Closed Thread
Page 49 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for the tip with the electrolytes @Danymatthew!! I'm gonna load the house up with coconut water!
    Hope u and the little baby is doing well and thanks again for sticking around to part some advice and knowledge onto us :*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone! EPU tick, 19 eggs collected, general anaesthetic was great about 2 seconds and then I was in a deep sleep! Woke up feeling very mentally sharp, but who knows I may have been sounding mad before that and just not remember it!

Moved to recovery and enthusiastically tucked into the tea and cheese and crackers. Then felt dizzy and hot and sick. I was very well looked after though, the nurse gave me some medication and I felt a lot better after that. And my reaction was not normal, I don't think! other women there were fine and left before I did. I'm just a diva!!!!

Feel fine now resting at home and drinking Gatorade!! I got my husband to mix it up after reading your message @Danymatthew!! Before that just drinking water! I read about Gatorade and salty snacks on line but the primary ivf nurse just rolled their eyes when I asked about it a month ago, but I'd rather be on the safe side and great excuse to eat honey soy chicken crisps!!! ;-) I'm also milking being looked after!!!

I second @tjuls too, thanks for sticking around @Danymatthew and sharing advice and hope you and your baby and family are great!!!

@MissTilly glad to hear you're doing well with injections and feeling good! You sound like you're acing it! Hope it all continues to run smoothly.

@tjuls hope all is going well with you! I love the discussion about pineapple by the way!!

@Billie2 hope you get some answers and support from primary ivf, maybe the nurse can provide some support or information in the interim?

@unicorn 2016 agree with what the others have said re healthy eating and cutting back on caffeine and alcohol. I bought some caffeine free tea at T2, if you can find one you love that's great! I'm not big on herbal teas but I love red green and dreamy. More fruit and veg and fish twice a week like salmon or tuna. Also a preconception supplement, there's a few different brands. I've been taking folic acid but also have a stash of Profutura, which includes folic acid and other vitamins.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's fantastic news @RainbowLorikeet!!! 19 eggs! Well done lovely! Totally going to try the coconut water with salt as suggested by @Danymatthew & check out the tea at T2 @RainbowLorikeet ~ obviously I will try anything to help encourage a good outcome! Lol! Thank you @Danymatthew for sticking around post BFP! And to @Billie2 for your great suggestions between cycles! God I hope you can start on your next cycle!

Blood test & scan went well this morning. Got a text this afternoon to start orgalutran injections today and to continue with puregon. So my plan of doing all injections in the morning has gone out the window I guess if I have to start orgalutran this afternoon. Gah, so nervous about the syringe! The pen is so easy and the syringe looks so confronting! Lol! Will just have to muster up the courage between now and 6pm! Or will call my best friend who's a nurse studying to be a dr here in Sydney to get her butt over here and do it for me 😜.

Then another scan on Monday at 11am and blood test first thing in the morning. Have had a slight headache this afternoon but not sure if it's because of the puregon or whether it's weather making me feel like snuggling into bed. 😴
    @tjuls, how did you go this morning? Any news yet from the nurses as to when to start??!! So exciting!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sounds great @MissTilly!!! Wow can't believe u're doing the orgalutran already!! That's quick! Good luck with the needle.. It's my biggest fear as well but have been in Zen mode.. So its not scaring me anymore.
    Haven't back from the nurses yet unfortunately, so I gave them a call and the girls at the desk said there's only 2 nurses working today so there will be a delay in there response back. Being the impatient person that I am, I called up the path lab for my own results.. So just waiting for the nurses now..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

MissTilly  (15-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @RainbowLorikeet hope you feel ok after transfer. PCOS ladies always pull huge numbers so take care of yourself over next week. Best of luck on fert results tomorrow. The wait for me was pure torture. The 2WW was nothing compared to the fertilisation and embryo progress updates.
    @tjuls your CD1 bt is just a baseline, not really results that will tell you much. IVF is a huge lesson in patience and doing what we are told for a change. Im having a giggle that you are already ringing the lab on CD1. 😊

My advice for your first round is to be positive no matter what results. Its really hard. @Danymatthew and I both had shocks in our first cycle, me with 2 eggs and Dany having 2 fertilised embryo's out of 14 eggs collected. We both ended up with 1 embryo to transfer. Its such a lottery. Even if you do everything right, don't put pressure on yourself. At least you will have no regrets, which I don't and obviously Dany is the same. xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Billie2 I quote you totally!! Worst part was the post-transfer! Mine was tough physically and emotionally. After literally walking home after the transfer, 3 days later I started with severe cramping..I night I was about to go to ER! Turned out it was a good sign! Emotionally, You'll be 1 day positive and the other hopeless..and remember don't test too early!! I tested 4 days before the BT and it was negative...it was the worst day ever! I'll stick around for a while to support you as you supported me, praying for your BFP!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Danymatthew For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (15-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought it was a bit early in the piece too @tjuls to start orgalutran but I guess I am CD6 but only 4 days into puregon. AF has pretty much finished today ~ Yay! Took a panadol about 20 mins ago and feeling much better (headache had got progressively worse over the last couple of hours). Orgalutran injection went ok too, so glad the 1st one is now done knowing I can do it myself too. Dang it they didn't get back to you this afternoon @tjuls, that's super annoying! What time did you do your BT? We would have been in the clinic around the same time if you did it at primary before 9am!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol .. I told you I'm an impatient person. No I think it stems from the unpredictability of ivf, just had a friends whose FET got cancelled due to high prog.. HiGH PROG!! wtf?!! So I'm a little paranoid =D.. Besides I work in a lab.. So I prefer numbers than low, high, normal,abnormal etc
    Thank u for the advice @Billie2.. I'm slowly letting go off the grip I have on my fertility.. Hahaha.. But i know the outcome is whatever it is. I'm just praying for a baby at the end of all this- like all of us

No I did the BT at my local path collection centre at 7:30am @MissTilly.. so the results would have been out by 4pm.. Anyways..Nurse finally msged me at 5pm with instructions to pick up the meds to start 150 puregon tomorrow. So after a huge sigh of relief, excitement kicked in!

I'm still amazed how ur af is just finishing and u're starting the orgalutran already and then EPU possibly this time nxt wk. Sounds like the headaches are a side effect?
    I have my first BT and Scan next Wed at 9:15am... So if anyone is around that time, keep an eye out for a little short Asian =D

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (15-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on a successful EPU @ RainbowLorikeet! Hope u are recovering well at home and being pampered by the Mr!
    Next step is looking forward to hearing how many frozen babies u end up getting.!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjulz its ok I am a control freak. It has been a huge challenge for me to leg it go and do as I am told. I have been controlling our reproduction attempts for too many years, so I had to hand it over to the experts. I honestly think you will be fine, you have a little man conceived naturally, you are young, you are just getting that help and l hope that this will be it for you.

Dr George told us we shouldnt have a problem at all. Cant wait to see her on the 27th now!!! You dont tell that to males for heavens sake, they take that literally and expect a 100% success rate. I asked if I could switch to Dr Lukic, but was told it wasn't possible, despite Dr Lukic doing my EPU, changing my plan to ICSI day of EPU (thank goodness), and she did my transfer. I found Dr George too soft and didnt tell us much at all, and Dr Lukic was all business and thats exactly how I operate.
    @Danymatthew thanks for staying.. means alot. xx