Closed Thread
Page 58 of 105 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Billie2, it was like nothing I've ever experienced before! I got super nervous waiting in my scrubs but hubby was marvellous and just kept saying lovely things to help relax me. Then the anaesthetist came in explained what he was doing and then the scientist to also tell hubby what he had to do and then all of a sudden I'm in theatre with about 5 people all doing different things, cannula in and literally 20 seconds later I was out to it! Woke up quickly in the recovery room, the nurse was super impressed with how bright/with it I was! Star patient she said! Had some tea, cheese & bickies ~ had a quick chat to Dr George where she explained they were only able to get 3 (which I was still really happy about) because the other follies were still too small then the nurse explained post recovery stuff and took the cannula out, then it was time to head to the chemist, got me some crinone and caught an uber home. I found Dr George really quietly spoken too but very nice. The best thing is that if this round doesn't go according to plan I feel very confident that I could do it all again. Fingers crossed that's not the case though!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissTilly For This Useful Post:

Kookii  (22-01-2016),tjuls  (22-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dang it @tjuls! I was hoping you'd go in for EPU Monday too but the bonus is the longer you do injections before trigger I reckon the bigger & more follicles there will be!

Oh and the other bonus was that I only had to pay $380 because BUPA covered the other $220! Winner!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Any experiences with Primary Ivf?

Oh crap! Sorry for the stuttering posts!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (22-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MissTilly I too was so happy with Private health fund covering me. It was a nice surprise at the desk.
    @tjuls more wait, but at least its in the best interest for your follies. No doubt Wed looks like a big day for you. The day after EPU I was at the baseball field by 7am with our son for his match. I had no probs getting over day surgery, but we are all different. At my second scan about 4 were around 18-20mm, so you may get alot more by Mondays scan. A whole egg farm of quality. I like the way you look at it, yes 3 eggs could definately mean 3 kids, and no stimming ever again!

Glass half full always...!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome that BUPA covered u for some of the costs @MissTilly!! I hope the same goes with me as we're with BUPA as well! Keep us posted on how ur embryos go!
    Lmao @your stuttering @Billie2
    Yes. It does look like wed is my big EPU day. I'm all for more follicles, however, side effects of cetrotide started after last night's shot- nausea.. I hope it was a one off but I'm bracing for the worst.

So u will have ur WTF apptment on wed while I get eggs picked up. Yay!! I hope to hear good news !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's is so true @tjuls & @Billie2!! How awesome would that be! 3 bubbas!!! Love me some positive vibes! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you're feeling better soon @tjuls! Just think, it's only a matter of days until EPU! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @MissTilly! I'm just glad I did the shots before bed.
    Ok question for everyone: did u dtd while stimming? I have a bucket loads of ewcm and am getting abit (or alot) frisky. I know we're not suppose to, but just wondering if anyone has?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls I regret not doing it. The ewcm was insane from stims. I will definitely have a go next round. There was an article in our local paper about a couple who became preg on IVF frozen transfer with 2 babies. One was from the embryo implanted, and looked very very similar to their toddler from first IVF. (They came from same batch). The other baby was so different and they said in article the only explanation was a natural conception during IVF. So that is prob why FS's are against it. Just don't dtd after trigger or you compromise his swimmers for EPU day.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (22-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone! Congratulations on your successful epu @MissTilly! Sounds like you did brilliantly! I like your description of all the people in theatre and the 20 seconds to being knocked out! Same as my epu. But you did brilliantly in recovery too! Hope the crinone goes well. I picked some up too but for use in a month or more!

@tjuls shame about the wait till epu, but it's good to let those follies develop more and I'm crossing my fingers for you to have a very successful epu. Hope the side effects go away or are very minor.

@unicorn2016 how are you feeling? Hope you're recovering well.

Great roll call @Billie2, I love lists too! hope you have a great weekend ahead of your WTF appointment!!

Looking forward to hearing your updates. We had some rainbow lorikeets to visit on the balcony while writing this and they send their best wishes!!

I got the call this afternoon after waiting a week to say four embryos are being frozen. So pleased!!! I was gearing myself up for the worst! Now just can't wait for transfer to happen! But it's going to be a while yet...