Closed Thread
Page 1 of 105 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Any experiences with Primary Ivf?

Hi ladies I have booked in my first appointment with Primary Ivf. Would love to hear about people's experiences with them and what the first appointment involved

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    no advice - just want to say goodluck

all of our thoughts are with you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BH-KatiesMum View Post
    no advice - just want to say goodluck

all of our thoughts are with you

Thank you so much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Primary IVF

Hi there

I was wondering how it went with you consultation at Primary IVF? I've been doing some research and would like to make an appointment soon.

Hoping you can share some good news with us.

All the best

6. The Following User Says Thank You to femfroggy For This Useful Post:

rbccdwny  (05-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi femfroggy

No good news yet, I have done my first cycle but unfortunately only had 2 eggs retrieved, neither of which made it to transfer. No fault of primary's though. They are making me have a month off and starting a new cycle on a higher dose next month.

I haven't had any real issues with them, 1 of the nurses is a bit b|tchy, and the FS at our last appointment was very rushed and abrupt, but I guess it's a bulk billed clinic so you can't expect full on personal service.

If you have any questions let me know

Thanks
    Reviews

Default A few questions about primary

Hi, I'm new to these forums but thought I would give it a go to get some more info & chat with ppl in similar situations. DH & I have been together 13yrs, ttc for 2yrs. We're both 33. We have had all our tests done through ivf australia with a "unexplained Infertility" result. We decided to not go with ivf due to the prices, we have been looking into the fertility centre liverpool & had a consultation in dec last year, & primary ( the cost being good at both). They were really nice, I just need to get my bmi to 35 before they will start, it's currently 38. I have been losing weight but it takes forever lol. Anyway sorry to ramble on just wondering what u thought of primary, the doctors etched. Do they also use a bmi?? Do they sedate for epu or are u asleep??We just really want to start as soon as we can.
    Thanx & goodluck yo all trying 😊🌌

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflybabe View Post
    Hi, I'm new to these forums but thought I would give it a go to get some more info & chat with ppl in similar situations. DH & I have been together 13yrs, ttc for 2yrs. We're both 33. We have had all our tests done through ivf australia with a "unexplained Infertility" result. We decided to not go with ivf due to the prices, we have been looking into the fertility centre liverpool & had a consultation in dec last year, & primary ( the cost being good at both). They were really nice, I just need to get my bmi to 35 before they will start, it's currently 38. I have been losing weight but it takes forever lol. Anyway sorry to ramble on just wondering what u thought of primary, the doctors etched. Do they also use a bmi?? Do they sedate for epu or are u asleep??We just really want to start as soon as we can.
    Thanx & goodluck yo all trying 😊🌌
    Hi butterflybabe
    Yes primary do also have a bmi limit of 35, but they will start initial testing while you are over that limit. I know you said you have had your tests done with ivf australia but I know with some people they have made them do the testing again. I was right on the limit but was able to start my ivf cycle.
    For EPU you are asleep, I know some of the low cost clinics do it while you are awake, but luckily primary don't!
    I would recommend making your first appointment, even if you can't start just yet it's good to get the ball rolling good luck!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Just*Ace For This Useful Post:

Butterflybabe  (06-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Just wishing you good luck for your next cycle xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

Butterflybabe  (06-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Just*Ace thanx for the info. I will hove them a quick call today to find out some more. It's a bit of a pain if we have to do all the tests again. When we went to liverpool in dec they were fine for us to start (when my bmi was down) even though all our tests were done elsewhere. I suppose every clinic is different. Thanx again 😊 @Mamasupial, thanx for the support 😊 xo