Closed Thread
Page 36 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Billie2 thankyou so much! I am so glad it worked, i dont think i would be emotionaly/physically strong enough for IVF so much respect for all who go through it. Wooo hipefully we'lll see some Sept, Oct,Nov, Dec babies !!🎉🎁

@tjuls thankyou lovely . It was torture seeing AF arrive every month, I feel like its not real !! I would def recommend IUI for the first time, I was so skeptical and thought it wouldnt work from the success rates but it did 😬

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefulangel1987 For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (15-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tjuls View Post
    Age may be a factor @Billie2 but a 45 yr old reading our thread will snuf at ur old duck comment :-)

Really hope they up ur dose for a better outcome nxt round
    I don't know many 45yr olds ttc!! Old duck in ttc terms, not in years! 🙂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @hopefulangel1987. The success rate and time factor was what made us choose IVF instead of IUI for the first cycle. But hearing ur bfp gave me some hope that IUI could for us too. May I ask what meds the FS got u to take to stimulate?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls I took the ovidrel trigger 250 mcg on the Thursday and had the IUI on the Saturday. The actual IUI took about a minute.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohhhhhh. Gotcha @Billie2!!!..Finally got what u mean.. Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    The FS told me something otherwise.. Will have to see if I can get some more info off them at the nurses apptment

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, congrats on the positives! Just thought I'd give a quick update for any Melbourne ladies!

Had our 1st GP appt in Melbourne today. The facilities are inside a big multi service complex, nice new Primary IVF rooms away from the rest of the clinic. Lovely ladies on the front counter, they said they've been really busy having only started GP appts in the last couple of weeks. The actual IVF side of it will be starting in Feb for those ready to go! Unfortunately the clinic was having a bad morning, they had computer system troubles which put our appt nearly an hour behind. Being a new clinic and not having to be anywhere specific today, we didn't mind at all. The ladies on the front counter were so sorry, couldn't stop apologising and gave us both coffee vouchers for a free coffee just down the road! Not something we expected, very nice of them! Our appointment went really well, I went in without any high expectations thinking it was only a quick GP visit. Well we ended up consulting with Dr Williams for at least 30mins. He was so friendly and did a really thorough history with both of us, has ordered blood work and SA for my fiancé and blood work (CD2 and CD21) tests and a pelvic ultrasound for myself. Will undertake those tests next cycle (I'm currently CD 18), then go back for our follow up GP appt. Hopefully from there he can refer us to the FS. As we are aiming to start in March next year (would love to start earlier but have prior commitments), unfortunately we will need to redo our Child Checks and Police Checks as they need to be done within 6 months old starting IVF, we had ours undertaken in July this year as originally we were going with a different clinic.

Anyway, sorry for the novel lol! Just had a great first experience with Melbourne Primary IVF - hopefully others do too! I can't believe how cheap it will work out. The other low cost clinic we were going with was still going to be roughly $3k out of pocket expense to us after Medicare rebates for our first ICSI cycle! Whereas Primary we are looking at approx $800!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (16-12-2015),tjuls  (15-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @onedaymaybebaby thats great news! We were only out if pocket $510 all up. ($60 AMH blood test $150 cycle drugs $250 excess day surgery (thank you private health care!) and $50 post egg collection drugs). Going into cycle #2 will be less having leftover drugs I hope. If we had a frozen embryo it would be absolutely free.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (16-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really can't get over how much more affordable Primary is, hopefully it will help out a lot more people who otherwise couldn't do it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Exactly, we would not be doing IVF if we went private. Money better spent on our son and our life as it is. xx