Closed Thread
Page 12 of 105 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Billie2 - I have the FF app which Ive been using to record BBT and symptoms ( when I was symptom spotting). It gives you the options to put all sort of meds or customise your own. Unfortunately it doesnt have a reminder system, just purely for record keeping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls thanks.. I have a period tracker app so I guess I will just use that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just back from my nurse appt. Alot went in, but went out the other ear as well. I dont know what my plan means. I have 1 injection that lasts 7 days. So bloody confused. Lee my nurse was so nice. I dont do needles and am quietly freaking out. Far out... I am just very much overwhelmed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ***BIG HUGS** to you @Billie2

Maybe try numbing the area with ice first before injecting. Wow 1 injection only?!! I hope I get that!.. I'm generally ok with needles but the thought of injecting myself

Maybe try getting hubby to inject instead.

Can I ask what your treatment plan is?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls 3 different drugs, sadly not one injection. I am on Elonva which is a one time injection that covers you for 5-7 days! So so happy its not daily injections like other drugs for the first week of the cycle. Its a slow release FSH. Then also 150 Puregon and 250 Orgalutran. I have given myself a face slap and should be fine to do myself. All feedback Ive read on forums is that the injections dont hurt or phase you after the first few. I just need to harden up I guess.

How are you going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also I learnt that as of 1 July 2015 the Govt changed something and now you have to pay $35 per script for your IVF drugs. Thats a charge that I hadn't heard anyone else mention.

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL.. you will be alright. I've also been told that the injections dont hurt. They're not lying ..lol

I'll have to look up those drugs for some more info. My friend who is going through Westmead IVF is currently on daily injections so it sounds completely different to what you've been put on. I'm wondering whether if differs between the clinics?

I was given a leaflet about the new changes to the PBS for IVF drugs. It is still better than the far cry of $5000 out of pocket at some other clinics.. So I'm happy to pay that..

Afm, I'm on 12dpo today and did a hpt which of course came back BFN. I'm just waiting for AF to start so I can get CD2-CD5 bloods done. Got my CD21 blood results back ( faxed to me) and everything looks fine ( as previously) so now its just a matter of waiting for the next GP apptment and then FS

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls i may be on the less intrusive single shot FSH due to no issue with me and we conceived our son (8yrs old) naturally. We have secondary IF and male factor. I dont think the Elonva has been around long in Aus. Maybe 5 yrs from research on net. It wasnt explained to me why I had that plan. The less I know, the less I will stress. Well thats the plan.

Ive been supporting friends doing IVF for years, so I wasn't too oblivious to whats involved, but when you see your own plan in a diary from a nurse, its confronting. But bloody exciting too. I will re-read my brochures 1000 times btw now and monday I reckon.

I have made a promise to myself to NOT sneak in a hpt before the final bt. Ive seen others send themselves nuts doing that. Lets hope I keep that promise😉.

Wouldnt it have been a nice surprise to see a positive result for you before the IVF testing finished! Good luck either way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls here is an article I just googled - http://m.smh.com.au/national/new-dru...005-1664q.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought I would be on the same treatment plan as my friend, since the last HSG scan it appears I have PCOS- looking ovaries but not PCOS ..(??)

Anyways, now I'm starting to think maybe I will be put on the same plan as you since I already have 3 yr old. Hmm.. I can't wait for the apptment with the FS.
    Was thinking today- the GP appointment is on the 25th Nov when I'll be CD13. Do you think they could start an IUI in that cycle before I ovulate on CD15?? .. I just don't want to wait another cycle to start the treatment.. haha

Yes @Billie2. It would be FANTASTIC if I got a BFP before IVF but after 12 mnths of ttc..and BBT dropping already... its only a matter of time before the witch shows up.

Thank you for the article. Will read through it later tonight =)
    Last edited by tjuls; 11-11-2015 at 14:39. Reason: not complete