Closed Thread
Page 41 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @tjuls nice work! When are you looking at kick off? I was in the puregon as well. The pen was so simple. Make sure to take it out if fridge half hour before injection to take sting away. Gotta love the blue cooler bag 😉! We have male factor IF, so not sure if that was the diff with drugs...?

Funny thing happened NYE, bottle of chandon exploded in our fridge (blew lid off), and soaked through my blue cooler bag. Quite ironic I thought. Champagne wouldn't be in there if the drugs worked, nor would the drugs if the cycle worked!

Best of luck..xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (04-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay @tjuls!!! It's looking we'll be starting just a few days apart! AF due on the 12th. I called and spoke with the nurse Lee today who is really lovely also (winning at getting nice nurses hey!) to check a couple of things ~
    A) how soon do they need the first blood test I take on the first day of my period? Answer: the next morning. Reason I asked this was because our laverty only takes the bloods and then sends them else where to get the results done and has a 2 day turn around where as the laverty an hour away said the dr would get the results the next morning as long as I do the bt before 3:30pm.
    B) if the procedures happen to fall around Australia Day would that have any implications? Answer: no, Australia Day is on a Tuesday ~ they only do egg collections on Monday/Wednesday/Friday and transfers on Monday/Wednesday/Friday/Saturday.
    C) can I get a Drs certificate for the time I'm away from work seeing as though they're recommending I spend nearly 3 weeks in Sydney so I can do the blood tests locally. Answer: no, but the dr will give me a certificate for egg collection day and possibly the day after then also for the transfer. Recommended that I ask my local GP if they might do one. Thought it was worth the ask. : P

Now the only question I have swirling around my head is do I need a script to be able to pick all the medication up? I have all my bt paperwork already but only thought tonight, what do I need to pick up the stims. I'm on 150 puregon, not sure of the dosage but then olgratron (not sure of spelling either!) then the trigger overdriel. And then I'm guessing crinone also buy will check through my papers tomorrow to see if it mentions it. Ours is mf infertility also so it's interesting how they decide on what meds etc.

That's too funny (and a little sad also) about the champagne, 'not the Chandon!' Maybe the champagne was trying to have the last laugh. Such a shame for any champagne to be wasted though! Hehe!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MissTilly For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (04-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @Billie2! What a waste of a good bottle of Chandon! But hey it's the champagne saying 'damn u drugs!'
    Thanks for the tips about the puregon .. Af is due on the 15th so @MissTilly.. Yes we will only be 3 days apart!

Thank God u asked about EPU and ET days. I didn't even ask about that!! Haha..
    I would really like to know how they devise our treatment plan.. I mean.. We are pretty much on the same treatment but y do I get cetrotide and others get orgalutran?
    (Sorry I'm still worried about the needle.). Hahaha..

I hope u can get the GP to give u Med cert for some of those days.. It would be quite handy .. Just in case

Thanks
    Reviews
    We don't have MI.. Another case of unexplained infertility here.. FS even suggested we keep TTC for a few more mnths.. Hahaha.. Ummm. Hell no!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies, all you need to pick up any drugs is your text message with the instructions from the nurse. No paperwork. We are all loaded in the system. Crinone you pick up at the chemist at the day surgery after egg collection. And with monitoring scans you just turn up and tell them your name, no paperwork there either. Parking at day surgery is highly recommended as its only $2. I parked in there day of transfer at 8am, went to work, and didnt have my transfer till 6pm that evening. Cheap city parking for the day!

AF arrived today, so I am on schedule for 30th Jan cycle #2..!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (05-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoo!! @Billie2!! Can't wait to hear if they will change ur plan AND for u to join us !

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls finally the time to start has come!! I'm so excited for you! yes, we were on a different plan, but once you do the first shot, it'll be a piece of cake! don't overthink and wait to do the injection, go fast and you'll see you won't feel the needle at all. remember to put some ice on the area right before and massage it after, it helps a lot. @Billie2 I cannot imagine how bad you want to start. just 3 weeks..take time to enjoy life without ivf!!
    I will think about you ladies..hope primary will still continue to do miracles!
    I had my 1st scan this morning..it was such an emotion to see the hearbeat! I can't believe it's already 7 weeks..all is going good! also this scan was totally free. then I'll have an appt with dr George next week. then, I've no idea what will come after that. Still just a bit of random nausea, but not a big deal...but definitely tired and crazy emotional as now my favourite activity is crying for everything! I'll follow your progress and cheer you up! stay strong!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Danymatthew For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (05-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any experiences with Primary Ivf?

Omg @Danymatthew !!! That time has flown, must have been amazing to hear that little heart beat!

So I emailed the nurses again this morning (they're going to get sick of me and all my questions! Ha!) to ask what I need to pick up the medications and Tracey emailed me back saying 'The chemist has your prescriptions so no, you don't need anything with you to collect the medications. You are also welcome to have a 3rd party collect them on your behalf'. Just out of interest sake I asked what I'd need to do if we did get a 3rd party to pick them up and she replied 'Nothing apart from asking them to collect your medications' That simple!! All seems too easy huh!
    Last edited by MissTilly; 05-01-2016 at 14:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoo @Danymatthew!! It's so wonderful to hear the pregnancy is going really well. And 7 weeks already?!!! 5 more weeks of 1st trimester and u can announce it to the world (if u haven't already). Thanks for the encouragement and the ice pack tip.. Will keep that in mind

Lol @MissTilly...thanks for sharing that info.. It sounds simple doesn't it?
    A question to all u ladies who've done the stimming.. Do the injections have to be taken in the evening? Janine mentioned the evening but I remember a friend doing it in the morning..so I'm a little confused.
    Was going to call the nurse about it when af arrives

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls I was instructed to do all of them in the evening. important is to pick a time and stick to it. I did mine at 6pm. trigger is usually late at night, but they will tell you the exact time later.
    Another trick I used do get "distracted" was pushing my little finger nail hard into my skin to the point it hurts a little and becomes worst than the needle pain! LOL

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danymatthew For This Useful Post:

MissTilly  (06-01-2016),tjuls  (05-01-2016)