Closed Thread
Page 62 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lmao @Billie2 .. I see u are all prepped up... .. Ur last batch of tampons and panty liners for sure.. Cos u will NOT be needing them after the nxt cycle!!
    Congratulations @MissTilly!! U are officially PUPO!! Count down for u begins!! Woot woot!!
    How inconsiderate is that guy with the loud volume?!!!:/ and why didn't he go in with his wife? That's not support at all!! Poor woman.
    I will keep the 3 hr post transfer in mind. @Danymatthew- did u do ur after transfer straight away?
    My boobs feel like they've gone up a cup ! Lol.. It's more the nipples really.
    Keep us posted during ur tww and have a safe trip back home to ur furbabies! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls, that's what I thought too! Plus we had crossed paths a couple of times waiting for blood tests or scans and she always just looked stressed! Can't wait to get back to the furbabies, we've missed them like crazy ~ we are definitely 'those' crazy dog people! Lol! Will do for sure! I'm not going anywhere yet that's for sure, I want to see everyones BFP in 2016!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MissTilly For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (25-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MissTilly Congrats on being the closest thing to being pregnant ever! You have a good heart, must bw the country in you..x

I am so confused, how did I end up with a roll call 6pm transfer with 12+ other women at least, (I didnt even get a seat it was that full), on a monday night 6pm & I sat there in line till around 7pm till my name was called!? @MissTilly did you have your own appt time? 2pm seems way more reasonable than my after hours effort. Just felt so rushed and I felt like a cow waiting to be branded. If others had a different transfer experience, please tell me, as I need to ask about this stuff in my appt on wed. Looking back, I felt like the FS could have dropped my emby on the floor & I would have had the same outcome.

Poor Dr George on wed. I interview & observe human behaviour & detect lying as a living. She is not going to escape me poor thing.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any experiences with Primary Ivf?

Aww thanks @Billie2! Yeehar!! Lol, well I do live on a farm and work in the agriculture industry (more admin side though processing livestock sales) so the I like to think the country makes for nice people too! ☺️

Well the nurse called me Monday (crap! It's still Monday! Longest day ever!!) morning to say appt was at 2pm, reminder that there was parking under the building for just $2, to drink some water on the way but not to have a super full bladder and also told me we still had 2 happy embryos! When I got there there was only one other lady by herself and that other couple. A nurse then came out after a couple that I had seen on my egg collection day came out of the glass sliding door and she asked our names. Lovely nurse too! Then said what order we'd be going in. We were number 3 (seems to be our lucky number! 3 eggs collected, 3 day transfer and then number 3 in the queue!). So while we were waiting the lady with the game playing husband went in, then it was the lady by herself's turn and she walked out with a big grin which was reassuring then it was our turn. Another couple had come in too while we were waiting who was also at egg collection same time we were too so there were at least 3 of us who had 3 day transfer from our little group that I saw. So I reckon our transfer happened around 2:30, we also got there about 20 mins early because I totally misjudged how long it was going to take us to drive there so got there pretty early at around 1:40pm I reckon. When it was our turn the nurse told us we a one emby with 7 cells and the other 8 and they had chosen the 8 cell one to transfer and would monitor the 7 cell one over the next couple of days then freeze if it makes it. Laid on the blue chair with legs apart ready for my pap-smearish-like experience and then saw emby!! They got me to confirm my name and DOB before sucking it up into a little tube-y thing and then it was brought in, and then in it went ~ felt so weird!! Like holy crap ~ the dr has impreginated me! Lol! Then strolled right on outta there to my acu appt. crAp! Sorry, another typically long winded message from misstilly ~ I'm terrible at condensing my sentences!

Well you'd know for sure then who killed Theresa from Making a Murderer @Billie2 with your awesome skills! Have you seen it yet? That was yesterday's activity for the day 😋 good ole Netflix!

I really hope dr George can give you some good solid answers on Wednesday, I can't understand either why they'd have so many people doing the transfer so late in the day unless some people wanted to do it after working hours. Doesn't create a nice relaxing atmosphere at all if you can't even sit down 😕
    Last edited by MissTilly; 25-01-2016 at 20:08.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissTilly For This Useful Post:

RainbowLorikeet  (26-01-2016),tjuls  (25-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Enjoyed reading ur recount of the day @MissTilly! Very thorough and detailed! I like it!
    Lets hope 3 IS ur lucky number. Ur transfer doesn't sound as stressful as Billie2. But it could also be its the beginning of the year and alot of woman would have just started their ivf journeys/ stim at the end of the mnth, esp if all the apptments are booked out early this mnth. @Billie2 - locked and loaded with questions for Dr George? I'm hoping the best for u and u get the answers u seek.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

MissTilly  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls maybe you are right... Being January the numbers of patients may possibly be lighter.
    @MissTilly I am country town born & bred. We still have a house back home. Its a brilliant upbringing, and Im sure your bub will love it

I am assuming I was just unlucky. In the lift up to level 3 Dr Lukic jumped in, still in scrubs. I assume from a Monday full of EPU. Then she has all these transfers. When you go to level 3 for transfer, you will see how many seats are at reception, and then see that I didn't even get a seat at my transfer. They bought out the office chairs from the lab & still wasn't enough. And most of us were there by ourselves. I had come from work, so I was alone.

Enough of the past! Onward & upward! xxxxx

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

MissTilly  (26-01-2016),RainbowLorikeet  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha same here in the job department so hoping their won't be many fibs! I have my first appointment with hubby next week gettin super nervous . Also have my pap this Thursday which is way overdue so least that will be out of the way. Though I am guessing I will have to wait to those results are back before I can start a cycle anyway and probably some other tests. Really wanted to start first round end of February but don't think that will be happening . I hated the transfer I found it so painful and uncomfortable when I did it few years ago did anyone else find this ? Not good that it's being rushed I guess they probably have so many patients to see but still
    Quote Originally Posted by Billie2 View Post
    @MissTilly Congrats on being the closest thing to being pregnant ever! You have a good heart, must bw the country in you..x

I am so confused, how did I end up with a roll call 6pm transfer with 12+ other women at least, (I didnt even get a seat it was that full), on a monday night 6pm & I sat there in line till around 7pm till my name was called!? @MissTilly did you have your own appt time? 2pm seems way more reasonable than my after hours effort. Just felt so rushed and I felt like a cow waiting to be branded. If others had a different transfer experience, please tell me, as I need to ask about this stuff in my appt on wed. Looking back, I felt like the FS could have dropped my emby on the floor & I would have had the same outcome.

Poor Dr George on wed. I interview & observe human behaviour & detect lying as a living. She is not going to escape me poor thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay @Cluck14!! The first appt is really straight forward, they'll just ask you & and your hubby's medical history and what you've already tried, then send you off with a referral for a scan, blood tests & sperm test from hubby. So nothing too hectic at all. You'll smash it! And hopefully you can start in Feb!!

I reckon you're right @tjuls that there wouldn't have been as many people because of the break over Christmas. I hope it's still that quiet when it's your turn!

I absolutely love where I live @Billie2, strange because I couldn't wait to leave home and move to the beach as soon as I could which I did but then when we started talking about having kids I just wanted to be closer to home. Totally agree the country is a great place to grow up, I just didn't appreciate it enough when I was growing up, I do now though!

Good luck with trigger tonight too @tjuls! Hopefully there's something good on tv tonight to help you keep your mind off it so time flies and you're not there watching the clock! The needle itself is super easy! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @clucky14 I think some people may find transfer more uncomfortable if they're not relaxed, I know what I'm like ~ if I'm tense then nothing is going in there! Like it's not a nice feeling I enjoyed but it wasn't painful, just a weird feeling!

Thanks
    Reviews
    First time I did it I ended up bleeding I must have tensed up I just can't relax !! Not looking forward to it guess I just have to
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTilly View Post
    @clucky14 I think some people may find transfer more uncomfortable if they're not relaxed, I know what I'm like ~ if I'm tense then nothing is going in there! Like it's not a nice feeling I enjoyed but it wasn't painful, just a weird feeling!