Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kookii View Post
    We'll be cycling buddies on Jan! ������
    2016 will be our year ������✨
    Yay @Kookii.. cant wait!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @Billie2 for a very thorough recount of your day. I felt like I was there right with you! From what I've learnt during this whole ttc journey is that its a game of numbers and chance. Although Dr Lukic only took 2 eggs out, I am 100% sure they are perrrrfect eggs and they are your 2 babies. I havent had the pleasure of meeting Dr Lukic, but she sounds like a great doc- thorough and cluey and very understanding (re: ICSI). that those 2 eggs do well in the incubator and you get to transfer them in the next couple of days- have you been told that you are doing a day 3 or day 5 transfer?

Yes stay positive- there is always January and you, me and Kookii will stim together- and $250 instead of $600?? Winning!!

oh no to that poor lady!! Either she got overwhelmed with the shots or she made a mistake, but to have to go through all that with no eggs at the end is . Better luck next time for her.
    @Danymatthew- how is Oragultran going? Are you getting any adverse effects?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Billie2 thanks for the report!! I'm glad the procedure went well..and I'm sorry for your disappointment! But what matters is the quality, so if they're of good quality and embryo keeps growing it'll be fine..you just need one! And with ICSI you'll have more chances!!
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you...and have a good rest!
    I had my 2nd scan and BT this morning, now waiting for the call. The lady didn't tell anything, but I saw she measured 4 growing follicles on the right and 3 on the left. I know they can grow quite fast, so I'm not worried at this stage. @tjuls Orgalutran is going good! I'm quite confident with needles now and I found the right technique to get no pain. I feel a bit bloated and very little pain in my ovaries. yesterday I was dizzy but maybe it was low BP. No other side effects. I'm drinking lots of water and eating well..hope it'll help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies! Sorry for the MIA Crazy busy week at work but I have been checking in every day to see where you're all up to! Very eventful week for all by the sounds of it but all very positive!

Happy Birthday for the other day @Danymatthew Hope you had a great day and all is going well!!

Wow @Billie2 !!! I think the egg collection part is the part that was worrying me the most but your account of it all definitely puts me at ease. I feel like I should know this but how soon can you have an embryo put back in? I really think you're onto a winner with those 2 eggs, just remember - it only takes one good one! Bring on the BFP! Hope you're having a lovely afternoon of much needed RnR. That poor lady as well, that would have been devastating for her. How could she have stuffed it up? They're on call 24/7, I'll definitely be calling if I'm not sure about anything I'm doing.

Because we live about 7 hours from Sydney I'm going to take the annual leave for the injection period through to when (hopefully!) the embryo is re-implanted, staying with Hubby's aunty who went through it all about 4 years ago so that will be nice (starting to think I might have told you all that before but I can't remember! lol!) ~ ordered my Opal cards yesterday too for hubby and I so we can just train/bus it into the city for BT etc. Will 2 weeks be enough or should I take 3??? Just finding it hard to wrap my head around the timing of it all but I'm sure I'll get there, soon hopefully! What else can we do in Sydney while we're there to help fill in the time and it not be all about injections & BT? Maybe a trip to the zoo and just do lots of touristy things we don't normally get time to do.

I've also booked in for a papsmear for next monday because it's been 3 years since my last one (woops!!) but that didn't seem stop the FS from having us sign all the paperwork as long as I got one done ASAP. So hopefully there's no issues with it as I'm soooo keen to start in Jan with you lovely ladies too @Kookii & @tjuls ! Will I need to send these result to Primary or just my local GP??

Cheers to a big week and hope you all have a relaxing weekend Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls I do ramble a bit!! Haha..
    @Kookii when will I find out about fertilisation? Today or tomorrow?
    @Danymatthew sounds like my experience at 2nd scan. She didnt say anything. Just that they were definately growing. Will be interesting to hear your instructions this arvo from the nurse.
    @MissTilly egg collection was so quick. Its seriously like a hatchery and they wheel a new lady in every 30mins! Ive never even been dressed in full scrubs before, so the ops room was a real eye opener. But within 2mins of being on the table I was out of it. I am not tired nor sore! I hate that Im laying on the lounge right now. I have panadeine fort but dont need it. But I didnt get many eggs so maybe that is why??

If you start on Elonva (FSH) you will have nothing else to do for a week. All monitoring starts the 2nd week, and injections. I would say 3wks maximum! I can give you many ideas for touristy things. If you are in to sport you have to go to the SCG to see the Twenty20 about to kick off. Zoo is a must. Cheap lunch at Darling harbour at Pontoon Bar, or Eat Love Pizza. The Aquarium is good too. Look up The Glenmore Hotel, its at pub at the Rocks that has a rooftop open bar/restaurant overlooking harbour bridge & opera house. Its the best view.

I shouldnt say this but my other half said the internet died while he was in "the room" watching rude tube (haha) & had to pull his phone out. He thought he'd be there all day. TMI sorry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah MissTilly! I knew I was forgetting someone else!
    I can't give you info on how long you should take off- thats a question for Billie2 and Danymatthew. But I CAN help you with things to do in Sydney while you're here:
    - Yes def do the zoo
    - If you can afford it and not afraid of heights- do the Bridge Climb-- that one is awesome
    - Or the cheaper version- the SkyWalk at sydney tower
    - There are heaps of cruises around the harbour- I would look up Scoopon or Groupon to get cheap deals
    I hope your pap test comes back all good so you can join us in Jan!! and I would suggest sending a copy to Primary to prevent any delays.
    My pap result should be out early next wk and I'm getting a copy faxed to me so I have that to give to Dr George next Thurs.
    Does anyone else have Dr George?

With the week we've all had- whether it be stimming or EPU or FS apptment or just waiting.. we deserve a BIG group hug.
    Have a good weekend ladies- take it easy @Billie2. Keep us posted @Danymatthew on when your EPU is scheduled. Can't wait to see what next week brings!
    I'm due to ovulate tomorrow so I'm going to get me some lovin lovin

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MissTilly thank you!!! It was a lovely and relaxing day!! For the timing, each one is different..maybe you can estimate egg collection is on CD13 on average and then transfer after 3 days..but it depends on how you respond. For the pap test result, you should send it to Primary. @tjuls I have Dr George!! she was lovely and helped us find the best solution for few issues with our test results. @Billie2 here is my update: got the call at 5pm... egg collection Monday 10.15am!! totally unexpected!! it'll be my CD11 therefore I'm wondering if it's a good thing..it looked so fast!! At 5 pm I had to tell my boss I'll be away for 2 days and arrange all work for mon and tues in 30 min! Plus my injection was at 6 pm..so I totally freaked out!! so, by the EPU day I will have done a total of 7 injections only, including the trigger. Just 1 Puregon tomorrow. I can't complain..but I do hope there will be enough mature eggs!!
    Your experience gave me more courage..and I believe this giving-receiving support from all of you is helping me go through this with less worries!!
    I will keep you posted!! Have a great weekend ladies!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Danymatthew how quick does it happen!! How exciting! I had 9 injections all up (Elonva 1, Orgalutran 5, Puregon 2, Trigger). You must be responding well. They have parking at the medical centre for $2. Its around the back of the building & you buzz to get in & tell them u r a patient. Or heaps of metered street parking. All staff, including the anaesthetists, scientists and nurses you will meet are a youngish crew. All so nice. Enjoy the knocked out feeling, I loved it. 🙃
    @tjuls @Danymatthew I too had Dr George but she doesn't do the Friday day surgery so I had Dr Lukic. She is way more forward and she changed our plan on the spot which I am so thankful for.

Im planning on a little glass of champagne tomorrow, I will be drug free! Woo hoo. I will be celebrating or preparing for Jan 2016 cycle. Find out tomorrow how our 2 little ones went overnight.

Take care lovely ladies xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay! @Billie2 Two eggies! They will call you tomorrow and let you how they develop.
    Hope you've got two Master Eggs there! Xxx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kookii For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (28-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 1 fertilised baby embryo! Cant believe it! Im so happy. Transfer Monday! Woo hoo!