+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Jillian Spilsbury- Newcastle Private Hospital

Hi all, I am 5w+2d with baby #1 and have been referred by my GP to Jillian Spilsbury at Newcastle Private for all of my care and scans. Can anyone provide any info or reviews on Dr Spilsbury or Newcastle Private? I am hoping for a natural birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Danni,
    Congratulations! I didn't see Jillian as my OB but she was the OB at the delivery of my DD2 (my OB was on leave - my daughter was a week overdue). She seemed nice for the short time I did see her. I had a nasty tear so she had to pop in a few sutures. I was also at Newcastle Private. I have delivered 3 of my bubs there and always enjoyed my stay and the staff were lovely to me. My first 2 bubs where delivered at JHH. We had lots of complications and a long stay there and while we were looked after very well the private hospital was just 'nicer'. I felt really comfortable, it was quite and nice to have your own room. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh I forgot ........ all my births were natural too. The staff at NPH where very accommodating and I was able to do what I wanted. For example walking (without being strapped to the monitor), getting in the bath and giving birth on all fours on the bed. This was by far the most comfortable position for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We ended up going with someone else but she was our second choice. Just check - last I heard she had also taken on someone else in her practice that does some of the load. Can't remember their name - it was a woman.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you live here meredithgrey? I've had 3 in the public including numerous losses - very under-staffed in this area and therefore not all people are looked after properly resulting in losses and mismanagement where not necessary. Most of the staff I met were lovely, but there is only so much they can do. Whilst some I truly can never forgive for their neglect and the death of my babies when it could have been avoided.

Had 1 in the private and could not fault them - a wonderful experience compared to the nightmare experiences of the public. Went with an ob that could deliver at either if necessary. Was encouraged to stay and had my own room rather than pushed out the door straight after birth.

I understand that some public hospitals are very good.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

Soon2be4  (05-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    By no means upset me. Just wasn't sure if you were local or not as I know that hospitals can vary greatly. There is high population here and just not the services/morale/accountability that there should be at our local public. There is also birthing service at Belmont.

Like you, I'm uncertain as to specifics of op's situation. Maybe Jillian was recommended if the op wanted to go private.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

Soon2be4  (05-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I didnt use Jillian personally but have friends who did and spoke highly of her.
    My OB referred me to her for my 12 & 20wk scans as her office has very advanced ultrasound team.

I birthed my 3rd child at newcastle private and had a great experience both in labour and post natal wards.
    A great experience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone for your input. Little Ted I'm so sorry about your losses .
    meredithgrey I work at JHH and don't want to birth there and potentially either be kicked out early or end up in 4-bed room.
    I was trying to decide between belmont birthing centre and newcastle private and my GP and I both decided that newcastle private would be my best option due to my pre-existing medical and mental health issues.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default dr spilsbury review

Hi i just had my 2nd bub with jillian in late November she now works with dr parks she is fantastic too. Could not recommend them or nph more highly they have been fantastic for both my pregnancies and the staff at nph were great too and really listened to what i wanted. Good luck