Closed Thread
Page 6 of 105 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies!
    I've just read all your inspiring and brave journeys and I feel like you gave me a bit of strength to go through this horrible day!
    My partner just got another quite awful sperm test result, even worst than the one made 6 months ago. We have been seeing an acupuncturist for 6 months now, each week, taking herbs, eating healthy as I wanted to give the natural treatments a go. I'm so damn scared about all the meds and procedures that IVF involves, but definitely it's OHSS that scares me the most!
    I was so confident that things improved and we could conceive naturally that I'm so depressed now. Sometimes I feel so lonely and unlucky when all around me friends fall pregnant immediately..it's so emotionally hard for me..maybe you can understand that feeling..
    I also have PCOS so...double problem! So I guess I have to accept the fact that we need a help from science! We decided to start our 1st ICSI cycle in September and I was looking at Primary IVF clinic. Do you know how long does it take to have the 1st appointment? Should I book well in advance, like by July, or few weeks before is fine? Is there anyone who went through ICSI or is about to do it?
    Thanks ladies and good luck to everyone

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danymatthew For This Useful Post:

Butterflybabe  (16-07-2015),Irinko  (16-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Dany and welcome
    Don't feel lonely and unlucky, it's actually so many of us who are in the same boat...And everything can change so fast
    We've been trying for 5 years, first hoping to get it naturally, than after few months decided to go to the ivf - and 3 times in the row just when we had an appoitment with any of IVF clinic, I fall pregnant naturally, realizing it just days before the appt! It happened in 2011, in 2012 and in 2014 - and unfortunately all those times I had different stories with the similar sad finish. (I had molar, mc 7 weeks, mc 18 weeks, and ectopic). After each story I had to wait for a few months, and then we started trying again...
    So now I was surprised that we were able to start the ivf))
    And now in 2ww I keep crossed my everything to have this one succesfull, i'm so tired of losing and waiting and losing...
    To your question, we had an appointment in 2 weeks time after the first call (but we had to arrange the time for both of us as we're both working full time...). Not sure if something changed since May, for us it was relatively easy to do...

The egg retrieval was not scary at all - as it's with the sedation, you will not feel anything. After that I felt really sick, painful and bloated... but that was just for one day, and honestly I almost forgotten now about it))
    Egg transfer is not bad, it's just like a pap-smear. 2 minutes, and you can see the embrio on the big screen! (If we succeed I think when the kid will be 20yo I will be able to tell her/him - "I saw you as a bunch of a few cells!") That's really a magical feeling, to see the tiny heap of microscopic cells and to understand that's possibly a human being! I was fascinated so much I forgotten to be scared there)

So is I were you I would just call them, and found the best suitable time...
    I also done my pap-smear just 2 weeks before, and could proudly answer that I've done it recently! - they do ask about it.
    Also I know I have hypothyroid issue, so I checked that as well with my GP and did not lose time on getting to the right level (for thyroid, if the TH level's to high, it takes standard 6 weeks to get it normal, and dr. Lukic in Primary was really serious about that saying that if it would be higher than normal she would not let me to start. So I'm glad I've done it before and came to her with the normal TH <2.5 ).
    They also checking the immunisation status, and I had the varicella shot at my first visit there, luckily I am immune to rubella, otherwise it would also took a while to have that shot and then wait.
    So call them and check what the suggest you'd do and check to be able to start straight away))

Good luck!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @Danymatthew, my DH and I are also looking at starting our first round in September 😊 it is an emotional roller-coaster ride but I try to think of the end outcome, our little miracle 😇 don't ever feel alone, we are all here xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Irinko!
    thank you so much for you support and patience in giving so many details! I read it 1st thing this morning and I did felt better and less lonely!
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you and hoping this will be the one...you deserve it after all you've been through. I'm already so emotional before actually starting..so your strength is admirable!
    I'll follow your advice and call them..without losing hope! Keep us posted on your 2ww!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Butterflybabe!! it's all new for me to get in touch with someone who can really understand how I feel. Unfortunately (or fortunately for them!!) I don't know personally anyone who has fertility problems and this makes things harder to accept. I'll try to understand how it works here to be more active in the groups

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Danymatthew For This Useful Post:

Butterflybabe  (17-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH and I were diagnosed with unexplained Infertility. On one hand when they told us it was like, relief because there was "nothing" wrong (so to speak) but on the other hand it's hard because they really can't give you an answer except "sometimes these things happen" well why did it happen to us?? We have learnt to except that we need help from science and are fine with that but sometimes I still get that feeling of "why can it happen so easy for some and not for others"?? Oh well, we'll keep going on this wonderful, exciting, emotional roller-coaster until we are holding our miracle baby. Goodluck to you in your journey and I am always here to chat, we might even get to start our journey together :-) babydust 🌌

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterflybabe For This Useful Post:

Danymatthew  (18-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    On the topic of "why it's easy for others and not us" I can say I feel really blessed that finally we turned on to IVF and are so well-looked after now...
    Because of having so many problems with everything when it happened easy and natural, I really would like now to have a doctors and science on my side, rather than just losing precious time trying and then recovering...

So what I want to tell you - please don't feel bad that you're not getting it easy. Feel otherwise feel special, feel precious, feel carefully looked after, know that avoidable bad things will not happen to you!) I can say it's really important to feel all this, and it's soo much more better! Compared with when it's happened and you left alone thinking "what if it just was not enough progesterone? What if my GP just did not send me to the right test in time?"
    Really ladies! We're blessed we can have all this support now and it will help us to get our bubs for sure!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just got a call - BFP!!!
    YAY!!!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irinko For This Useful Post:

Butterflybabe  (20-07-2015),Mamasupial  (20-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's fantastic news @Irinko, congratulations, hope it goes smoothly xo

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterflybabe For This Useful Post:

Irinko  (20-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflybabe View Post
    That's fantastic news @Irinko, congratulations, hope it goes smoothly xo
    Thank you! fingers crossed for you in August, i hope it will sort out with the visits for you and your DH turned out they really know what to do in Primary - at least till the bfp stage now I can say that
    (They told me they all used to work for many years in genea and other clinics)