Closed Thread
Page 4 of 105 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi thanks for the replies. Dr lukic was fine on epu although I literally was awake long enough to say hello and state my name address etc and that was it. The drugs knock you out and didn't see her after that.they had asked about height and weight early on probably to work out bmi but im in healthy weight range so no questions. My epu i thought was quite early on day 12 of my antagonist cycle But they did my blood test and u sound on the Friday got my results that afternoon and was booked in for the Monday. I've been told after my Monday epu that my transfer will be Saturday morning at Darlinghurst upstairs from the day surgery. Im expecting to hear tomorrow if my 5 eggs fertilized are holding on. Quite exciting knowing there's a little petri dish out there somewhere growing lil embryos!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sydma For This Useful Post:

Butterflybabe  (21-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have everything crossed for you xo 🌌🌌

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterflybabe For This Useful Post:

sydma  (05-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that. was called yesterday with a time for the transfer 😊 so far 3 of the 5 fertilized are growing well, so hopefully I will have 2 to freeze in case. ......

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sydma For This Useful Post:

Butterflybabe  (23-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great @sydma, let us know how you go 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    Finally had my first ever transfer at Darlinghurst primary ivf centre. Had to drink 500ml beforehand which I thought was for u.sound but its actually to change the shape of your uterus by having a full bladder. Dr Mcdonald did it. first time id met her but she was v nice. As they say its like a smear and once you are prepped they put your petri dish on the tv to confirm your name etc then they zoomed in on the tiny embryo, she said it was just starting to hatch which is where they like it to be on day5. Then the scientist comes through with a long v thin catheter thing that gets inserted into your cervix. I felt a bit uncomfortable but nothing too bad. There was some blood on the catheter but not a lot. They then go back into lab and on TV screen you see the catheter being washed out to ensure that the embryo definitely came out. All in all 5 -10 mins and you're done. Went to acupuncture afterwards just in case it helps then just chilled out for the day. I have had a few twinges since but I don't know if there from the crinone or just me being overly concious of my body.either way I have 2 ww now so hoping it sticks. They did say they'd send me a letter in a few days of how many were frozen , hopefully 2.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sydma For This Useful Post:

Butterflybabe  (24-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great news @sydma, hoping & crossing everything for you that your little emby sticks 😊 I'm not looking forward to the 2ww as I'm very impatient lol thinking of you & let me know how u go xo

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Happy for you

Hi Sydma

I am so happy for you Exciting that you are so far in the process. I'll keep fingers and toes crossed that everything works out well for you and that you'll hear the little heartbeat soon.

If you don't mind me asking some questions:
    * How long did it take from first consultation to day of transfer?
    * How old are you (if you don't mind me asking) and did they give you the
    option to transfer two embryos?
    * Did they do an endo scratch before transfer?

I am almost 38, with one fallopian tube blocked and the other one covered in severe endometriosis. I'm just wondering what their procedures are and if they will allow me to transfer two enbryos at my age. Our first consultation is in June.

Baby dust to you and take it easy. I'm looking forward to more happy news from you.

Quote Originally Posted by sydma View Post
    Hi
    Finally had my first ever transfer at Darlinghurst primary ivf centre. Had to drink 500ml beforehand which I thought was for u.sound but its actually to change the shape of your uterus by having a full bladder. Dr Mcdonald did it. first time id met her but she was v nice. As they say its like a smear and once you are prepped they put your petri dish on the tv to confirm your name etc then they zoomed in on the tiny embryo, she said it was just starting to hatch which is where they like it to be on day5. Then the scientist comes through with a long v thin catheter thing that gets inserted into your cervix. I felt a bit uncomfortable but nothing too bad. There was some blood on the catheter but not a lot. They then go back into lab and on TV screen you see the catheter being washed out to ensure that the embryo definitely came out. All in all 5 -10 mins and you're done. Went to acupuncture afterwards just in case it helps then just chilled out for the day. I have had a few twinges since but I don't know if there from the crinone or just me being overly concious of my body.either way I have 2 ww now so hoping it sticks. They did say they'd send me a letter in a few days of how many were frozen , hopefully 2.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to femfroggy For This Useful Post:

sydma  (28-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi femfroggy im 37 and we had unexplained infertility.though the u.sound did show slight pcos which i wouldn't have ever known about if i hadn't been prodded and poked quite so much! have fallen naturally in the past so have been taken aback that we've gone through this. They only gave me the option of 1 embryo to be transferred but I didn't ask any more on that as I wouldn't have wanted to try 2.i didn't have the scratch. My cycle seemed quick 12 days to operation after starting injections then et on day 5 (16days into process). Just waiting waiting waiting now. Looking back through the process although it is involved and a fair bit of work it has been pretty straight forward and no where near as scary, painful or stressful as I thought. Saying that this is only my 1st go im sure if this had to be repeated many many times i can see you would get v weary of it all.
    good luck to you and try not to be nervous about starting or getting bogged down in detail just go with the flow and hope for the best 😊

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sydma For This Useful Post:

Butterflybabe  (28-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2ww result

Hi butterflybabe and femfroggy. I thought I would update you with my 2ww result......its a BFP😆 could hardly believe it when they called and said congratulations! I was holding onto about 10%hope but really wasn't expecting it to work first time round. so excited after years of ttc its finally on its way. still v early days and only classed as 4 weeks pregnant but just hoping more than ever it holds on in there.my blood test had a reading of 120 and I have another blood test in a week to check levels then a viability scan at 7weeks i think with dr lukic to check its really in there I suppose. Just another nerve wracking wait!
    I thought I would write some of the symptoms which I experienced through the 2ww as i know I was googling it like crazy last week trying to find info. After ET about 2/3days I started to feel weird pinching almost sharp twinges under my belly button area then especially when i moved an uncomfortable dull twinge (wasnt crampy) to the sides of my stomach. This lasted probably only about a few days and i was sure it was all over at that point. Im not sure if that was because of implantation, crinone or i read somewhere it can also be ovaries filling back out after the operation. I also started to get a fair bit of CM,which was a bit gross again that could have also been the crinone. I didn't get any bleeding or spotting at all. Was half expecting my period as my boobs got huge but didn't come. I always get back pain round that time whereas any pain i had was more in the lower stomach area.
    day of my blood test was the longest day of my life had test before 9am at town hall then acupuncture in the afternoon then they called around 3pm.
    I hope this post sends some happy baby dust to you both and I would love to hear how you go. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi sydma, that's amazing news 😊 congratulations 🎊 I hope to be joining you soon, fingers crossed. Goodluck with it all, the 2ww was worth it. Let me know how your going. Take care xo