Closed Thread
Page 55 of 105 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @unicorn2016 I took senokot laxatives, I bought them years ago overseas, they took about 15 hours to work. The nurse just said take whatever you need.. Online they say prune juice etc is good, but I didn't try that. Other than that paracetamol, they say don't be a hero take pain relief as needed. Hope you're not in pain and keep drinking water, and getting electrolytes from whatever source, I got Gatorade powder to mix up from Coles.

I was OK though, maybe because they gave me some meds at the hospital for nausea in recovery, and also my trigger was lucrin which apparently eliminates severe ohss, so they prescribe it in specific cases if needed. Downside is it costs $300 just for the one trigger. Bizarrely the medication comes with zillions of syringes and alcohol swabs as I believe it is also for once a day use in certain circumstances, which worried me slightly as I was worried they gave me the wrong thing but rang pharmacist on the day and it was all fine. I still have the unused ovridrel trigger in the fridge. Not throwing out anything in case I need them in the future!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies! I got all your updates and wish you once again good luck with ER and transfer!! I'll be away for a while..finally my holiday time has arrived..and I expect to see lots of BFP when I'll get back!!
    I'm doing good here..in week 9! I do hope you'll be here soon!!! @Billie2 for my ER, I actually called the nurses few times due to some strong sympthoms..but I got an extra BT after transfer due to my light ohss. @RainbowLorikeet I would check with the nurse if that is AF or other bleedings. Don't want to alarm you, but I thought AF should come after around 14 days (or not come in case of BFP), as you would have ovulated normally and your uterus lining should still be thick for implantation. Hope you'll be fine!! Billie2 you're almost there to start!!! wish you all the best!!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danymatthew For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (21-01-2016),RainbowLorikeet  (21-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well done @MissTilly!! No more injections!! What a relief huh? @Billie2- I can tell u're a sports fanatic.. Personally, I would choose sleep over tennis or cricket ..
    I've only had Janine as my nurse @unicorn2016. I looove her but I've heard the other nurses are nice as well..the closest thing to a Rudd experience I've had was my very first appent with Dr Lanahan (sp)? But it could be she had an off day because the 2nd apptment was alright.
    You are soo close @Kookii.. A few more days and jabbing starts!! Yay!
    Holy moly @RainbowLorikeet!! $300 for Lucrin?!! Then i shouldn't complain about the $120 I paid for for the meds this cycle. Hey it's all worth it and its nothing in comparison to what we all would have paid if we were at another clinic right? We're still winning.
    Started the 1st injection cetrotide last night, stung abit but I've come realised that if u inject too quickly it stings (alot)... (Tip for newbies reading this)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

RainbowLorikeet  (21-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have a fantastic holiday @Danymatthew!! Look after urself and ur lil bub. Can't wait to hear all about ur trip when u return and hopefully alot more bfps from this thread!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tjuls View Post
    Well done @MissTilly!! No more injections!! What a relief huh? @Billie2- I can tell u're a sports fanatic.. Personally, I would choose sleep over tennis or cricket ..
    I've only had Janine as my nurse @unicorn2016. I looove her but I've heard the other nurses are nice as well..the closest thing to a Rudd experience I've had was my very first appent with Dr Lanahan (sp)? But it could be she had an off day because the 2nd apptment was alright.
    You are soo close @Kookii.. A few more days and jabbing starts!! Yay!
    Holy moly @RainbowLorikeet!! $300 for Lucrin?!! Then i shouldn't complain about the $120 I paid for for the meds this cycle. Hey it's all worth it and its nothing in comparison to what we all would have paid if we were at another clinic right? We're still winning.
    Started the 1st injection cetrotide last night, stung abit but I've come realised that if u inject too quickly it stings (alot)... (Tip for newbies reading this)
    Yep, jab quick, inject slow!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

RainbowLorikeet  (21-01-2016),tjuls  (21-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Billie2 thanks for your advice. I rang primary and they said it's all fine and nothing to worry about.

@unicorn2016 I think that the nurses vary in how they communicate. Some are more minimal info than others, that can be a good thing as they say only the critical info, which is good for getting dosages and timings right, but I always want to know everything.

There was one minor thing I got more worked up about, but they rang back and solved it, without me having to argue. I think it's because they have so many couples in their system with different circumstances.

I think it's tricky for the nurses because our circumstances are more complex and individual, logistical, practical, etc, and so much more emotional. This is why I think this forum is so good because we are all in the same boat.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RainbowLorikeet For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (21-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Danymatthew thanks and hope you have a wonderful relaxing holiday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well said @RainbowLorikeet.
    Glad to know AF arriving early is normal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Found these funny memes a few days ago and forgot to post them here ~ thought you'd enjoy them too 😜ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1453333363.217321.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1453333383.334306.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1453333400.601935.jpg

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MissTilly For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (21-01-2016),RainbowLorikeet  (21-01-2016),tjuls  (21-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any experiences with Primary Ivf?

Prune juice, coconut water, panadol, comfort food all ready to roll for post egg collection tomorrow! Thank you ladies for all your well wishes! This whole thing has been a whole lot more enjoyable because of you lot! You've all definitely helped to calm the nerves for sure!
    @Billie2 ~ no plans as yet for Aussie day which I crazy I know because I've never spent Aus day in Sydney before but thought I might play it safe and maybe keep it local and head to Coogee beach and relax down, not far to walk from where I'm staying. But who knows, we might venture into the city and enjoy the festivities there! Any suggestions?

Hope your blood test & scan go well tomorrow @tjuls!!

Have a fantastic holiday @Danymatthew !!! Make sure you get loads of r&r!
    Last edited by MissTilly; 21-01-2016 at 19:02.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissTilly For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (21-01-2016),unicorn2016  (22-01-2016)