Closed Thread
Page 51 of 105 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Any experiences with Primary Ivf?

@RainbowLorikeet congrats.. How was the fertilisation rate? I agree the EPU is a harmless procedure. I hope all 6 fertilise and are perfect for freezing. The lady after me at EPU got NO eggs. She stuffed up her trigger. I felt sorry for her but we need to hold up our side of the bargain and take our meds, and if unsure the nurses are always avail to help.
    @clucky14 I had 2 eggs retrieved first cycle and 1 fertilised so I felt lucky to have 50% fert rate. It really is quality over quantity, but, I am not one to listen to the "it only takes 1". Im back into a full stim cycle because I only got 1 embryo and it didn't work. Always good to have frosties in the bank I say!
    Last edited by Billie2; 18-01-2016 at 05:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Of course it's nice to have some in the bank but I guess what happens happens can't always help that just have to keep fingers crossed. Is this your first time ? I'm wondering since I didn't get many years ago with first ICSI would they likely up my dosage now three years later ? I only got two back then so am a bit worried. They also want my results from when I went through Genea which I never had they also kept them so wondering if I call they would give them to me ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Billie2 View Post
    @RainbowLorikeet congrats.. How was the fertilisation rate? I agree the EPU is a harmless procedure. I hope all 6 fertilise and are perfect for freezing. The lady after me at EPU got NO eggs. She stuffed up her trigger. I felt sorry for her but we need to hold up our side of the bargain and take our meds, and if unsure the nurses are always avail to help.
    @clucky14 I had 2 eggs retrieved first cycle and 1 fertilised so I felt lucky to have 50% fert rate. It really is quality over quantity, but, I am not one to listen to the "it only takes 1". Im back into a full stim cycle because I only got 1 embryo and it didn't work. Always good to have frosties in the bank I say!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @clucky14 yes it was my first cycle. Im about to turn 39 so I would like to see a drastic change in protocol now knowing I didn't respond well. Hoping to start again end of month.

I would ring them & they should release all medical records. @Kookaii may be able to answer as I think she changed clinics..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome back @Kookii- hopefully af arrives on time so you can get started and hopefully the Luveris will work better the 2nd time round.

COngratulations @RainbowLorikeet! I'm hoping all 6 of the normal that they retrieved fertilised well and are incubating and ready to be frozen.
    I did the 2nd puregon injection last night without ice and dare I say- it was better than with ice?!!
    @clucky14- im sure Genea wouldn't mind sending you their records of ur care,having said that though, some clinics are abit guarded with their FS notes. Sorry to hear about the disposed frozen emby- but we never know what life will bring us and we can only make decisions that we think are right at the time. the transition over is smooth and uneventful.

How did you EPU go @unicorn2016?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone! I don't know how they are doing. :-( I didn't ask when they just said only 6 eggs were normal. I should have! I was just a bit shocked I think and I guess I thought anyway it's changing all the time to day 5 anyway...The nurses just said they would let me know on Friday how many are OK to freeze. I'm trying not to think it worry about it too much and just trust the professionals...

I would have preferred a fresh transfer being the impatient person I am but I know there are good medical reasons for waiting... Hopefully it won't be for too long...

Hoping you're all doing well. Crossing my fingers for all of you for happy outcomes and worryfree time in the meantime.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RainbowLorikeet For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (19-01-2016),unicorn2016  (20-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it Wed 27th Jan yet? Im hanging for my appt..!

Has anyone tried the baby aspirin post Ov/EPU? I am going to ask the FS if it is ok, as other clinics have it standard from EPU. My af is clots every cycle so I thought it may help, and for $2.95 a box, why not! I have started this natural cycle and see what effect if any when AF arrives end of month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers xd for a good result with ur 6 eggs @RainbowLorikeet. Understandable that u want to wait til Friday to know. @Billie2- I've tried the baby aspirin post ov for 2 natural cycles, didn't notice a change in clots when af arrived though. However, af was alot brighter and less clotty after a few mnths of acu session. So I know for certain that the acu sessions helped with circulation to the pelvic area. That's why I stopped the baby aspirin and just continue with the acu sessions. Fingers xd it works for u!
    Had apptment with Acupuncturist last week and she said after doing twice ( sometimes 3times) weekly acu sessions for 4 mnths, she thinks my body is right for ivf now.. So no more sessions til egg transfer.
    I bet u must be dying for the 27th to arrive... I was in the same situation in Dec ! =D

Afm- have BT and Scan tomorrow morning. Been feeling the effects of the puregon- tired, abit emotional, loss of appetite.. But its not so bad overall. Hope everyone is doing well

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (19-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls goodluck tomorrow. So you would be looking at Monday retrieval if all is powering on well..? I dont think Puregon affected me but I was only on it for 2 nights before trigger. I did alot of acu when we ran into issues around 12mths after ttc #2. I used to go to a natural fertility clinic and took all the herbs and was getting acu 1-2 times a week. I fell preg immediately after a hycosy coinciding with all my treatment. So I cant say what helped us get there. But it ended in mc. My OB had alot of faith in acu, but not the herbs. Its very relaxing. But financially you cant keep that up when you hit 7yrs ttc. Not with a child in a private school. The biggest changes that I am focusing on is sleep and water. Both I was slack on before we decided on the IVF road.

Let us know how you go!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Forgot to mention that I was taking herbs during those 4mnths as well.. Horrible tasting thing ever! But hey if emby sticks on first go, I can't complain!
    I will update u ladies tomorrow when I get the results. I haven't started the cetrotide yet, so I'm not 100% sure when the EpU might be..

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls Totally tasted like crap. But we'd do anything wouldn't we!!