Closed Thread
Page 29 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tjuls View Post
    Oh ok.. good thing u called.. peace of mind 😊
    When are u expecting ur BT? And do th ey expect u to stay on the Crione til the end of ur 1st trimester?
    Im on crinone till BT on 14 Dec, then depending on results of your levels of what happens next. All ok though, trying to rest more, but its rare. Doesnt help when we have our first huntsman in our house & we have cathedral ceiling, so we got my sons nerf guns out and shot it till he dropped to the floor & I attacked it like a witch with my broom. We are a lunatic family 😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my god @Billie2!! Our house is covered with nerf bullets!! Son n hubby has set up targets all around our house and they play soldiers at war all the time!! I used the 'i dont like guns' as an excuse so he doesnt expect me to play with them.. haha.. times like this i wish he had a sibling.. fast!!
    Rest up hun.. i know its a little hard but try😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    First appointment with Primary IVF later this month. Can anyone tell me what to expect? Or anything I can take with me or do before hand that will make things easier for them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @GemimaPuddleduck - Ive only just had my apptment with the FS last week.. seeing her again tomorrow.

From my experience-
    1st GP apptment at Primary is straighy forward- go in, gp takes ur and partners history, take any previous tests u may have had, and depending on these, she will prob send u off to do ur CD2-5 and cd21 bloods. If u havent had one, she will ask u to do a HyCoSy to check for blocked tubes, fibroids etc. Dont expect this 1st apptment to be more than 15mins
    2nd apptment- after all bloods and scan results come in, go will review. If everything looks good, she will refer u to one of the FS there. This 2nd apptment takes again 10-15mins depending on ur results
    3rd - apptment with FS.. this is where she reviews u and ur partner and gives u a treatment plan.

If u are a local dont expect to see the FS on the same day, however i could be wrong or u did what i did and begged myself in with the (wonderful) receptionists. And u cant book the 2nd gp as well as the apptment with FS for the same day.. dont know why though.
    Make sure u have done a pap and have results with u.
    Sorry for the list.. i hate for u to end up frustrated as I have, no fault of the clinic.. im an impatient person.. i mean we all are when we get to this stage of ttc to have our babies.. hahaha

Good luck. Hope it all goes well and hopefully u can continue to join us on here and tell ur progress

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (02-12-2015),GemimaPuddleduck  (04-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GemimaPuddleduck View Post
    First appointment with Primary IVF later this month. Can anyone tell me what to expect? Or anything I can take with me or do before hand that will make things easier for them?
    @GemimaPuddleduck welcome & I wish you luck. @tjuls pretty much covered it. For me the GP will ask 5 things of you in the first appt; Papsmear, 21 day fasting bloods, CD2-5 bloods and a scan as well. My bloods also included AMH test ($60 additional cost but is billed and mailed to you). She will ask you go on your folic acid & iron. Your other half will have a SA and bloods to do as well.

As for costs, $60 AMH bloods, $150 all meds for cycle at chemist, $600 day surgery for egg collection (but your private health fund may cover all or part of it - I paid $250 excess, thats it), the crinone & panadeine forte after egg collection is about $50. So its pretty cheap! Nurses are avail to you 24/7 once you start a cycle. I email them with annoying questions. They answer really quick. Let us know how you go & hope you stick around to share with us.

AFM - feeling really flat & cant shake it. Im blaming the hormones. Im blaming hormones for all my washing in the basket as well while Im at it. I can usually shake crap moods but Debbie Downer is hanging around all afternoon. Lost a bit of faith so if anyone sees her, tell her I need her home asap.. Just dont feel like me, it weird.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awww.. @Billie2..how r u feeling today? Hope u are a little better and back to ur lively self again.
    Had the FS apptment this morning. Pap result came back Normal (woohoo) and now we've moved on to the nxt stage and had all the consent forms signed all ready for stim in mid Jan. Next step is the apptment with the nurse.
    Just wondering if i should book to see the nurse this mnth or wait til a week b4 AF to book?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls I'd wait till close to your cycle in Jan to see nurse, only if you dont want to forget what they teach you. But if you want to know your plan and be extra ready, Id book December. I think Jan will be busy with all people that couldnt get in for Dec. You wont get to pick up any meds till your cycle starts on Day1. There is benefits for both. How old is your son? Ours is 8. Thats how long we have been ttc#2!

AFM - am better today. I have realised its the crinone and hormones. Im finding ways to break through the angry woman times. I was ruthless with my boss this morning. Felt like taking tomorrow off, just to rest. Very tired end of year and need to listen to my body as I usually ignore it. Just baked and wrapped up my sons Xmas presents. Im working from home today. Woke up with such sharp cramps last night it was bad. But my insides have been drugged, prodded & poked so its all normal. And with all this extra progesterone pumped in, no wonder it can send you nuts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Billie2 for the tip. We've decided to leave it til Jan to see the nurse- so our apptment will be on the 4th of Jan and hopefully AF arrives on the 14th- which gives us enough time to freak out, absorb the instructions and calm down b4 the needles start.
    If I didn't say it before, I'm saying it now- YOU ARE ONE HELL OF A STRONG , PATIENT AND INSPIRING WOMAN!!.. My son is 3 years old and we've only been trying for a little over a year. Hands down I don't know how you did it for 8 years!

But the end is near- all the crappy feelings you're getting now will be worth it when you get your double lines! Our bodies continues to awe me when I hear the things women on the forums go through during this process.
    Yes tell your boss- "I'm on Crinone- so dont mess with me!" ..haha
    Did the nurse say the sharp cramps are normal? Rest up Billie2- I say take tomorrow off- work can wait- your body can't.
    @Danymatthew- I'm thinking of you- all the best for the transfer on Sat
    @MissTilly- I don't think we bd on time this month either. 1st mnth of no charting, no temps, no opks, no symptom spotting.. nothing... nada..so I think I ovulated early and totally missed the window. Just waiting for AF to come knocking now due on the 14th dec.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @GemimaPuddleduck welcome!! I quote all the detailed info the other ladies gave you..I couldn't do any better!! @Billie2 take your time and give yourself a break. 8 years...that's really determination!! I'd never be able to wait for so long!! You're awesome! My wait stopped at 2 years! Anyway,I found such a big difference in terms of emotions from before and after ER. After ER I started acting like a psycho: 1 day superhappy, the other day desperate, then hopeful, then hopeless. Every time the phone rings I risk a heartattack!! Now I undestand people talking about the IVF rollercoaster!
    Finally today my cramps after ER are gone. No particular cramps with Crinone..and I blame what we're going through for the mood changes.
    I've just had a relaxing acu session and they're ready to treat me few hours before and after the transfer to boost chances. If it helps, they also told me to avoid a complete rest after transfer, as the blood needs to flow and not stagnate. @tjuls thank you for your thoughts...I feel it!! and I agree that it's better to wait for the nurse appointment to have the info fresh into your mind.
    Have a great day everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews