Closed Thread
Page 90 of 105 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls yes I finished my gel in Wednesday the day of my 1st preg blood test.

I'm not 100% if they tested both or just HCG.

I was thinking exactly the same thing as you and wondered if my levels decreased due to no gel? And I can't get it out of my head.

Dh said that I have to trust the experts, that this is their job. I know his right but still thinking about that gel.

I think If I had spare gel, I would have used it until my af came or until they said it's a 100% no chance.

I did read when i googled about the gel that another clinic (USA) made the patients use it for 6-8 weeks.

So would be good to hear from the pregnant mummers and ones that have had bubs, how long you use it for

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1454756372.920220.jpg This is from my laverty referral. P4 is progesterone. Ask nurse what your prog was if that will help your mind at ease.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep just checked and my request form says that as well.
    I'm assuming that if ur prog level was normal at the 1st preg test and then lower on the 2nd, they would have quickly renewed ur prescription for prog... Right?
    I agree with @Billie2. Maybe ask for ur prog levels for both the BT and see what they are. If levels are still high for both, then u can ease ur mind that it's not the prog.
    I know of a friend who was on Crinone but miscarried when her Crinone prescription finished. Her nxt preg the doc kept her on til 13weeks (I think).

Stay hopeful hun. It's not a done deal yet and ur hcg could still potentially go up. I'm praying for u. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish my disgusted would just sit still but I know she won't if I take her !mught have to lock her in the pram and bring along portable DVD player to be able to get blood test the things we do. Decided yep will leave the BT to tomorrow to make sure don't want to have to do it again. Just anoying j have to do all the tests again when they got all the test results from Genea but they said as they are over 12 months old need to redo them. Ah well I guess it's not too many tests anyhow !just want to get started already I'm so impatient 😜
    Quote Originally Posted by Billie2 View Post
    Id wait if its only spotting. But I know that we have to work around our life. It can be hard. I took my son to a scan & had him sit right next to reception desk with headphones on watching his ipad. If the flow gets going, then Id say you will be sweet for tomorrow afternoon. Id hate for you to have to re-do a BT. I had to, as I forgot to fast, but it didnt delay our cycle as it was about my sugar levels.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any experiences with Primary Ivf?

@unicorn2016, I'm so sorry to read this ~ is there any chance of the hcg levels going back up or have the nurses said this cycle hasn't worked? I'm gutted for you already because the limbo you're in would be a nightmare! Huge hugs honey!

This has definitely given me a reality check I needed too because that's how I've been feeling too in the way of symptoms. Missed my FMU again this morning because I was busting when I woke up earlier and in a daze, this time it was 6am as my alarm went off to do my crinone. I now only have one crinone left to do @tjuls! Only just enough to take me up to tonight with BT in the morning. Have been googling the crap out of natural progesterone in foods, so far all I've found is vitamin c can help raise progesterone levels so maybe lots of oranges from here on in? 🍊When I called the nurses last week to ask a couple of questions about crinone I asked if this all works out to be a positive will I need more crinone because I'm now back home and not sure how I'd go about getting some (don't even know if our chemist would stock it!) and she said that with dr lukic patients sometimes she liked to keep them on it until 7 weeks where as dr George only up until their blood test, each dr has their own way of doing it. I said dr lukic is who all my results were being sent to buy it was dr George who did both of my procedures, now I've been holding back in saying this on here because I don't think the nurse should have said this but then she said 'don't worry, it's a good thing dr George was your dr' 😳 and I was like oh ok, totally confused because my dr is dr lukic and dr George only did the most important parts (the 2 procedures) and am now worried if my levels are all hunky dory and still a positive with the BT tomorrow that dr lukic will get my results and want me to continue on with the crinone and I may not be able to get it as quickly as I might need it! Or something might happen to and go the other way because they didnt prescribe me more crinone! But I need to snap out of that mindset too, this whole time I've been pretty positive and telling myself that it was just a little scientific intervention we needed and my body is capable of doing the rest. I wonder if the BT we did while cycling would show our progesterone levels before we introduced the gel? And maybe that's how they decide whether to continue it further past preg BT if needed.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MissTilly For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (07-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im happy to express post my leftover crinone to anyone that wants it.. I stopped mine 4 days before BT as my af came.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

MissTilly  (07-02-2016),tjuls  (07-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh @Billie2! Very tempting!! Thank you! But I think express post still wouldn't arrive here until Wednesday ~ silly rural mail system but thank you for the generous offer! Fingers crossed tomorrow's blood test results are a strong positive and that will put my mind at ease a little.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MissTilly My Dr is Dr George but Dr Lukic did my EPU & transfer. I was happy with Dr Lukic. But to be honest my transfer experience was horrible. It was rushed and I was not comfortable or confident at all. I don't think anyone on here had the same experience as I did with a cattle call of women lining up. I didn't walk out feeling very good about it. When you have a dozen women for transfer after a long day of EPU, I was very unsure about it. I like both Dr's, but feel they are overworked when it comes to procedures. Both have been good to me though.

Anyone with prog concerns, as I definately do (having had 2 mc's), tell the nurse. I will be doing so. And possibly asking for an extra box of crinone this cycle.
    @MissTilly don't stress. The 2 lines are there, and strong, and FMU or not, its all good. Being this far, it wont matter when you test. And we all show hcg differently. I never had a strong line with my son and look at him, now 8.

Have a good sunday xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree @Billie2 ~ they're both lovely Drs! And I know they've got our best interests at heart. I was just a little thrown when the nurse said that to me. Thank you for the reassurance ☺️ it's still feels pretty surreal that after this long, we're finally in with a pretty good chance!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope u dont need extra Crinone @MissTilly. I had thought about the cd21 prog that we did pre ivf and I think they use that as a reference to compare when we r on Crinone (?). I think even women with high cd21 prog still gets prescribed Crinone. I guess in case they have a LP defect or their prog drops off too early, so having Crinone will maintain it to sustain a preg.
    That is very weird re: Dr lukic has a different plan to Dr George..
    But I guess they have different experiences.

I've had all 3- Dr George for my apptments, Dr MacDonald for EpU and Dr lukic for transfer. Although I had the least contact with Dr MacDonald, I found her to be the best.. Just in terms of first impressions.
    I would have hate to be where u were @Billie2-lining up for transfer like that.. Though the room was full when I had mine.. Very impersonal isn't it.. In and out.. No time for small talk.