Closed Thread
Page 70 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Kookii - I hear you. I actually dread seeing all those feeds pop up on Facebook about friends and their pregnancies and kids. It's such an emotional hit to see how easy it seemed for others to have kids while we struggle like crazy.
    @tjuls - thanks! for me, it's just making sure we give this our best shot and see how things go from here. At least we have some closure at the minimum if things don't work out so I am trying to stay positive and not stress myself out over results.
    @Billie2 - thanks for the tip, I don't drive but that's still good to know!

TGIF!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (29-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update - just got a text message. No reduction in Puregon dosage (!) which is a surprise given the high follicle count this morning. Need to start on Cetrotide tonight at 250 units. NOT looking forward to having 2 injections especially since I am still feeling a little queasy.

Next BT and scan scheduled for Monday morning - mid morning, which means now I need a creative excuse to get out of the office.

On the brighter side - weekend's here in less than 3 hours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm that is surprising @VickyP. Maybe your estradiol levels isnt as high despite the number of follicles. Starting the 2nd shot is soo daunting but you can do it!!! A few more days !!!
    Afm- - transfer is booked in for 12:30pm on Monday!! Woot woot!!
    Looks like I'm going to have to call in sick.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

MissTilly  (29-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls - I am so excited for you! I can't wait to get to that stage and I am sure your little embbies are growing well right now all ready for their natural home. Keep us updated and enjoy the weekend!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

MissTilly  (29-01-2016),tjuls  (29-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's fantastic news @VickyP with such great follie numbers! You're totally acing this but I was hoping they would have reduced the puregon for you too if that's what is bringing on the nausea, but on the plus side keeping it at 250 will almost guarantee lots of mature eggs! It will make the scans more uncomfortable from here on in though... But remember! Lots of eggs!! Xx

You've done amazingly @Kookii to have not told your boss until now! You should be very proud of yourself and hopefully she understands ~ it was probably just an initial shock if she didn't know you were planning on expanding your family but hopefully she gives you her full support. I'm terrible at playing my cards close to my chest, I told my boss too way back in January last year that we were going to try for a family and it may involve IVF which meant bulk time away from work and he was super understanding, one less person to try and be creative with as to why I needed 3 weeks off! Lol! I've told a few friends, my immediate family knows and basically all of hubby's family know because quite a few of them have too been through IVF so it was great being able to talk to them and know they fully understood the process.

Yaaayyyy @tjuls!!!! I'm super excited for you! Bring on Monday!!!! Get one of those embies back into that oven of yours to start baking!!

Afm ~ definitely only had that one emotional day on Aus day when I was feeling torn as to what to do. Have had a great day just unpacking and stocking up the house again with groceries. It's my besty's 30th tomorrow so I'll be trying to be sneaky in what I appear to be drinking otherwise the whole party will cotton on because they all know I do enjoy a glass of wine or two 🙊 Have had some twinges around what I'm hoping is the uterus area, boobs very tender like how they feel just before AF comes just a bit more intense, lower back twinges too... Doing my darnedest not to symptom spot being only 4dp3dt but these are just things I've noticed today that are a little out of the norm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @MissTilly for the encouragement - I am trying to stay as positive as I can. Wow, you are brave to let everyone know. For me, it's a toss up between getting support and having a feeling of being judged, so I have only told the few people whom I know will support us no matter. Maybe it's just me, but I feel most people don't really understand the emotional ups and downs. So you are very lucky to have a great support network.

I say you have GREAT symptoms! Most important, rest lots too! Loads of baby dust for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

I came across this thread last night and spent half my night reading the 70 pages of it! I SO wish I found it earlier!
    Can't tell you how good it feels to find a community of little warriors ladies going through the exact same thing I'm going through, at exactly the same place!
    Until now I've been reading books, and researching on the Internet like a maniac to gather as much info as I could to get to know what to expect, if my numbers are "normal" etc.... felt so alone and lost!

Turned out that I learnt 100 times more reading you ladies in one night than weeks researching on the web! Thank you so much for existing!

Anyway, I hope you don't mind if I join you at this stage, some of you are already well advanced in the process, so exciting!

A bit about me: been TTC for half a year before deciding running fertility tests "just in case" coz of my age (about to turn 38yo) and thx God I did as they found out low reserve for my age... Big slap in my face, devastated etc... Been advised to go straight into IVF which we did.

Started 1st cycle last week on the 24th (300iu Puregon), had my first scan + BT 4 days later. Got lovely Aisha who found 8 follies in total with 6 of them developing nicely (was not really happy with that number but she said it's pretty good for low reserve diagnosis). Started the antagonist (Cetrotide) that same day and looking forward 2nd scan + BT early Monday morning.
    Just like @VickyP if I got it right

No side effects so far, no issues with needles... my weak spot is the waiting and the fear of how I'm gonna handle it if it doesn't work... well we're all in the same boat I suppose lol!

Anyway, I will keep reading you all and update my case... but I feel so much better already with this gold mine of information and also being able to talk about it since this is something that my Fiance and I are keeping for ourselves for now...

Have a great weekend everyone! X

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LillyM For This Useful Post:

Kookii  (30-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome aboard @LillyM!!! So great to have you with us during 'the journey' as well! I was the same when I first came across this forum which was probably only about a month and half ago but have felt that without the support of these beautiful ladies that I would have totally been in the dark as to what the whole process is about. Primary have bee fantastic in being informative as to what we need to do but just being able to bounce off other ladies how I'm feeling and if it's normal has been a god send.
    @VickyP, I'm very lucky to have a great support network and this is my reasoning behind telling them. I figure the people who I've told would be the people I'd like support & some sort of understanding from if this doesn't work, I'd hate to feel like if I was having a rough day that these people may think that something more sinister was going on that I hadn't told them so I've found that being up front about the process has been (so far!) really great for support! We're being pretty pragmatic about it all and have told everyone that there's a good chance it may take a few tries just so they're not shocked if 1st round doesn't work and they'll be here for us if that happens to happen but I think it's also helping to remove the stigma from it all as well. Yes it's an emotional roller coaster but for me it would have been worse without being able to talk about it openly with my close friends & family. At first, I was devastated to find out we'd have to go through IVF because it all sounded so daunting and very expensive at that stage, then we found primary and literally this massive weight was lifted, like if it takes a few tries then it's ok and we're not going to be left trying to scrape together money to look after our Bub! But that's just me and everyone handles every situation differently which suits then best. Plus, you've got us now too for a whole bunch of support, understanding & lols along the way ☺️🐣😘

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MissTilly For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (31-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @LillyM!!

I echo MissTilly. It has been really nice to have this forum throughout the process. Makes it less daunting and knowing that these beautiful ladies know and understand what I'm going through is priceless.
    Looks like u're on the same plan as me except for higher dose of puregon. 8 follies is very very good. Fingers xd they continue to grow nicely

Looks like @LillyM and @Kookii will be crossing paths on Monday like MissTilly and myself and Billie2 and Danymatthew-

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday!! Xx

15. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (31-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you feeling today @tjuls? Hope you're having a lovely relaxing weekend and you're being pampered like you should be, I call it 'preparation for being PUPO'! 😁