Closed Thread
Page 37 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @onedaymaybebaby. Its good to hear u had a nice long session with Dr Williams. Its tedious waiting to do all the tests but once thats done,the exciting part comes!!

I agree how amazingly cheap primary is but I think their treatments are very standard and not specific to the couple. I guess it's a good point of call to start for those who cant afford the big clinics.
    Im sure there will be a wave of pple coming over to primary if they have been spending alot of their $$ at other clinics without a good outcome.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (16-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies! apologies for the silence! so many things to do over Christmas time! @Billie2 don't think you're old!!it is true that success rate is higher before 35, but they're just statistics! when it come's to human body you cannot rely on statistics! You can do whatever you can to prepare your body at best, eat healthy and stay away from stress, but there are so many factors involved! I've been preparing my body for quite a while with the right food, sport, acup and meditation..giving these things a try doesn't hurt! @hopefulangel1987 congratulation!! Good luck for everything! @tjuls whatever you choose, trust Primary's point of view as it's also based on their experience. I don't remember how old you are, but if you're over 35 maybe that's why they suggested IVF.
    Just to let you know about me, I got the call from the nurse today, saying that I'm very pregnant! Of course I cried on the street..but there was a storm around me so I could..and it's still hard to believe it! 1st scan will be beg January, at 7 weeks. No other BT before. My beta came back 325, they say it's a great number. Nothing else to do in between, just relax. last crinone tonigh. And then appt with Dr George on 13th Jan. I thought there were more tests to do..but I don't wanna be worried at all!
    Meanwhile, I'll keep supporting you ladies! you're amazing and if you feel down, remember that nature will find a way!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Danymatthew For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (16-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Danymatthew!! And congratulations,!! Its official u ARE pregnant!!!! And yes that is a very good strong number.
    Im 32 and Dr George offered us IUI but she said most women go straight ivf because of the time factor. Tbh she suggested if we wait for another few mnths we might get pregnant on our own because hubby n I are both fine. Im an impatient person..hahaha
    I might have to dwell on that iui for a few more weeks I think.
    Take care of urself and ur little baby. Im soooo happy for u. Hearing ladies fall preg from primary makes me hopeful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tjuls View Post
    @onedaymaybebaby. Its good to hear u had a nice long session with Dr Williams. Its tedious waiting to do all the tests but once thats done,the exciting part comes!!

I agree how amazingly cheap primary is but I think their treatments are very standard and not specific to the couple. I guess it's a good point of call to start for those who cant afford the big clinics.
    Im sure there will be a wave of pple coming over to primary if they have been spending alot of their $$ at other clinics without a good outcome.
    The low cost clinic we were originally signed up with had the same concept, low dose, stock standard treatment protocol for everyone yet they were still $3500 for ICSI so I think Primary is the way to go! As you say, definitely a good starting point and couples can venture further from there if more aggressive protocols are necessary 😊

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (16-12-2015),tjuls  (16-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Af just arrived. She's 3 days which never happens. Onto cycle 13. Last and hopefully lucky last before stimming in Jan.
    Hope all u ladies are well. Thinking of u all xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (16-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I honestly don't think the $'s matter unless there are serious issues like genetics, which I supported my best friend through 5 cycles and she came away without her baby. Her son has muscular dystrophy which was all news to them in the first year of his life. They did IVF due to age & to filter the MD gene. Sometimes there is no fairy tail ending. But life keeps going on.
    @Danymatthew congrats on solid numbers & have a safe trip & enjoy your tears of joy with your family. Being a mum is a pure gift. I hope your friend is doing (safe) backflips once you tell her you are in this journey together.

Hmmm stay positive? I didnt cry at 2 eggs at retrieval. I was owning it. My promise to you is that I shall be as positive as I can after a 7+yrs ttc. We all have different backgrounds and I was where you were many years ago, religiously at the natural fertility clinic getting my acu, taking my herbs, blogging about secondary infertility & educating people, I am ex professional athlete & my life is raw foods & hard work. I am a bikram yoga addict. So I am not ever going to blame myself for the cards dealt, nor my failure of a first round.

Primary is a blessing to all walks of life. Its not going to always work, and there is definitely NO guarantees if you pay $10,000 or $500. There is no guarantees if you drink a super smoothie, can do the splits, or stand on your head after transfer. If you do the right thing, its still completely out of your hands. Every cycle is different. Different eggs, different sperm, different drugs (I hope!!).

I only want to point this out because I would hate for anyone to blame themselves. We have enough pressure already on ourselves.

Im not sure if Im writing this for others or myself!🤔

You, we, are all amazing women. Don't forget that. As Michelle Payne said after winning the Melbourne Cup, #GetStuffed we are capable of doing anything. Coping with the good & bad. 👍🏻

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (16-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default bad news

Hi everyone.. im feeling devastated i had a misscarriage at 5 weeks.. I dont knoe if i have the strength to go through this all again...

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefulangel1987 Im sorry to read this. Is this your first ever preg? Its horrific to go through a mc. I know where you are at. I had mc's either side of my sons healthy birth. One at 5+ weeks and the other 7+ weeks. Next one will be a healthy baby. I pray that for you too. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Billie2 Yes it is. I have not stopped crying, spent 7hrs in E.D last night and then referred to an Early pregnancy assessment service this morning. The midwife said my HCG level was low for 5weeks and the heavy bleeding/clotting was a miscarriage. I have to get another bd tomorrow morning to confirm hcg level is falling (i already know it will be).

I am sorry for your loss.. can I ask how do you get through it? I am so scared it will happen again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefulangel1987 Its bloody hard. My first one I was weirdly ok about it & took 1 day off work. I was in my late 20's and had no knowledge of infertility. I just assumed Id be pregnant again straight away, which is what happened. But with the other one was after 2yrs ttc. I was a mess. I had a week off and cried a whole week. I wouldnt eat. I passed a mass. I knew how hard it was to fall preg. Thats what killed me.

But, what choice do we have? We have to pick ourselves up and go back in swinging. The positive is that you know you can do it now. And I know for some you can fall pretty quick after a mc. Your body knows what its doing. Another positive that helped me was that I knew that the baby wasn't right. My body worked as it should. I didnt need a d&c for either. Id rather what happened to me than a missed mc and finding out at a dating scan.

Im here if you want to vent or ask questions. I had a scan mid mc it was horrific. I cried the whole scan.

Be kind to yourself. Take time off. Let it all out. Scream, punch and kick. It hurts so bad.. Xx

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

hopefulangel1987  (22-12-2015)