcome! Sorry that you've got to go through IVF at such a young age.

We have severe male infertility as well (MFI= male factor infertility). Most likely you'll have to do ICSI, they choose and inject the best sperm in the eggs to increase the fertilisation rate.
    I know that thyroid problems can affect your fertility, so definitely something to discuss with your FS (are you hyper or hypo? I read that hypo can be treated with nutritional supplements: iodised salt, ocean fish and vit A, B, C and E and additional zinc and selenium).
    You won't have to do the tests again, results are viable for at least 4/6 months (most of them), Pap smear 1 year (specially at your age) unless dr finds something abnormal.
    In my case was: first appt with GP and FS, as we didn't need more tests just waited for AF, called the nurses on Day 1, had a blood test (BT) in Day 2 and started injections the same night.
    Regarding your weight, it's something to talk with your dr, they may start the treatment right away or may wait a few months until you lose some of it.
    Bloating depends on how low/high are the doses you are on. The higher, the more bloated you'll be, but also depends on how you react to the drugs. I get bloated even with a low dose, specially after EPU.

I'm pretty sure girls here can help you out with some of the things I didn't answer. I don't know how things work in Melbourne but I reckon may be similar as in Sydney.

IVF is mentally, emotionally and physically challenging. I really wish you the best and a beginner's luck!

Big hug! ❤️

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kookii For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (08-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome news @Kookii!!