Closed Thread
Page 30 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Love that quote @Billie2!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Billie2 feeling stronger already!!! Yesterday my best friend told me she's pregnant and that she feels guilty because this was her second attempt. I replied that I'm not angry with life, jealous or anything else..I feel damn lucky, I've got everything I wanted so far from life..so it's my turn now: this is my personal test to pass, to grow stronger and learn something as well. For other people it'll be something else...so whatever it happens, always feel grateful! (yoga practice helped this morning LOL)
    ...and I feel so grateful that I still have 2 tiny healthy warriors ready to be transferred tomorrow morning!! (just 1...I guess!) test will be on 16th Dec. Bille2 we'll be so close!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Danymatthew View Post
    @Billie2 feeling stronger already!!! Yesterday my best friend told me she's pregnant and that she feels guilty because this was her second attempt. I replied that I'm not angry with life, jealous or anything else..I feel damn lucky, I've got everything I wanted so far from life..so it's my turn now: this is my personal test to pass, to grow stronger and learn something as well. For other people it'll be something else...so whatever it happens, always feel grateful! (yoga practice helped this morning LOL)
    ...and I feel so grateful that I still have 2 tiny healthy warriors ready to be transferred tomorrow morning!! (just 1...I guess!) test will be on 16th Dec. Bille2 we'll be so close!!
    Very close! Im 14th Dec!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks everyone. I'm surprised the sessions are so short. I've taken the whole day off work for it. (Though I think I may need it, emotionally).
    So I should go and have a pap and get my blood work before I go?
    I didn't realise that egg collection was painful?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GemimaPuddleduck View Post
    Thanks everyone. I'm surprised the sessions are so short. I've taken the whole day off work for it. (Though I think I may need it, emotionally).
    So I should go and have a pap and get my blood work before I go?
    I didn't realise that egg collection was painful?
    Egg collection wasn't painful at all for me. You are knocked out & if I didnt have my letter from Primary to say my results, I wouldn't believe they actually went in there & got them. Ive never been sedated and I thought it was great. Spent the afternoon on the lounge going in and out of sleep watching cricket. I was out the door 6.30am the following morning taking our son to his baseball photos. I didnt cramp till I started crinone 2 days later.

There is a female GP at the general practice bulk bill medical centre across the room at Primary that can do your pap smear on the day like I did. That way your results will be on the primary system and no chasing results.

Your BT referrals will be given to you at your first GP appt. I was lucky in that my GP appt happened to be on CD4 for me, so I had my BT and scan done straight up. So everything depends on your cycle. But you can get your BT's done at any Laverty pathology, not just at Primary unless its monitoring with your stims, then BT has to be at Primary.

I too was overwhelmed at our first GP appt. Its alot to take in. We had lunch at Darling Harbour afterwards to relax. The one other time I was overwhelmed was picking up the drugs. My god, the blue cooler bag threw me and still sits in my fridge. I was petrified of injections but I did it and its so much easier than you think.

You will be fine... Its a huge step, but its in the right direction to a baby..xx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

GemimaPuddleduck  (04-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Billie2 View Post
    Egg collection wasn't painful at all for me. You are knocked out & if I didnt have my letter from Primary to say my results, I wouldn't believe they actually went in there & got them. Ive never been sedated and I thought it was great. Spent the afternoon on the lounge going in and out of sleep watching cricket. I was out the door 6.30am the following morning taking our son to his baseball photos. I didnt cramp till I started crinone 2 days later.

There is a female GP at the general practice bulk bill medical centre across the room at Primary that can do your pap smear on the day like I did. That way your results will be on the primary system and no chasing results.

Your BT referrals will be given to you at your first GP appt. I was lucky in that my GP appt happened to be on CD4 for me, so I had my BT and scan done straight up. So everything depends on your cycle. But you can get your BT's done at any Laverty pathology, not just at Primary unless its monitoring with your stims, then BT has to be at Primary.

I too was overwhelmed at our first GP appt. Its alot to take in. We had lunch at Darling Harbour afterwards to relax. The one other time I was overwhelmed was picking up the drugs. My god, the blue cooler bag threw me and still sits in my fridge. I was petrified of injections but I did it and its so much easier than you think.

You will be fine... Its a huge step, but its in the right direction to a baby..xx
    To add to what @Billie2 said, ER is nothing compared to what we were afraid of before! I did cramped for few days, but I've never taken a single panadol. I just felt I needed to rest for 2 days.
    And yes...the blue bag collection is quite a shock..but I really became a good friend of needles!
    My advise is to take it step by step, don't overthink, don't reserach on everything and stay as relaxed as possible. You will get all necessary info from Primary at each visit. In a way, the emotional side is much more impacted than the body. Good luck!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Danymatthew For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (04-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    As if enough isnt happening to us right now. Backburning has come way too close to our home! Sitting at swimming lessons busting to get home, if there will be one!ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1449204141.419798.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good onya @Danymatthew- for staying positive and having a different outlook in life. Some things we cant change and we certainly can't ask women to stop falling pregnant because we are having trouble ( but wouldnt that be nice)..haha
    I'm (very) slowly starting to accept the baby envy ( I have my days), but since embarking on this IVF journey, although it hasnt started, its given me renewed hope that we will get there.. WE ALL will get there!! Good luck tomorrow for the transfer- crossed it all goes well and u have a sticky icky emmbie.

@Bille2-- that fire doesn't look like backburning at all! Hope you get home alright and to an untouched house

AFM- I'm on CD21 of a 30 day cycle- so still waiting.
    Going cherry picking tomorrow and visiting my brother in Orange so I'll have 2 days of not symptom spotting. Have a good weekend ladies! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls have a great weekend! Get some sun and enjoy the cherries! You are right, we will all make it. I have long past the baby envy stage. If I didnt, I would be locked up. Its been a long battle just to get to IVF, as DP was against it. Primary allowed us to compromise, as it wouldn't be taking any funds from our sons future.
    @Danymatthew bubbas coming home tomorrow. Best wishes & let us know how you go. Its such a quick procedure.

What is so stressful about the 2WW in IVF is that you are soooo close to being pregnant. I am so scared, but will be ok either way.

Have a good wkend to @Kookii @MissTilly @GemimaPuddleduck Sorry if I have left someone out!

My house is fine. But they did burn out our top yard, which we are making plans to deck. So now all clearing has been done for us! House stinks & ash everywhere though.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

Kookii  (05-12-2015),tjuls  (04-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks so much everyone!
    I just like to be prepared. It's so good to see how you all support each other in here.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to GemimaPuddleduck For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (04-12-2015)