Closed Thread
Page 78 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Billie2 - bestest blue bag I have had for a while and I am so excited for you!

The Cetrotide was easy. The powder dissolves real quick (amazing to watch first time! ) There's a pretty good video on the Cetrotide website or Youtube - DH googled that up and we watched it before we did the injections. Just fix on larger needle (with yellow packaging), inject liquid inside syringe into vial and with the needle still inside swirl it around until the powder dissolves. Then sit the vial for a while and draw the mixed liquid back up into the syringe (this, for us, was the toughest bit because you need to angle the needle to draw up all the liquid, we didn't want to 'waste' any, but it's not too bad, after a first try, you kind of get the hang on it). Then remove big needle and swap it for the small one. Then tap and remove air bubbles and then jab! Overall, it wasn't too tough and video was a good help.

No @tjuls, I only had 2 scans. I was expecting a 3rd one tomorrow and then EPU on Friday so I was very surprised with the EPU scheduled for tomorrow instead. I had asked Aisha about the scans and she said most people average 3, so I think both me and @LillyM are on the "fast track".

I am a little surprised that your scan is next Tue @Billie2. That's quite a bit of jabbing before the monitoring kicks in. I had my first scan on CD5 (after 4 jabs), and then CD8 and EPU on CD10 so in actual fact, I only jabbed for 8 days. Oh well, I guess everyone's different, just got to trust the process!

@unicorn2016, thanks for the welcome! I hope you get a big fat surprise tomorrow too! We will be here cheering you on.

Anyone with tips on Crinone gel? @unicorn2016 - what time is a good / bad time for it?
    Last edited by VickyP; 02-02-2016 at 18:52.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (02-02-2016),LillyM  (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The gel had to be done12 hours apart . I did mine 0600 and 1800.
    I did read another fert clinic recommended to lay down for 30mins afterwards so I've been doing that or if I can't sitting down instead.

Depends on what your lifestyle is like I didn't want to go to the gym or do anything physical afterwards so next time I'll pick 930.
    I did my first one laying down, but then decided sitting on the toilet easier & can do it out & about if you need to.

Bit too much info but I got leakage (not sure if that's normal) throughout the day, so prob good to use some loo paper or pad as it stains your underwear

Let me know how you go would be interesting to hear how everyone went with the gel

4. The Following User Says Thank You to unicorn2016 For This Useful Post:

VickyP  (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh gosh, so many updates within 24hours!! Lol! I need to re-read them all too @unicorn2016 to work out where everyone's up to! That's a lovely blue bag you got there @Billie2!! Happy stimming lovely!
    @tjuls, I had 3 scans & BT too! @LillyM & @VickyP ~ sending lots of positive vibes for lots of quality eggs but remember, it's not a numbers game ~ it's the quality that counts! You girls will totally nail EPU - I agree with @Billie2, once you're in your scrubs it really starts sinking in what you're there for ~ baby making in the most fascinating way! You both sound like you're so ready for this! I had the lemon lime hydralite tabs too because I ended up not being able to stomach heaps of the coconut water ~ just wasn't sitting right after EPU.

I've been doing crinone at 6am & 6pm too but yes, doing it at this time definitely dissolves any motivation to get up and be super active afterwards. I've had some discharge too, even some salmon pink coloured bits of discharge which I called the nurse about who said this was completely normal, phew!!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MissTilly For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (02-02-2016),LillyM  (03-02-2016),VickyP  (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    welcome back @unicorn2016!! Missed you hun!
    Good luck with your preg test tomorrow. I hope you get a big surprise!!
    @VickyP is right about dissolving the cetrotide. I also youtubed the instructions video but one thing I did differently (depending on the video you watch) is I gently spun the vial around while slowly injecting the water into the vial; and instead of holding the vial upside down ( syringe upright) to pull the solution back into the syringe, I did it upright ( syringe upside down). I found that I get all of the solution into the syringe, otherwise there's leftovers around the neck of the bottle, where the stopper is.

I do my Crinone at 6:30am and 6:30pm. I lie in bed for 30 mins minimum to get the cream to stay in. I had a day when i only left it in for 10 mins and found there's more seepage.
    I'm getting those salmon coloured clumps too @MissTilly!! Im guessing the pink is from the EPU.
    I drank as much coconut water as I could but found I had to alternate between that and normal water- Coconut water was giving me too many extra calories I didnt need..

Good luck tomorrow with your EPU @LillyM and @VickyP!!!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (03-02-2016),MissTilly  (02-02-2016),VickyP  (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol! I'm glad you're getting salmon pink clumps too @tjuls!! 😂 I had no idea until I finally got the courage and call the nurse on the weekend! Hehe! We ARE normal!! Woo!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissTilly For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (02-02-2016),VickyP  (03-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    3 frozen embryos is very good @unicorn2016. They must be day 5 embryos which means they're strong enough for the freeze.
    I cant wait to get the letter in mail about my babies @MissTilly have you got urs yet?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

VickyP  (03-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Noooo @tjuls... Having been checking the box daily but I don't expect it until late this week or early next week because our mail is soooo slow out here! Fingers crossed my other emby made it!! Hope you have lots frozen too!!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissTilly For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (02-02-2016),VickyP  (03-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @VickyP shut the front door! Am I baking a cake or a baby!? Orgalutran was a baby mini needle. 2 seconds flat. Junkie special. Now I have this big sword and I have to mix ingredients!? I start on sunday. I will take me till sunday to re-read your instructions 42,394 times.

I had 2 scans/BT's last cycle. I think I had EPU on CD12. This round is way more drugs and days. But considering my effort last match, I think they are spot on for me. If I grow feathers and start pecking my dinner I know things are going well.

I am with @unicorn2016 🦄 I did 6 & 18.00 for crinone. I never leaked. But when af hit, i had to do the shower clean out up there. Chunks. It was gross. As gross as me sharing it with you right now. My lordy it made my boozies sore. I did the bath mat yoga insertion of mine. Its like the old school tampax that used to come with applicators when you first got your period at highschool.

I think Ive said enough tonight!!😂

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (03-02-2016),tjuls  (02-02-2016),VickyP  (03-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It does seem like that doesnt it @Billie2? You had it good with Orgalutran.
    Just remember to reconstitute with the Giant needle and inject with the smaller needle. When Janine went through the injections, she demonstrated with the big yellow needle and that was when I wanted to bolt outta there!

I'm not getting any sore boobs or anything!! which is normal for me after ovulation.. so if they dont get sore around BT time, I'll know for sure it hasnt worked.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

VickyP  (03-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls nooooo my ivf cycle did not mimick my normal cycle signs. Dont read anything. IVF is mental with all those drugs. Remember what @Danymatthew said, she got a negative 4 days out of BT and was worst day of her life. Good guys do win sometimes. Im moving into an igloo next 2WW. Its hard.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

VickyP  (03-02-2016)