Closed Thread
Page 40 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies! Hope you've all had a lovely break over Christmas and have some fun New Years plans in the mix. I've been naughty and haven't checked in for a couple of weeks but really nothing to report on this end, just waiting for AF to show up next month around the 11th Jan and then hopefully we'll be full steam ahead for our first ever round of IVF. Bring on 2016!!!

@hopefulangel1987 - I'm so sorry to read about your loss, that's absolutely gut-wrenching. I hope you were able to find some happiness with with family and loved ones over Christmas although I know I would have found it so hard to keep a smile on my dial if I was in your shoes too. Xx
    @Bindy111 - our initial appt was similar as I didn't really feel that they asked as many questions as what they did with our initial appt with Genea 12 months prior (we put IVF on the backburner that year as we had so much stuff pop up that year and decided to try again this year and then a friend told us about Primary so we decided to start the process again but through Primary) but I figured that our test results would show them everything they need to know to get the best outcome for us too. The same thing did happen to us though where my pathology/BT forms had my husband's name on all of them which I didn't notice until we got home but they faxed through new paperwork promptly once I advised them what had happened. We live 700km from Sydney and are taking 3 weeks off in January, lucky we have family to stay with otherwise we would have considered going through Genea due to their flexibility also being able to do it closer to home. But the cost factor was a big thing for us too so we're willing to give Primary a red hot go as it is still getting great outcomes for other couples. I just don't know how we'd bounce back from spending $10k+ if it didn't work first time whereas there doesn't seem to be as much pressure on us mentally and financially if the first round doesn't work. We're willing to keep trying if first round doesn't take whereas I don't think we'd have that option so soon if it didn't work with Genea. We figure that their intervention is better than what hubby and I have been trying so like @Billie2 we're trying it from the bottom up and work it out from there. Our FS appt nearly got cancelled on the day after travelling especially for it due to an airconditioning issue in the HSBC centre (a funny smell through out the clinic which was making the FS feel ill) but we explained that we had travelled especially and wasn't able to reschedule so we were able to keep our appt and the FS explained if she seemed a bit off that was why but we were really happy with the treatment we received from her that day also (I didn't catch her name though!), nursing appt was great (had a funny older asian lady) who explained things really well and made it all seem fairly straight forward.

We've been trying now for 4 years - married for 5 and have been together for nearly 10, never used contraception but was 'careful' (ha!! not sure why we worried about even being careful now! lol!) before we were married. It's been mighty hard seeing friends of ours married after us and then fall pregnant straight away or within a few months while they all know how much we've wanted it as easy as they have. These friends have also been a massive support and are completely 100% behind us in our IVF journey. Received some beautiful Christmas gifts as little tokens of good luck which was so thoughtful. I love the reference to homebrand @Billie2 - I feel the same, me being one of 4 children we were always happy with whatever was available on the table and growing up if I can save money wherever I can I will do that too. I figure it's still the same process we'd being going through if we were going through Genea but without the extra cushioning.

Apologies for my long-*** comment! Hehe! I just scrolled back through and was like whoah! Easy on there! But I know you girls will understand where my rambling thoughts come from. Bring on New Years Eve! Will definitely be saying goodbye to 2015 swiftly!!

Question: is anyone doing any sort of pre-IVF special dieting? I know I should be trying to eat well and not drink too much over the festive period but was wondering if anyone was doing something extra special to prepare themselves.

Much love! xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MissTilly For This Useful Post:

hopefulangel1987  (31-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and massive Congrats to @Danymatthew !!! So so so happy for you! Hope your and your partner are enjoying the festive season in blissful happiness!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MissTilly For This Useful Post:

Danymatthew  (30-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm in the same boat Genea first go but this time ready to try out primary IVF due to finances we were lucky we got pregnant first round last time though I am worried about not falling first go this time though .but if that happens well least we can afford further attempts. Looking to start with primary about february.I'm lucky to already be in the healthy weight range though have been eating bad lately except for the last few days back into doing more exercise again walking and spin class at the gym just think it can't hurt also just trying to eat a lo better and started to take elevit again. I think it's just about everything in moderation though I love sweets it's so hard ! Good luck with it hope all goes well for you .
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTilly View Post
    Hi Ladies! Hope you've all had a lovely break over Christmas and have some fun New Years plans in the mix. I've been naughty and haven't checked in for a couple of weeks but really nothing to report on this end, just waiting for AF to show up next month around the 11th Jan and then hopefully we'll be full steam ahead for our first ever round of IVF. Bring on 2016!!!

@hopefulangel1987 - I'm so sorry to read about your loss, that's absolutely gut-wrenching. I hope you were able to find some happiness with with family and loved ones over Christmas although I know I would have found it so hard to keep a smile on my dial if I was in your shoes too. Xx
    @Bindy111 - our initial appt was similar as I didn't really feel that they asked as many questions as what they did with our initial appt with Genea 12 months prior (we put IVF on the backburner that year as we had so much stuff pop up that year and decided to try again this year and then a friend told us about Primary so we decided to start the process again but through Primary) but I figured that our test results would show them everything they need to know to get the best outcome for us too. The same thing did happen to us though where my pathology/BT forms had my husband's name on all of them which I didn't notice until we got home but they faxed through new paperwork promptly once I advised them what had happened. We live 700km from Sydney and are taking 3 weeks off in January, lucky we have family to stay with otherwise we would have considered going through Genea due to their flexibility also being able to do it closer to home. But the cost factor was a big thing for us too so we're willing to give Primary a red hot go as it is still getting great outcomes for other couples. I just don't know how we'd bounce back from spending $10k+ if it didn't work first time whereas there doesn't seem to be as much pressure on us mentally and financially if the first round doesn't work. We're willing to keep trying if first round doesn't take whereas I don't think we'd have that option so soon if it didn't work with Genea. We figure that their intervention is better than what hubby and I have been trying so like @Billie2 we're trying it from the bottom up and work it out from there. Our FS appt nearly got cancelled on the day after travelling especially for it due to an airconditioning issue in the HSBC centre (a funny smell through out the clinic which was making the FS feel ill) but we explained that we had travelled especially and wasn't able to reschedule so we were able to keep our appt and the FS explained if she seemed a bit off that was why but we were really happy with the treatment we received from her that day also (I didn't catch her name though!), nursing appt was great (had a funny older asian lady) who explained things really well and made it all seem fairly straight forward.

We've been trying now for 4 years - married for 5 and have been together for nearly 10, never used contraception but was 'careful' (ha!! not sure why we worried about even being careful now! lol!) before we were married. It's been mighty hard seeing friends of ours married after us and then fall pregnant straight away or within a few months while they all know how much we've wanted it as easy as they have. These friends have also been a massive support and are completely 100% behind us in our IVF journey. Received some beautiful Christmas gifts as little tokens of good luck which was so thoughtful. I love the reference to homebrand @Billie2 - I feel the same, me being one of 4 children we were always happy with whatever was available on the table and growing up if I can save money wherever I can I will do that too. I figure it's still the same process we'd being going through if we were going through Genea but without the extra cushioning.

Apologies for my long-*** comment! Hehe! I just scrolled back through and was like whoah! Easy on there! But I know you girls will understand where my rambling thoughts come from. Bring on New Years Eve! Will definitely be saying goodbye to 2015 swiftly!!

Question: is anyone doing any sort of pre-IVF special dieting? I know I should be trying to eat well and not drink too much over the festive period but was wondering if anyone was doing something extra special to prepare themselves.

Much love! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MissTilly no special diet here. We eat healthy anyway. Just increased my water intake & took the usual folic acid & iron. During my first cycle I stopped coffee & alcohol completely. Got at least 8hrs sleep a night. As long as changes you make don't add to stress its all good.. Best of luck. I will kick off in Feb. FS booked out till mid Jan, meaning I have to wait a whole other cycle on top of my current one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning ladies!! I took a nice break over Christmas, but I also had so many things to do...last of which, 2 weddings in a row 28 and 29 Dec!I can't tell you how I feel this morning, as I'm in the office! Hope you're having relaxing holidays, without many thoughts and worries!
    I'm doing fine. Ms hasn't arrived yet at 6w2d, but I feel quite tired and I take a nap whenever I can!Over all, I can't complain so far...although it's been hard to resist all the forbidden food at the weddings and at Christmas..and I cry 20 times a day!
    I can't wait for the first scan on 5th Jan!
    We told our parents on Christmas day via Skype and they're so happy!
    I'm just worried that ms will strike right when I'll be travelling for 24 hours!
    I do hope 2016 will be THE year for everyone and that all your tough times will be replaced by immense happiness!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Danymatthew For This Useful Post:

hopefulangel1987  (31-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thankyou for your kind words... I have booked an appointment with FS on 3 Feb (they come back on the 2nd)... Happy new year to all xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay!!! Happy New Year lovely ladies! This year could not begin quick enough for me! Could have punched a 'friend' on Facebook yesterday for saying that she was feeling sorry for herself because she was having a sober New Years because she was pregnant... Pfft! What I would have given to be not drinking over New Years because I was pregnant! But restrained myself from commenting something along those lines on her status. Just blows me away how for some people it seems to be an inconvenience they're pregnant! Righto, rant over ~ fingers crossed that this time in 2 weeks I'll be a few days into stims! Getting very excited!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissTilly For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (01-01-2016),tjuls  (04-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy New Year ladies!!! Haven't check the thread for some time. .. Hope u all had a wonderful xmas / new year break. @MissTilly I did put myself on some kind of eat-less diet but that didn't last for long, I still have my one cup of tea in the morning and cut back on the alcohol (not that I drink that much anyways).. I also used to do boxing and yoga once a week.. Should start that up again.. @clucky14- hope u get lucky first time round again this time with Primary. Many of us are in the same boat- finance played a role when we were deciding which clinic to use.. And as Billie2 said.. Better to start from the bottom and work our way up. @Danymatthew.. Tomorrow is ur 1st scan!! Are u exciting? I am.. For u..
    I have my nurses apptment today at 12:30pm.. I'm so nervous to find out what plan the FS has put me on..will update u ladies afterwards.
    New year, new attitude and hopefully, a new addition to all our families!!!!!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (04-01-2016),Kookii  (06-01-2016),MissTilly  (04-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls how did you go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know what's going on with my phone.. I posted my comments an hr after my apptment and its seemed to have lost in space again.. Argh so annoying.

Anyways... I had a good chat with the nurse Janine and she is wonderful! She is nice and gentle but honest.
    The apptment lasted about 30mins.. @Billie2 and @Danymatthew looks like im on a different plan than urs..So FS has put me on daily injections of 150 puregon and then cetrotide antagonist, ovidrel for trigger and Crinone for luteal support.

OMG I had an Ally McBeal moment when I saw the needle for the cetrotide... I saw myself slowly crawling back out of the room.. I have to inject the whole length of that needle?!! Holy cow I thought I peed in my pants!! Hahaha

So I have about a week to balls up and do the injections myself.. Otherwise hubby will be on standby.
    I'm nervous but excited to start.