Closed Thread
Page 50 of 105 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Any experiences with Primary Ivf?

@tjuls its ok I am a control freak. It has been a huge challenge for me to leg it go and do as I am told. I have been controlling our reproduction attempts for too many years, so I had to hand it over to the experts. I honestly think you will be fine, you have a little man conceived naturally, you are young, you are just getting that help and l hope that this will be it for you.

Dr George told us we shouldnt have a problem at all. Cant wait to see her on the 27th now!!! You dont tell that to males for heavens sake, they take that literally and expect a 100% success rate. I asked if I could switch to Dr Lukic, but was told it wasn't possible, despite Dr Lukic doing my EPU, changing my plan to ICSI day of EPU (thank goodness), and she did my transfer. I found Dr George too soft and didnt tell us much at all, and Dr Lukic was all business and thats exactly how I operate.
    @Danymatthew thanks for staying.. means alot. xx
    Last edited by Billie2; 15-01-2016 at 22:52.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any experiences with Primary Ivf?

Sorry double post & cant delete

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1452862602.800930.jpg @MissTilly I started Orgalutran on CD6... Here is a snapshot of my cycle diary..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (16-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's a shame @Billie2 that u can't change FS. Although I've havent met Dr Lukic, I agree with u re: Dr George. She's very soft and comes across sometimes (dare I say) timid. But she's gotten us this far so I'm hoping it works out well. I hope she gives u all the answers u need. It would be nice to have closure of the failed cycle b4 moving along to the nxt.
    I'm currently sitting in my car waiting for the damn pharmacy to open so I can pick up my meds and get on with my day. Have so many errands to run and didn't expect the pharmacy to open at 10am rather than 9am (on their website)!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info, Have felt fine a little bloated but other than doing really well. I didn't realise I had to watch the exercise & have been running, so I'll slow down now. I have felt like I have more energy which is odd considering I'm pumping so many drugs into me.... got er on Monday bit nervous but I'll see how we go. Good luck everyone x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by unicorn2016 View Post
    Thanks for the info, Have felt fine a little bloated but other than doing really well. I didn't realise I had to watch the exercise & have been running, so I'll slow down now. I have felt like I have more energy which is odd considering I'm pumping so many drugs into me.... got er on Monday bit nervous but I'll see how we go. Good luck everyone x
    Let me know who your FS is, as my appt was cancelled due to Dr George doing the day surgery monday. So if she doesnt do it I will be cranky pants. Best wishes x
    @tjuls I agree. She asked us if we had "thought about IVF"... I laughed at her, was she seriously asking that question. I felt she was 'timid' as well. Better than being rude or cranky though! I liked her. But I liked Dr Lukic too. She is there to do her job and I think she takes pride in it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    First injection of puregon done. The needle wasn't so bad but i took everyone's tip of putting ice b4 injection and it helped..wasn't as bad as I imagined.
    Good luck for ur EPU on mon @unicorn2016. Hope u get good numbers.!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (16-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello you all! I've been MIA, i needed a break from the whole IVF thing.

Hope you're all doing good: injections not being painful, Epus with great quality eggs, and positive results!

Afm, I think I've ovulated but not quite sure, so waiting for AF that (fingers crossed) will be here in a week or so. I'm not a Swiss watch, my cycles can differ from 28 days to 37 so I can never know if I'm not tracking ovulation.

Had an appointment with FS and we will be trying Luveris again next cycle. I'll keep you in the loop!

Hope this year is our lucky one 🙌Come on, 2016...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for ER Monday @unicorn2016!!! The actual procedure is nothing to worry about, the nurses were lovely and very caring and as soon as you're ready, you go under with the anesthetic, so nothing to worry about.

The nurse rang me to say out of the 19 eggs collected, only 6 are normal. I didn't get any info on how many fertilised.. I'm anxiously awaiting the update in 5 days time about how many will be OK to freeze but I'm trying not to worry about it... I know it isn't really about the number of eggs collected, it's quality not quantity, and as she said they only need one. The other women at the day surgery at same time as me when had 8 collected and 3 collected.

@tjuls pleased to hear your first injection of puregon went well. I found them painless and didn't use ice, though I did worry still a little each time.

@MissTilly hope you are finding the orgalutran ok. @Billie2 told me it doesn't hurt and actually I found them fine too.

@Kookii crossing my fingers that all goes smoothly with you!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RainbowLorikeet For This Useful Post:

Kookii  (17-01-2016),tjuls  (17-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's definitely not about how many you get. I only got 7 three years ago and after the first night I only had two left I remember the nurse telling me and I was freaking out thinking the worst . They were great quality and one worked first go I just wish I didn't dispose of the other during the time hubby and I were seperated but who is to say the frozen one would have worked anyway I suppose . .. Off to start this journey again soon for baby 2 looking forward to it . I wish you the best of luck and please think positive
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowLorikeet View Post
    Good luck for ER Monday @unicorn2016!!! The actual procedure is nothing to worry about, the nurses were lovely and very caring and as soon as you're ready, you go under with the anesthetic, so nothing to worry about.

The nurse rang me to say out of the 19 eggs collected, only 6 are normal. I didn't get any info on how many fertilised.. I'm anxiously awaiting the update in 5 days time about how many will be OK to freeze but I'm trying not to worry about it... I know it isn't really about the number of eggs collected, it's quality not quantity, and as she said they only need one. The other women at the day surgery at same time as me when had 8 collected and 3 collected.

@tjuls pleased to hear your first injection of puregon went well. I found them painless and didn't use ice, though I did worry still a little each time.

@MissTilly hope you are finding the orgalutran ok. @Billie2 told me it doesn't hurt and actually I found them fine too.

@Kookii crossing my fingers that all goes smoothly with you!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to clucky14 For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (17-01-2016),RainbowLorikeet  (17-01-2016),tjuls  (17-01-2016)