Closed Thread
Page 2 of 105 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Just*Ace

Thank you for the response. Sorry to hear that it didn't work out for this cycle

I'm very new to the IVF world, would you mind telling me a bit more about the process at Primary IVF. I did see the chart on their website. I'm struggling to find any reviews on them. If the first cycle doesn't work, do you have to pay the same fees again for the next cycle? Are there any hidden costs? I had a look on their website and thought it's definitely more affordable than the other places, I just don't know about their success rates. Do they do fresh and frozen cycles? Do they allow for more than one embryo to be transferred in one cycle? Do they do the endometrial scratch if you ask? Sorry, I know I'm asking a lot of questions. It's nice to talk to someone that is in the same boat. Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you for the next cycle xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to femfroggy For This Useful Post:

Butterflybabe  (06-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Just*Ace I rang primary get some more info but they don't tell u alot over the phone. They said I would need to make an app to get an info pack they don't send them out, which is a little odd but I guess it's just how they do it. They also said ur partner has to be at all app which is a little hard for us as DH is a truck driver & away alot due to work but hopefully we can work something out. They said they weren't to sure about bmi, it was up to the individual fs but I'm just going to get mine down anyway. I was also wondering what type of testing you HAVE to do?? I've had amh, pelvic scans & bloods & DH has had bloods & swimmers tested. Is there any other ones you have to do before u can start. Goodluck with your next cycle & thanx xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by femfroggy View Post
    Hi Just*Ace

Thank you for the response. Sorry to hear that it didn't work out for this cycle

I'm very new to the IVF world, would you mind telling me a bit more about the process at Primary IVF. I did see the chart on their website. I'm struggling to find any reviews on them. If the first cycle doesn't work, do you have to pay the same fees again for the next cycle? Are there any hidden costs? I had a look on their website and thought it's definitely more affordable than the other places, I just don't know about their success rates. Do they do fresh and frozen cycles? Do they allow for more than one embryo to be transferred in one cycle? Do they do the endometrial scratch if you ask? Sorry, I know I'm asking a lot of questions. It's nice to talk to someone that is in the same boat. Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you for the next cycle xx
    Hi femfroggy, I found the same, hardly any reviews or info out there on them.
    My first cycle I laid $60 for AMH testing, $200 for sperm freezing (optional) and $600 for egg retrieval. This round all I will pay is $600 for egg retrieval. If you are doing a frozen embryo transfer you sometimes have to pay for the medication after the transfer, but it seems to differ from person to person.

Yes they do fresh and frozen cycles.

They told me only 1 embryo, but some ladies in my primary group have been allowed to transfer 2, they were in their 40's though.

If you wanted a scratch done you would need to book it with the FS but it wouldn't be covered by Medicare like the rest.

Hope that helps, don't worry about asking too many questions, I have asked thousands! There's just so much confusion and uncertainty when starting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflybabe View Post
    @Just*Ace I rang primary get some more info but they don't tell u alot over the phone. They said I would need to make an app to get an info pack they don't send them out, which is a little odd but I guess it's just how they do it. They also said ur partner has to be at all app which is a little hard for us as DH is a truck driver & away alot due to work but hopefully we can work something out. They said they weren't to sure about bmi, it was up to the individual fs but I'm just going to get mine down anyway. I was also wondering what type of testing you HAVE to do?? I've had amh, pelvic scans & bloods & DH has had bloods & swimmers tested. Is there any other ones you have to do before u can start. Goodluck with your next cycle & thanx xo
    Hi butterflybabe
    Yep the receptionists sometimes aren't very forthcoming with info! The info pack doesn't really have much that isn't covered on the website. They are quite strict about partner being there for GP & FS appointments. My second appointment with the GP there was just to get my results and when I showed up by myself they weren't impressed! So it's usually 2 GP appointments, 1 FS appointment and 1 nurse appointment. What I did was booked the second GP appointment the same day as my FS one with half an hour in between, saved us making more trips then needed. For scans and bloods your partner doesn't have to go.

The tests you have had are the only ones we needed, so hopefully you are fine with those!

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanx for answering all my questions @Just*Ace, it can be quite overwhelming. DH is due home tonight so we have lots to talk about, hopefully we can get an app soon & get started. Yeah we are about 2hrs from Sydney, not a huge drive but long enough I say lol 😁 if I can get a few apps in the same day it might be well worth it. I'll let u know how we go 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stupid question I know but how do I put a pic where my name is?? I don't like this square o's & x's little guy much lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflybabe View Post
    Stupid question I know but how do I put a pic where my name is?? I don't like this square o's & x's little guy much lol
    Are you on the app? I know to do it on that just click your name then click the little pic

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll give it a go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

I have been with Primary since Late last year. I had all my tests carried out previously with IVF Aus and had a daughter from our first round of IVF. We had to have all blood tests repeated as they were over 12 months old and therefore were inaccurate.

We did a fresh cycle in December and fell pregnant but unfortunately we miscarried in January.
    We did another fresh cycle in March which looked awful and had two transferred(I am over 40) on day 3 but they were really poor quality and did not take. One of the Embryo's left cooking ended up a grade one blastocyst on day 5 and was frozen.
    We did a natural FET in April and I am now 6wks2d pregnant and we saw a heartbeat this morning.

For a fresh cycle I have paid $600 as my private health does not cover pregnancy and obstetrics.
    For the FET I have paid $160 in medications, progesterone mainly and a trigger which I didn't end up needing as I ovulated naturally.

My FS offered me an extra scan in 2 weeks time, again that is bulk billed.

I have on the whole found everyone I dealt with lovely however I did not have high expectations given it was a bulk billing service. You are just a number but in the private sector you are just a number too with regards to blood tests and scans etc, I didn't think the service was any better. Only difference I found was in the private sector If I was seeing the FS, I was the only person in the waiting room.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Killarneygirl, congrats on your pregnancy that's awesome. Sorry to hear about your loss early in the year. Thanx for all your info, it's all so exciting as well as overwhelming at the same time but am looking forward to getting the process started. Did they tell you they had a bmi when you went?? Congrats again & best of luck :-) xo