Closed Thread
Page 77 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LillyM View Post
    Was actually wondering about the added value of coconut water and Gatorade? What exactly is it for? And when is the best moment to have them?

Also I have those Hydralyte electrolyte powder tabs, the ones u take for gastro for example... was wondering if those wd be able to help too?

Looking forward to interesting inputs from experienced ladies...
    After EPU, you will probably get bloated due to the GA, so they tell you to drink heaps of water. The more you drink the better you will feel and the quicker the recovery. Water is good but drinking too much water causes electrolyte imbalance, thats y they suggest drinking coconut water or gatorade to replenish your electrolytes.
    I dreaded urinating the day of EPU and the day after- it was painful to pee but you have no choice but to pee to get better =) Catch 22!

Gastro tabs will do the job as well @LillyM

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (02-02-2016),VickyP  (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are here for you @Billie2- we will be ur buddies
    Hot pack was da bomb!! @VickyP.. it helps sooo much with the bloating and the pain.

I'm like @Billie2- I loved the GA. First time under and when I woke up, I felt like I had a 6 hr nap! It felt soo good! But having said that, a lady next to me in the recovery room was vomiting from the effects of the GA, so yes it affects everyone differently. I say, take it as it comes, and relax knowing you are in good hands. I had Dr Janelle McDonald and she is my fav so far. Very approachable but straight forward.

Afm- had a little stitch in lower abdomen last night- started around 8pm and still have it right now- lingering.. I've had this before in my BFN cycles, so I'm not obssessing over it too much. Other than that, I'm feeling good.
    Wonder where @Kookii is?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (02-02-2016),VickyP  (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all for the explanations and advises!

Just came back from the shops and got Powerade zero (the blue one), coconut water, heating pad and I'll use the gastro tabs too as I like the lemony flavour.

Also I read that anesthesia might cause constipation so got just in case Metamucil and stool softener (sexy, I know ey!) but really not willing to deal with it...

I am forgetting anything?

I'm all geared up, I'm actually looking fwd the surgery, not a single apprehension about it... Bring it up!!!
    @Billie2 can I apply to be your cycle buddy too?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LillyM For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (02-02-2016),VickyP  (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow @LillyM, you are totally geared up! I'm having a mad day at work so will only be able to run to the shops later but thanks for the tips on constipation! LOL. Will stock up on fruits. I hear you about the waits! That's why I am still working (haven't quit) because I figured some distraction is good to make time go by quickly.

Don't worry @tjuls! The last time I was pregnant, I had lower abdominal twinges too. It was the uterus expanding and felt more painful than my usual PMS. Embbie - burrow deep and don't stress mummy out!

Afm - I had done GA twice before (for my open myomectomy and D&C) so I think I'll be fine. Hoping to be able to rest it off. DH is usually the trooper so I am lucky! Just wanna feel prepared and relaxed tonight!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1454388140.155198.jpgNew handbag.. Just got it. Matches my eyes.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (02-02-2016),VickyP  (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone know if Primary do EPU on a Saturday? My first scan is next Tuesday, and Im assuming the Thursday 2 days later. So that will push me to a Monday EPU at CD15? I need to shut up. I just have to plan care for our son and have a mum from school on standby to help out. I feel relaxed in the fact that I know what to expect. Am positive this will be better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm lovin' your new handbag @Billie2!

I think they only do EPU on Mon, Wed and Fri.. thats what the nurse at EPU told me. So thinking out loud--- quite possible that u will have ur 1st scan on tues, then thurs, maybe another on sat (?) and then trigger on sat night for EPU on monday.
    Was I the only one with 3 BT and Scans so far? Or @VickyP you had 3 as well?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any experiences with Primary Ivf?

@tjuls Im on your protocol except 250 Puregon and I will need your advice on the Centrotide. Orgalutran was a little syringe pre-made. Simple jab & move on. I cant believe I have to mix the powder & fluid for Centrotide. I may well end up with 3 monitoring appts as well with how my cycle falls on the days. I dont care, whatever they want, I will do as Im told. As long as I get in for a pedi before my EPU! Priorities..!

Another girl on the IVF Feb thread had 19 eggs collected and 1 fertilise. I feel for her so much. Its such a lottery. Every stage is such an achievement. Best wishes for EPU tomorrow.. !

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (02-02-2016),VickyP  (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well holey moley I go away with work for a while and have come back to pages and pages to read haha.

Welcome to the newbies 🤗

Can't believe how far everyone has come, it's so good almost everyone's waiting is almost over.

I can't really keep up with everyone's status at the moment will have to re-read posts.

I just read my mail and got a letter from primary with the status of my eggs. which is really nice to see in writing I have 3 frozen. another guy must have made the grade which I'm happy with.

Preg test tomorrow. Don't want to sound negative, but feeling very pre menstrual and the same as my usual months. Did a preg test yesterday was negative too. Kind of felt like I needed to deal with things before I was told no go over the phone I've dealt with it and ready for next month.

On a positive note I can stop using the crinone gel wahooo prob my worst thing so far. Prefer the needles. Think I just picked bad times for the gel which had been a little inconvenient - will better plan next month.

Keep powering along everyone your all doing great, keep your updates coming xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @unicorn2016 We have missed you! I still hope you get a big fat surprise. I didnt even make it to BT day for my first IVF cycle, my af arrived 4 days before I got to BT. Best of luck tomorrow. No matter the outcome, ready & waiting.