Closed Thread
Page 75 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks @tjuls question what does cd 2 mean ? Sorry it's probably so obvious I'm thinking period day 2??
    Quote Originally Posted by tjuls View Post
    Yippeee @LillyM.. Congratulations on ur last injection! It's such a relief once the trigger needle is drawn and u pack everything up.. Haha.. I'll wait for VickyP to do hers and then do a happy dance for u both
    Sorry to hear ur 2yr old made the first apptment a little harder but kids are kids.. They get easily bored and sometimes I think they have this instinct when the 2nd one is coming.. It's like: ' i need to sabotage this meeting so I can remain the only child for a little longer!!
    Sounds like the plan is coming together really well with all the tests.
    At Primary blood test on cd2 and then injections on cd3.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on trigger ! Haha same here i a m looking here every day now !
    Quote Originally Posted by LillyM View Post
    Yayyy!!

Trigger done - took me 20sec (the 10s holding included), so easy! The easiest indeed

Thanks for the good advises and lovely support!

I'm getting addicted to this group, can't be good....

I'm needles free! Just had my happy dance!
    @VickyP: you're next! Go girl!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky14 For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by clucky14 View Post
    Thanks @tjuls question what does cd 2 mean ? Sorry it's probably so obvious I'm thinking period day 2??
    Yup @clucky14. CD 2 is the second day of ur period

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @LillyM and @tjuls for the never-ending support.

Way to go @LillyM - you are good with the jabs, I am hopeless with them.

I am afraid of needles too @clucky14! DH does all my jabs for me. He seems to like playing doc so I am happy for him to help. I can't look at needles going in, feel so chicken. So tonight will have to get him out of bed to do the trigger jab.

I just had my Cetrotide. Gotta wait till 1am for the trigger. Setting an alarm for it!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (01-02-2016),LillyM  (02-02-2016),tjuls  (01-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm glad it's not just me afraid of needles ! I really have a fear of them but last time after the first couple DH was really good at them and we started using ice on skin before he did it and some times I didn't even realise he had done it already ! 1 am sucks 10pm would have been ok least you could go to bed but guess these things have to be done and hopefully it's just the one time
    Quote Originally Posted by VickyP View Post
    Thanks @LillyM and @tjuls for the never-ending support.

Way to go @LillyM - you are good with the jabs, I am hopeless with them.

I am afraid of needles too @clucky14! DH does all my jabs for me. He seems to like playing doc so I am happy for him to help. I can't look at needles going in, feel so chicken. So tonight will have to get him out of bed to do the trigger jab.

I just had my Cetrotide. Gotta wait till 1am for the trigger. Setting an alarm for it!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky14 For This Useful Post:

VickyP  (01-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yippeee @LillyM.. Congratulations on ur last injection! It's such a relief once the trigger needle is drawn and u pack everything up.. Haha.. I'll wait for VickyP to do hers and then do a happy dance for u both
    Sorry to hear ur 2yr old made the first apptment a little harder but kids are kids.. They get easily bored and sometimes I think they have this instinct when the 2nd one is coming.. It's like: ' i need to sabotage this meeting so I can remain the only child for a little longer!!
    Sounds like the plan is coming together really well with all the tests.
    At Primary blood test on cd2 and then injections on cd3.
    @tjuls not always the case. Depends on your protocol and what day your cycle falls on. Chemist isn't open Sundays, so that effects your blue cooler bag pick up. Thats what I have just been advised for 2nd round (which is irrelevant now). I started my injection for Elonva in CD2 first round. I had a BT on CD1. All depends on your drugs and what day your CD1 falls on. @clucky14 you have to ask the nurse. I was ICSI, but not all of us are. You will get instructions when you get referrals.

AFM - Our son is doing his Holy Communion this year, so we are on bribe cards to attend Mass every week (got to love Catholic school), and I have been praying my heart out for icey poles. I just want at least 2 icey poles for safe keeping this cycle so Its not so final that we wont be doing a stim cycle again. Its a big stress when you respond poorly. Its like a pub with no beer. Its just sad. I have to treat my next cycle like a grand final. Game face 😠

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (01-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for clearing that up @Billie2. I started mine on cd3, so I assumed that it was the case with everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    @clucky14 - CD means cycle day I think. Instructions were blood test on Day 1 (with full bleeding it spotting), and then ring the nurse up to tell them BT done so they can look out for results. And then by the next day, they send you a message or call you to go and collect medication, and start the injections on the same day.

I remember my experience being like this:
    1) leading up to seeing FS, GP ordered blood tests for us both (mid cycle? Can't remember, only remember giving a lot of blood for a whole bunch of tests)
    2) sperm analysis for DH
    3) another blood test on Day 3-5 of cycle

saw the GP 3 times (Dr Linda Lenehan, who was most grumpy each time. aha) before we got referral to see FS.

Saw FS (Dr George who was nice and soft spoken but had an accent that at was a bit difficult to understand) and she recommended IVF and ordered a Pap smear (I think because Dr Lenehan forgot).

Then appt with nurse - we saw Tracey who was a gem, so nice and friendly. Taught us how to do the injections and explained the whole process.

And then wait for AF to come and do BT like I mentioned above. The only cautionary note Tracey mentioned was not to do this blood test on Sat, because if you did it on Sat, there won't be anyone to catch results on Sunday, and by Monday, the readings are off. She said if AF came on Sat, go do the test on Sunday and then ring them Mon morning and tell them. So I was really praying that my AF won't come on Sat, and thankfully I started spotting on Sat and AF came on Sun. I went to a Laverty in Campsie (nearest my place that's opened on Sunday's) and it was a freaking long wait for a simple blood test (like 1.5 hours!) because the guy was on his own and quite slow.

Other than that, things were easy.

I have to to say that when you need to check on something with the nurses, they are very quick to respond. I called the reception, they took a message and both times, the nurses called me back with 2 hours. Thumbs up for that.

I had nausea from Puregon (advice 1 - monitor and see whether it goes away, advice 2 today - get some medicine from chemist that's safe for pregnant ladies for nausea, which I didn't have to do since no more Puregon from today).

i also had red marks around the area where I got Cetrotide jabbed. Looks like some allergic reaction and about the size of 2 X 20 cents coins. Nurse Karina said it was normal and not uncommon. So nothing to do there.

Just thought I might pen this done for reference sake, in case someone has the same experience and wonders.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (01-02-2016),LillyM  (02-02-2016),tjuls  (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for clearing that up @Billie2. I started mine on cd3, so I assumed that it was the case with everyone
    @tjuls Im actually finding it interesting that no one on here has been on Elonva since @Danymatthew and I. Dany got a way better response in eggs (14) but she had 4 mature (I think) and I got 2. I hope they stop using it! I guess things change as they progress. All clinics want a high success rate.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Billie2, ahaha! I'd love to see your game face! Did you watch MKR tonight? Don't worry, I am quite sure this time, it'd work for you! Plenty of eggy and baby dust for you! We are cheering you on!